• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

Justinh

Did they make the game fun too?
oOASSk4.gif

Seems to be running... acceptably well considering what kind of game it is.

Why don't you just buy the 360/ps3 version? I don't think the graphic will be upgraded with this one. You're basically buying a Xbone just to play a last gen game. Save yourself $300 and buy the $20 game of the year of RDR.

You could just buy a 360 😅

The Idea is that performance would be better on the X1. I also don't want to buy old tech to play a game that could be played equally on new tech. Last gen is dead. It's not getting any new games. Current gen, with the best of last gen with it, is infinitely more appealing than buying a 360.

urge26

This is bizarre it dropped today, I just started playing and 7 hours into it I'd say this is such a beautiful well crafted game for last gen. Back to the 360, disc only here.

after i saw this i checked and it's not showing as ready to install.checked the xbox website and i do own the digital version but it's not showing.
Read the OP, you need to follow the person who has it first and then you can dl it. It isn't showing up in ready to install for anyone yet

EvB

I'm trying to find out this guy's source so I can see if it leads me to any new ways to find stuff. I've had almost everything shut down

Boke1879

Ok which physical version should I buy? The regular base game? or the GOTY edition with Undead Nightmare? Or does it not make a difference.

cakely

Ok, waiitttt ... at some point in the future, I'll just be able to put my Xbox 360 Red Dead Redemption disc in my Xbox One, it will download the digital version, and I'll be able to play?

The More You Know™

noomi

FUCK YES!

One of my top 3 all time favorites, have my physical copy and all addons ready to go as soon as they are.

Good shit.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ok, waiitttt ... at some point in the future, I'll just be able to put my Xbox 360 Red Dead Redemption disc in my Xbox One, it will download the digital version, and I'll be able to play?

The More You Know™
Yeah as long as you put the disc in when you play.

Theorry

The More You Know™

Jup. But the disc version is still your license.

This is bizarre it dropped today, I just started playing and 7 hours into it I'd say this is such a beautiful well crafted game for last gen. Back to the 360, disc only here.

This isn't an official release. If it were you wouldn't need to go through someone's account (likely someone testing it). Same thing happened when BC first launched and if you knew who to look at you could get the games early. There's a chance this isn't the final build of the game too.

Regardless, this pretty much confirms it will be in the next phase.

Alienous

RDR seems like a game that would struggle with the CPU, considering that seems to be the problem game for most 360->Xbox One ports and RDR had heavy physics simulation.

I'd expect the port to be pretty bad. I'd like to see some shootout footage.

Then that is what maybe is missing??? cause all I see is choppy frames turning the camera now.
No, choppy frames is something else. I can replicate exactly what you are talking about when I spawn in the city hotel. I think there are just minor framerate issues in certain areas. Was that the case on the 360? I honestly don't remember.

I happen to be playing it on the 360 currently for a video on the channel and ya it looks identical.

It'll be your mind unless you are inba town area. Going back to 360/PS3 gen games, it amazes me how my nostalgia glasses thought they were smoother.

Pretty sweet, just need a deal on the digital edition.

Also it would be awesome now if they announce the next Red Dead.
'Hey, the next Red Dead comes out this fall and until then you can now go play RDR on Xone'

Chitown B

How is it trolling? It's the truth. Most people have a 360 to play it on already. Why go out and buy an expensive console to play an old game?

people aren't doing that. it's those that either sold their 360 or want the new recording capabilities of the new gen, or maybe they just like to only use one box as much as possible.

Pejo

Gold Member
My 360 is in storage at the opposite side of the country, so I am on top of this. It's installing right now. Wonder what happened to allow this out of nowhere. I'll have go back and read the whole thread.

I wish bully was added
Should be fairly easy since it was a PS2 game that was ported x upgraded a bit

I just passed on red dead the other day too, damn

Top Bottom