• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM3 August 2007 (Worthless PES 2008 Info + Lots On Destroy All Humans 3)

Mmmkay

Shitty boring cover this month, and before you ask no there is not a Chris Benoit version.
psm3aug07.jpg

The 'Insider'
* Capcom are working on a top-secret AAA quality remake of an old 8-bit classic for PS3.
* Everything else is garbage or old.

PES 2008 (Bugger all info)
- 'Teamvision' AI: Adaptive AI which 'learns' how to counter your play style
- Support players will have better AI to support the player in possession
- New dribble animations will enable the ball to be manipulated in tight space when under pressure
- Improved set piece system with more attacking options and control of the defensive wall
- Greater player detail with full facial animations

FIFA 08 (Not much better here either)
- Never see the same dibble animation twice. 'Organic' on the fly calculations
- Improved ball physics
- 'Be a pro' mode. Take on the role of a single player in an entire match
- 15,000 licensed players, 30 leagues, 620 official teams. Online league
- AI: Players equipped with 'threat maps', letting them analyse the space around them to make intelligent, realistic footballing decisions in real time.

Destroy All Humans: Path of Furon - Developed by Sandblast
- 1970's
- Crypto on the path to enlightenment
- 4 different enlightenment powers (body, mind, space, time)
-- e.g. Complete Path of Time, you can freeze time with 'Temporal Fist' skill and play skittles
- Refined weapons, homing anal probe, tweaked disintegrator, much better ship
- 5 invasion sites: Los Paradiso (Vegas), Shen Long (Hong Kong), Paris, Sunnywood (Hollywood), Unannounced 'top secret' site (PSM3 reckon Furon).

Sandblast Q&A - I'll type it up in a bit...

Reviews

PS3
The Darkness - 71
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 80
Rainbow Six Vegas - 76
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 55
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer - 39

PS2
Dawn of Mana - 79
King of Fighters XI - 77
Great Battles of Rome - 35

PSP
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai 2 - 61
Hot Pixel - 52
SBK Superbikes PSP - 58
Exit 2 - 74
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 85

ram

from what i saw - destroy all humans 3 looks a minimal souped up xbox version of destroy all humans 2 - only in the 70s. and who is sandblast? never heard from them...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
cartoon_soldier said:
Why would you have Kane on the cover?

If you like bit, greasy, bald men, playing with other men on mat.

D:

What happened with the reviews? 71 for The Darkness, 80 for NGS, 76 for Rainbow Six?

Those guys are bad. Are there any HALO 3 ads in the magazine?

Mmmkay

ram said:
from what i saw - destroy all humans 3 looks a minimal souped up xbox version of destroy all humans 2 - only in the 70s. and who is sandblast? never heard from them...
Yeah, doesn't look great and I've never heard of Sandblast before. Even google fails me.

Mmmkay

Defuser said:
wtf? :lol
* PSP2 at E3: 8GB Flash, slot loading UMD (old)
* RE5 may not make E3 (old)
* Fallout 3 (old)
* Sony may start charging for PSN (garbage - same misquote of Eric Lempel used elsewhere on the net)
* GTA4 no PS3 episodic content (old)
* UT3 timed exclusive for PS3 (garbage imho)
* Rumble Sixaxis (nothing new or interesting)

Rlan

badcrumble said:
Cue speculation! I didn't own an 8-bit console so I don't have a clue!

The last 1up yours or so mentioned that Capcom have been attempting to revive the Bionic Commando lisence for years, and that the rumor is a XBLA / PSN remake is in the works.

Mmmkay

Here's the Sandblast Q&A:

PSM3: How will the missions work?
John Knoles:
Missions will be activated by finding a 'mission giver' in the open world, such as Crypto's holographic handler Pox or another character, and engaging in a brief conversation, which results in some witty repartee, and the player choosing to accept or decline. There are story, side and sandbox missions. Sandbox missions are repeatable minigames that allow the player to come back over and over to better their scores, try the missions with new weapons or abilities, or find hidden items that were previously inaccessible.

PSM3: How will you attract fans of the series who thought the second game was too similar to the original?
JK:
We've given Crypto a much bigger toolbox with which to manipulate and destroy humans in a sandbox world, but we didn't just want to add spiffy textures and more polygons. We've streamlined the controls so that now Crypto can combine mental powers, hand weapons, and jetpack flight for the first time. This opens up the player discovery in combat - what happens if I use PK on a car, then fly it up to the roof of a building, stick an Ion Detonator on it, throw it and detonate it in mid-air as a group of Military army helicopters is arriving? That's just one of many possible combinations.
We want players to feel like everything they do has a tangible effect on the world. The cities are bigger, buildings are 10 times taller, and they are rammed with scores of people who fill the streets in panicked crowds when attacked. You can literally carve your name into the terrain or buildings with the death ray.

PSM3: Will the game feature co-op play?
JK:
Yes. Our goal was to come up with fun new games, in which two players could have a lot of fun destroying humans while working together or against each other. We've come up with several co-operative and Versus game modes, each designed to exploit fun new features unique to our game.

PSM3: Can you really level every building so it never comes back?
JK:
Well, you can level every building within every Invasion Site, and scar every square meter of terrain - but it wouldn't be too fun if everything you destroyed stayed destroyed forever. So we do bring things back when you start new missions and leave some things destroyed.

PSM3: Will the PS3 version feature online features? What will these be?
JK:
Yes, we're planning to let the player download custom content for Crypto and his saucer, as well as win awards for various gameplay achievements.

PSM3: How have you found developing on PlayStation 3?
JK:
PS3 is an extremely powerful and complex machine. There is so much you can do with it, but it requires planning and dedication. We will be fully leveraging the Cell Broadband Engine, taking advantage of its multi-processing power. This will require us to rewrite a sizeable amount of our game code, but it's well worth the effort to get the faster physics and AI simulations. We are also really excited about the Sixaxis controller and the new gameplay options it opens up for Destroy All Humans. The motion-based control on the saucer and jetpack flight is very intuitive and feels really good. We're also experimenting with ways to use it when holding things in PK, Crypto's 'psychokinetic' ability.

Scribble

I remember playing the tutorial level for the first Destroy All Humans, and I thought it was EXTREMELY fun. What went wrong with the series?

Top Bottom