• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me some podcasts please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are probably hundreds of these threads, so if there's one for asking in general and I missed it I apologize and a mod can close the thread. As to the topic itself:

I recently started listening to podcasts extensively and went with safe bets, people I like either from their youtube videos or their humor in general. In about a week I'll be going to Dubai to visit family and I probably need to get as many podcasts as I can for the long ass trip. Having said that the two podcasts I've been listening to and am about to catch up with are:

The Biggest Problem in the Universe - Maddox and Dick Masterson
Sleepy Cast - OneyNG, Stamper, psychicpebbles, and others

I also enjoyed the Ricky Gervais show in the animated HBO form, but they've already largely used the best material in those seasons and it's all spread out so it isn't an easy show to get into.

I guess my taste is definitely the people who don't necessarily care about being politically correct, or don't care about being unpopular with their opinions. Humorous discussion that is raunchy/vulgar as all hell is a plus too.

Even if you can't think of something quite as similar to these I'd appreciate some hilarious podcasts in general.

Siegcram

"No Such Thing as a Fish" - group of writers for a British quiz show that talk about the weirdest facts they found during their research.

You learn a lot and they're pretty funny.

entremet

Bill Burr podcast is hilarious and raunchy.

It's a one man podcast, but Bill just riffed on random stuff. He is a big sports fan, so that's a lot of it too.

bsod

Banned
I can't recommend the Joe Rogan Experience podcast enough. Aside from being a funny as fuck himself, he's got a number of great guests who cover a huge variety of topics from the obscure to the mainstream. Neil deGrasse Tyson's been on there, Maynard from Tool, CliffyB, Kid Cudi, Bill Burr, UFC fighters, etc.

CBB is a must.

Basically just go over to Earwolf and find one that strikes your fancy.

Bill Burr's podcast is also great. Chelsea Peretti also has a pretty funny one.

sikkinixx

The Flop House - bad movie podcast with writers from the daily Show

Roderick on the Line - musican John Roderick and awesome person Merlin Mann babble about stuff that ranges from idiotic to deeply profound.

I've listened to Nobody Likes Onions for the past 6 years. It's a comedy show that's just moved to New York City, so they're in a bit of a lull, but the host Patrick has promised he's gonna be getting a lot of New York comedians in, if you're into that. It's a bit overbearing to jump into, but it's a really funny show if you can stick around long enough to get some of the inside humor.

GT Time is GameTrailers' weekly show about gaming news. It's pretty nice as a weekly recap, as well as to hear their opinions on stories.

Another good gaming one is Daft Souls, hosted by Matt Lees. They're much more casual than GT Time.

I've just started getting into Dan Harmon's show Harmontown. If you don't know, he's the creator of Community, and co-creator of Rick and Morty. He's very opinionated but his show's always interesting and funny.

BPoole

The Biggest Problem in the Universe is sooooo good. Maddox and Dick Masterson are fucking hilarious. That was going to be my recommendation

Comedy Bling Bling is fantastic, as is its' sister shows You Talkin' U2 To Me and Who Charted. How Did This Get Made is also consistently hilarious. The Giant Bombcast is also essential listening IMO.

Serial is also super interesting, if you're into true crime storytelling.

Zoolader

I'm not subscribed to any podcasts or check them out that regularly, but one time I listened to Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast and I was laughing a whole lot.

lednerg

Non-comedy:
Serial - I swear, everybody in the podcast world listens to this show or at least knows about it. It's from the staff of This American Life.
Serial NeoGAF thread

Radiolab - An incredibly well-produced show. "Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience."

Comedy:
The Poundcast - Hosted by DJ Douggpound from the Tim and Eric world. He shoots the shit with comics and musicians and fucks around with a soundboard.

Harmontown - Dan Harmon, creator/writer of Community and Rick and Morty rants in front of a live audience for a bit, invites a guest on, and then they all play a quick round of D&D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I can't recommend the Joe Rogan Experience podcast enough. Aside from being a funny as fuck himself, he's got a number of great guests who cover a huge variety of topics from the obscure to the mainstream. Neil deGrasse Tyson's been on there, Maynard from Tool, CliffyB, Kid Cudi, Bill Burr, UFC fighters, etc.

And don't miss any JRE with Joey Diaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom