• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me some intellectually stimulating videos.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The Secret Life of Chaos - 2010, BBC

It's about chaos theory, its origins and history, and how it pertains to natural phenomena. I found it mesmerizingly fascinating when I first watched it.

Banned
This 5 video long youtube playlist by Technology Connections about the failed Video Disc format 'CED'
if the development went well and didn't completely go off the rails, this would have been the first video disc format on the consumer market.
It used extremely high density Vinyl records to play video with a high precision Stylus.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

ran across this video that shows a concept in a very novel manner, i thought this was going to be about public key encryption but it was more simple.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
My son is aviation mad and some nights we watch a few plane videos, anything plane related really, even air disasters. One he said about the other night was about flight TWA flight 800..

I'd never heard of this and from watching it only bolstered my inner hatred of flying. Give me a Douglas DC-3 and a chute, i'll fly anyware. These death tins? Hate them.

One can only imagine the horror onboard. Awful.

Marvel14

Banned
What are some interesting and intellectual videos on the internet that changed your perspective, provided you insight, and entertained you? (Serious topic, in before joke videos)

Here is one of my recommendations.

Mike Hill, not sure if you heard of this guy, but his lectures are pretty profound.

Here's another video I came across by William Lidwell,

Any smart, profound videos, lectures even you came across or recommend?

Brian Green's Relativity lectures are accessible and some serious shit.

The monk debate on political correctness is excellent with the shining light of Stephen Fry.

There are so many....

GeekyDad

Scotty is on uppers.
Yeah, but probably the most knowledgeable mechanic on the planet. He thinks in practical terms and common sense, and for me, it's a good countermeasure to analytics and theory. One of his other videos (which I might have posted, not sure) discusses A.I.-controlled cars, and why he feels their future is far off (50+ years or so).

Keep in mind, though, he's old-school YT. He's been around since right around YT launched. If you go back to his older videos, which were more focused on answering specific questions, his mechanical knowledge is that of a true, first-class surgeon.

GeekyDad

This one was really good. Gonna be watching more of these for sure. Great lawyering from both sides. However...VERY disappointed there was no decision by the court shown in the video -- NOT cool! So, be forewarned.

GeekyDad

This may end up being my favorite channel for a while.

Thus far, I've only watched a single video for what appeared to be the end of Day 1 for the trial. Very professional, can hear the testimony and questions clearly. Came up in my recommended. But now I'm gonna go back and start from the very beginning of the playlist.

Checked the channel out. It seems they've tons of these trial playlists. Hopefully, they're not all criminal cases, but definitely a channel I'm interested in.

Top Bottom