• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raytracing on the XBOX Series S is impressive | MVG

MastaKiiLA

Videos like these make you appreciate what DF does with their breakdowns. I'm trying to evaluate the reflections, and buddy is busy looking all over the place with the camera. DF uses a lot of stationary shots, with slow and small camera movements, so that you can clearly pick up on differences between RT and SSR. It's not a knock on this person, as I think they just wanted to show that the console is performing RT in this game, but it just really reinforces why DF is considered to be good at what they do.

DustQueen

Banned
Some of the comments...my God.
I swear we are not far away from holocaust comparisons...

In reality the fact that 4tf machine handling this early unoptimized implementation of RT quite well...it's very good news

Hatters hanging on Series S not having RT/30fps mode for DMC like anyone in their right fucking mind gonna actually play DMC at 30 frames.

martino

it's there but really low res and near not de-noised.
not bad given the system specs but it is worth it ? i imagine answer to that is subjective.

DustQueen

Banned
it's there but really low res and near not de-noised.
not bad given the system specs but it is worth it ? i imagine answer to that is subjective.

If this industry has anyone competent left... It is it's software engineers.
If they made Doom Eternal work on One S. They sure ll find ways to de-noise RT on SS.

martino

If this industry has anyone competent left... It is it's software engineers.
If they made Doom Eternal work on One S. They sure ll find ways to de-noise RT on SS.
Sure it's only one example to do it and all smoke we had points to api were late on ms end.

Last edited:
So again some RT video about XSS in WD: Legions. Pretty interesting how it runs, honestly it looks like 900p seems pretty "soft", but nonetheless not exactly expected...from my side at least.

Bigger question if we are heading towards the "watery worlds" in this gen, because I don't need shine everywhere, where it does not belong. Seems like the first HDR era as in "over bright".

That's actually a pretty accurate representation of that area in London. I recognised it immediately. St Pauls area.

Allandor

Don't go outside then.

piccadilly_2.jpg

Oh man, god just decreased the RT resolution ;)

The looks really impressive for what it is. A small budget-console using RT.
I still see RT as a mixed bag, because it is still really consuming a lot of power that could be better used in other locations, but I really didn't expect that from such a small GPU (even with all the tricks).

acm2000

Ray traced GI is the big boy toy we really need, not reflections, alas that really is hardware crippling so reflections and shadows is probably the extent of most RT this gen.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Sure it's only one example to do it and all smoke we had points to api were late on ms end.
There was no smoke other than people like NXGamer spreading bullshit based on literally nothing. “There won’t be any games with ray tracing at launch on the series x because the apis are way behind”.....next minute even the goddamn series S has ray tracing games at launch lol.

Top Bottom