• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale [US]: SFV, Wipeout, MegaMan, Hitman, For Honor, Blazblue, Furi, Skullgirls

I know if I buy Alienation at this price it will definitely be a PS+ freebie next month, but if I don't it won't....so god dammit anyway...I guess I'll just buy it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wipeout is ace, so people won't be disappointed.

If you only had a $10 budget here, what would you recommend for PS4.

Looking at Xrd, or Megaman Legacy. Anything else worth my attention? Have Alienation as I'm in the UK but bought a $10 card for my US/Humble bundle account a while back.

DeviantBoi

What's the word on Torment: Tides of Numenera?

I backed it on KickStarter, but couldn't play it in the end because of the PC requirements. Was kinda pissed that they didn't offer keys for the PS4 version to those that were interested.

But I still would like to play it.

Worth it?

Wipeout is ace, so people won't be disappointed.

If you only had a $10 budget here, what would you recommend for PS4.

Looking at Xrd, or Megaman Legacy. Anything else worth my attention? Have Alienation as I'm in the UK but bought a $10 card for my US/Humble bundle account a while back.

Depends how much you want to play old Mega Man games. I'm not a big MM fan because I find them too difficult, but Xrd is fantastic.

Luschient

Is Homefront worth $12?

I played the first one and it was just okay, suspended disbelief enough to get into the story a bit.

ghibli99

It's a somewhat sad realization that at this point, I think I have every game I could ever want on PSN and other ecosystems. I guess that's a nice result of digital sales having improved so much this generation, so... I'm less sad now. LOL

Sepultura

Less than a month ago. It charted on September best sellers pretty high.
Crap, I missed it then :/ The base edition or Complete Bundle? I'm just interested in the base game. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I'm checking out PSN's sale for a discount on Bloodborne which ended in disappointment. Bought Rachet and Clank for $10 and haven't seen Bloodborne on sale ever since.

kikiribu

Holy shit Alienation actually went that cheap? I was super addicted to that and I preferred it over Destiny lol.

SFV is a steal at that price.
Skullgirls is very underrated and should be purchased. I actually prefer it over MVC.
WipEout Omega is godlike.

How is Hitman compared to Blood Money? Is it as good?

firelogic

Crap, I missed it then :/ The base edition or Complete Bundle? I'm just interested in the base game. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I'm checking out PSN's sale for a discount on Bloodborne which ended in disappointment. Bought Rachet and Clank for $10 and haven't seen Bloodborne on sale ever since.

The base edition was $8 on August 31.

I'd say it's even better. As long as the always online thing isn't too much of an issue for you, JUMP ON IT if you like Hitman at all. At 24$ it is a fucking steal when you take into account just how much stuff there is to do, how replayable it all is and how much fun it all is.

RSchmitz

The DLC is amazing though, try to get the goty edition if you can.

kitzkozan

Yes. If anyone is planning to buy arcade edition, buy this now and start earning Fight Money. The first Season 3 character may be available as early as December.

Buying now instead of waiting will get you at minimum 13 weeks x 5000 easy FM if you do the simplest weekly challenge which takes literally a minute. If you actually play regularly and online, bump that up to 13 x 6500 or so.

Unless someone would absolutely need a physical copy, I agree that this is buying the arcade edition 3 months in advance and earn the maximum amount of FM indeed. ;)

bender

What time is it?

Hitman is wonderful, don't hesitate. I love Blood Money but I think this version might be my favorite Hitman.

I've got Alienation, Wipeout and Torment in my cart. I might hold of on Torment as I doubt I'll play it anytime soon. Decisions, decisions.

Great name!

I'm in for Alienation. Gonna coop with my son like we did with dead nation, good times.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I wonder if SFV will drop even lower by the end of the year. As it stands i can get a digital copy and both seasons for less than 40$ if i wait for the second pass to drop like the first did.
I'm not sure what your math is here. If the base game is $10 and S1 is $10 and S2 is $20, you're at $40. Which of those things do you expect to be cheaper than that?

Mikey Jr.

I just bought like 7 VR games...
giphy.webp

Dude where have you been?
Every time Y0 is on sale is like a GIF celebration at GAF, HOW do you miss those? XD
It was on sale on June, July and Sep.
Expect it to be $30 by Nov/Dec.

Apparently I'm fucking stupid. Not sure how I miss ALL of these. Can someone PM me next time please, lol.

Hitman is, at least. One of the best, most creative, most mechanically sound stealth games ever. It's easily the best Hitman game.

IO have been teasing some extra content that's planned to be released by the end of this month, too.
Indeed they ate
The megaman collections are good too
I've played the hell out of both of them and think at that price they're a steal. Particularly Hitman for me personally, as the game heavily encourages experimentation / replay-ability.
Thanks guys.

Hesemonni

Banned
I guess I really have no reason not to buy Crypt of the Necrodancer. Seems like a perfect Vita game.

E: Oh fuck, I do. Didn't notice this was US ... screw you.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
MKXL is a steal for $12.

The story mode is a lot of fun and its great for casual multiplayer when you have friends over.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Xrd Rev is worth $6 for the fishing mode alone

Let's not be crazy now, that's just basically opening a lootbox over and over.

Still worth it as if you like it you can end up picking up all the stuff in rev 2 for like... 2bucks more than rev 2 raw

Now if you know you really want to get into gg but are unsure of a character rev 2 is still the better buy

If you know you wont be using leo or dizzy then rev then upgrading to rev 2 is better and saves you 14 bucks

Top Bottom