• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Don't drink alcohol too much. Liver transplant experience. NeoGAF special edition.

Dai Kaiju

Well at some point, it's better to have transplant, than have some issues later on, which cound not be cured by surgery. They way I looked it, that surgery simply saved me. In way more way, than just Liver. So yeah.

You can't get a pancreas transplant. It would be like getting a heart transplant or a stomach transplant. You get one and done. The necrosis is gone and all my liver enzymes are normal. God is real etc.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I had some intense anxiety several years ago when I was going through some health problems and probably a pretty intense mid-life crisis on top of that. I saw someone about it and they prescribed Klonopin.

I'm the type that is *very* reluctant to take any type of medication (or even listen to any mainstream healthcare practitioner), and I always do my homework thoroughly before putting any substance into my body - food or otherwise. But I was struggling so much at the time, and I took a dose, despite my better judgment.

It only took one (small) dose for me to discard the medication and never return. I felt what I could only describe as my mind being shredded, torn apart. It is one of the worst sensations I've ever had in life, and I later laughed with the prescribing doctor about how some take this substance in high doses, long-term. Granted, my constitution is very sensitive to any type of foreign chemical, but I don't know how (or why - knowing what we know about the the drug) people do it. In my evaluation, both in practice and in research, it's just pure poison.
You obviously dodged the bullet, since if you would like it, especially Clonazepam is type of mellow-euphoric feeling drug. It could ended up badly. So really good for your honestly.

You can't get a pancreas transplant. It would be like getting a heart transplant or a stomach transplant. You get one and done. The necrosis is gone and all my liver enzymes are normal. God is real etc.
You can get Pancreas transplant, it's mainly used for patients with diabetes, but I am sure even in different cases. It's very doable transplant, with good life expectancy.

Last edited:
You obviously dodged the bullet, since if you would like it, especially Clonazepam is type of mellow-euphoric feeling drug. It could ended up badly. So really good for your honestly.

Yeah. I don't judge those who need some help and take it - or any other similar chemical, but I think the research is pretty damning regarding this type of drug. And sure, others probably have positive experiences (for a while), but it's probably best avoided in favor of other methods by everyone. I feel for those who've seen their lives wrecked because of this type of "medicine".

Dai Kaiju

You can get Pancreas transplant, it's mainly used for patients with diabetes, but I am sure even in different cases. It's very doable transplant, with good life expectancy.
That's interesting. I had a group of 5 doctors tell me that one of the things they're told in medical school is "you don't touch the pancreas" because it usually doesn't do very well afterwards. My point is I didn't need one even after it was on it's last leg and I don't have any medical issues 6 years later haha

M1chl

Yeah. I don't judge those who need some help and take it - or any other similar chemical, but I think the research is pretty damning regarding this type of drug. And sure, others probably have positive experiences (for a while), but it's probably best avoided in favor of other methods by everyone. I feel for those who've seen their lives wrecked because of this type of "medicine".
But let me tell you, that this medicine have it's place as a tool to help you from some hole, to even seek other type of remedies or basically anything. It should be used short-term. Only. You can see what it can do, after years of use, not sure what Benzo it was, but I expect something like Clonazepam could be it:

He most like never recovers from that and the MO how this medication is well known. They damper then brain response to the irritation from mind or other parts of your body. But brain ramped their sensitivity up, due to being dampered so you need more. So they are not a solution, but just a tool start up the healing process, but they are almost never used properly. I've been prescribed it and was not offered anything else for long term management. And you can probably understand, if I was scarred to even open the front door, than I needed something to be able to do that, but simply psychiatrist failed, to help me long term and since she put me into Benzo Withrawal, my survival Instinct kicked in (Benzo and Alcohol is only two substances which you can died from W/D) and I started to do dumb shit. But from my view, what I should do, the terror of that withdrawal is something unwrittable. Just look at the video and those visible issue he have, is just a type of the iceberk, that person inside is living in hell.

That's interesting. I had a group of 5 doctors tell me that one of the things they're told in medical school is "you don't touch the pancreas" because it usually doesn't do very well afterwards. My point is I didn't need one even after it was on it's last leg and I don't have any medical issues 6 years later haha
Yeah I was more like projecting my experince onto yours and I hope that you completely healed and that it's not going to affect you later in your life.

But let me tell you, that this medicine have it's place as a tool to help you from some hole, to even seek other type of remedies or basically anything. It should be used short-term. Only. You can see what it can do, after years of use, not sure what Benzo it was, but I expect something like Clonazepam could be it:

He most like never recovers from that and the MO how this medication is well known. They damper then brain response to the irritation from mind or other parts of your body. But brain ramped their sensitivity up, due to being dampered so you need more. So they are not a solution, but just a tool start up the healing process, but they are almost never used properly. I've been prescribed it and was not offered anything else for long term management. And you can probably understand, if I was scarred to even open the front door, than I needed something to be able to do that, but simply psychiatrist failed, to help me long term and since she put me into Benzo Withrawal, my survival Instinct kicked in (Benzo and Alcohol is only two substances which you can died from W/D) and I started to do dumb shit. But from my view, what I should do, the terror of that withdrawal is something unwrittable. Just look at the video and those visible issue he have, is just a type of the iceberk, that person inside is living in hell.

Yeah, as I said, no judgment. It's just a very toxic chemical in most cases. Obviously there will be exceptions - like with everything else. I don't fault anyone for being desperate for help and willing to try just about anything if life gets particularly overwhelming. Sometimes you're just looking for a piece of driftwood to keep you afloat. You just don't want to grab onto a gator. :p

M1chl

Yeah, as I said, no judgment. It's just a very toxic chemical in most cases. Obviously there will be exceptions - like with everything else. I don't fault anyone for being desperate for help and willing to try just about anything if life gets particularly overwhelming. Sometimes you're just looking for a piece of driftwood to keep you afloat. You just don't want to grab onto a gator. :p
You are absolutely correct, but since...back then....I did zero research and trust my doctor, it certainly was not the best decision. I am maybe defensive, about my experience, because at that one point I really did not see any other option than take anything which I was Rx, because I wanted to live normally. I did not do any research and it worked almost like a magic on me.

M1chl M1chl , I'm really sorry to hear this, bro.....

This was heartbreaking to read and I really hope you're feeling better with each day. What a blessing it is to have free healthcare in your situation and im glad you've already started treatment.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us and I'm glad you're still apart of this community :messenger_heart: I will share this with Max Payne once I get to see him again.

M1chl

M1chl M1chl , I'm really sorry to hear this, bro.....

This was heartbreaking to read and I really hope you're feeling better with each day. What a blessing it is to have free healthcare in your situation and im glad you've already started treatment.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us and I'm glad you're still apart of this community :messenger_heart: I will share this with Max Payne once I get to see him again.
Well I watched this shit like a million times:

And I hope you have everything sorted out, you know that ban request and all that stuff around it.

Liljagare

5L of 40% alcohol? Dang, how did you stand up after that?

Big congrats on a second chance!!

I drink too much, but have cut down massively the last year, it's aaaalways been a mental crutch, since PTSD and other stuff. Meds never helped, the best help was actually CBT and talking to a counsellor. This year I am enjoying 2-3 weeks without a drink, and when I drink it's normal levels, actually started to not enjoy the flavour of hard liqours, a glass of wine with food is enough.

Always been interested in people who manage to drink 1 bottle of liqour a day, or 2, and still never get liver problems, had a grandpa that did this, started the day with whiskey, smoked, got to be 95, he started early too, as a stone miner, in his early 20's. It's wierd how genetics seem to play favourites on us. Others enjoy some beer and bad food, and get issues in their 30's.

(PS. A good indicator on how your liver/pancreas is doing is your poop. Watery/yellow/can't handle fatty foods is a good indicator you should get a checkup, for a normal person 1 bottle of red wine a day will probarly give you a fatty liver in 5 years, liver failure in 15, read in a study..).

Last edited:

M1chl

5L of 40% alcohol? Dang, how did you stand up after that?

Big congrats on a second chance!!
Well it was over like a weekend not down it in one sitting.

Always been interested in people who manage to drink 1 bottle of liqour a day, or 2, and still never get liver problems, had a grandpa that did this, started the day with whiskey, smoked, got to be 95, he started early too, as a stone miner, in his early 20's. It's wierd how genetics seem to play favourites on us. Others enjoy some beer and bad food, and get issues in their 30's.

(PS. A good indicator on how your liver/pancreas is doing is your poop. Watery/yellow/can't handle fatty foods is a good indicator you should get a checkup, for a normal person 1 bottle a day will probarly give you a fatty liver in 5 years, liver failure in 15, read in a study..).
Yeah well, I guess my genetics, played a role in the way, that I never had a hangover. And to be honest my luck was, that i managed to do that in such a short time, because my brain would be probably toasted after longer period of time.

And to me much more of an indicator is urine, until that faithful week, I never had an issue with stool.

-YFC-

This is a touching story. I'm glad you got a second chance and I imagine this was not easy to write and open up like that.
Stay strong my Czech brother.

Last edited:
Well it was over like a weekend not down it in one sitting.

Yeah well, I guess my genetics, played a role in the way, that I never had a hangover. And to be honest my luck was, that i managed to do that in such a short time, because my brain would be probably toasted after longer period of time.

And to me much more of an indicator is urine, until that faithful week, I never had an issue with stool.
What's the piss indicator?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm really sorry to know about all your suffering. My uncle passed away from liver cirrhosis and internal bleeding due to drinking alcohol. Although it's a massive sin and a big taboo around here, he probably got to it when he used to live in Europe (16 years around Hungary, Poland, UK, France, etc and spoken 9 languages). He married to my Polish aunts (first one divorced, the second one is around in my country and we're always in touch).

Anyway, I hope you speedy recovery and best luck to you.

Last edited:

M1chl

I'm really sorry to know about all your suffering. My uncle passed away from liver cirrhosis and internal bleeding from alcohol. Although it's a massive sin and a big taboo around here, he probably got to it when he used to live in Europe (Hungary, Poland, UK, France, etc and spoken 9 languages). He married to my Polish aunts (first one divorced, the second one is around in my country and we're always in touch).

Anyway, I hope you speedy recovery and best luck to you.
Yeah, figures. Slav culture is something, which is hard to jump from. Here is Alcohol pretty much common thing, you can buy it anywhere (including gas pumps....) and yeah. You jump on it and sadly, if you don't have hangovers, there is really not a point of stoping it. Well it is, but that's how you feel inside.

Slavs have very big inclination to Alcohol, since they were fucked over since...forever. Slavery the word comes from Slav, it formed when.... : D When there were muslim in europe, it 14-15 century, I think. No don't worry, I don't give a shit. But it's like it's ingrained in our beings.

Well sorry to hear about your uncle and just....if you have not try to drink it, don't. No amount of morals and religion, can save you from that.

I just like to drink some booze so much. But this thread reminds me every time that I need to be more conscious about it.
Like I wrote earlier, I don't drink a lot, but very regularly...

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yeah, figures. Slav culture is something, which is hard to jump from. Here is Alcohol pretty much common thing, you can buy it anywhere (including gas pumps....) and yeah. You jump on it and sadly, if you don't have hangovers, there is really not a point of stoping it. Well it is, but that's how you feel inside.

Slavs have very big inclination to Alcohol, since they were fucked over since...forever. Slavery the word comes from Slav, it formed when.... : D When there were muslim in europe, it 14-15 century, I think. No don't worry, I don't give a shit. But it's like it's ingrained in our beings.

Well sorry to hear about your uncle and just....if you have not try to drink it, don't. No amount of morals and religion, can save you from that.

Wow, man that information is very intriguing about the origin of the word slavery! I won't sniff it, don't worry, only tried smoking when I was as young as a 2rd grader and felt it was a dumb thing back in the day (sorry, smokers, it's dumb to smoke). You can't be 100% healthy, but at least you start by not smoking, drinking etc.

Also it harms your sexual ability, which is more important than life. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Conclusion:
Fuck the alcohol, it's horrible drug.

5574075c1e178ab79cbf5c87d7565805.gif

M1chl

Wow, man that information is very intriguing about the origin of the word slavery! I won't sniff it, don't worry, only tried smoking when I was as young as a 2rd grader and felt it was a dumb thing back in the day (sorry, smokers, it's dumb to smoke). You can't be 100% healthy, but at least you start by not smoking, drinking etc.

Also it harms your sexual ability, which is more important than life. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:
When it comes to this, to me, as an clinically outed hypersexual, it rather helped me.

And well about slavery, it's not fine as it sounds, but yeah it probably better fills you in the shoes of people and why we drink on average so badly. I think it's around 20l of beer per year for every citizen (including infants), so yeah...beer is not even seen as an alcohol in here, basically. And no I haven't ever drinked beer, everything is from 30%+ drinks.

Conclusion:
Fuck the alcohol, it's horrible drug.

5574075c1e178ab79cbf5c87d7565805.gif

*cough* American beer is hardly Alcohol, tho.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your story with us. It really gives us a good idea on how dangerous alcohol and prescription drugs can be.

I'm sorry you had to go through that because it must have been horrible for you and your family. I'm glad that you didn't die on the operating table during the transplant.

I work in a profession where alcohol abuse and mental illness are common. People on my profession commonly suffer from anxiety and PTSD. I didn't know anyone who had alcohol issues but I knew two people who attempted suicide in the past. Thankfully they are fine now but they had some pretty crazy stories as to how they got that far.

Anyways I hope everything works out for you and I know it's going to be a difficult recovery since transplants are never easy. Hopefully you get better both physically and mentally.

M1chl

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It really gives us a good idea on how dangerous alcohol and prescription drugs can be.

I'm sorry you had to go through that because it must have been horrible for you and your family. I'm glad that you didn't die on the operating table during the transplant.

I work in a profession where alcohol abuse and mental illness are common. People on my profession commonly suffer from anxiety and PTSD. I didn't know anyone who had alcohol issues but I knew two people who attempted suicide in the past. Thankfully they are fine now but they had some pretty crazy stories as to how they got that far.

Anyways I hope everything works out for you and I know it's going to be a difficult recovery since transplants are never easy. Hopefully you get better both physically and mentally.
Well from some angle, it was best thing that ever happened to me. From my selfish perspective, I don't suffer at all. And my brain don't even think about thinking that people around me suffer. My brain basically put me in "dying mode", which is so fine feeling, that I was pissed that they "resurrect" me, I know crazy, but when it comes to feelings and memory how it was before and now it's going to be same, just without the ability of drinking alcohol... It was tough to deal with it honestly...but anyway, I am more fine than ever : ) So I guess that's something.

Last edited:
Well from some angle, it was best thing that ever happened to me. From my selfish perspective, I don't suffer at all. And my brain don't even think about thinking that people around me suffer. My brain basically put me in "dying mode", which is so fine feeling, that I was pissed that they "resurrect" me, I know crazy, but when it comes to feelings and memory how it was before and now it's going to be same, just without the ability of drinking alcohol... It was tough to deal with it honestly...but anyway, I more i fine then ever : ) So I guess that's something.

I'm happy that you managed to find something positive in that experience. You really have an interesting perspective on these types of things.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
When it comes to this, to me, as an clinically outed hypersexual, it rather helped me.

And well about slavery, it's not fine as it sounds, but yeah it probably better fills you in the shoes of people and why we drink on average so badly. I think it's around 20l of beer per year for every citizen (including infants), so yeah...beer is not even seen as an alcohol in here, basically. And no I haven't ever drinked beer, everything is from 30%+ drinks.

Does it like help you fight the cold though?

M1chl

I'm happy that you managed to find something positive in that experience. You really have an interesting perspective on these types of things.
Yes, because I live to tell the story, not many fortunate as I am. I have received liver fastest in 10 years in that hospital. Was bumped to first place, I screw all of those who were waiting there for months and some of the doctors were visibly pissed, that they helping some drunk ass idiot. But I would not receive that, if those who are judge, jury, executioners would not find me as drinking by some proxy problems and not just for the pleasure. So yn hospitaleah, I cheated whole through, just being myself and cheated death many times, just that "straw" part of the story. You know, thing like that does not really happens normally...

Does it like help you fight the cold though?
Cold as illness or cold as cold temperature? There is hardly cold in here, now as I typing this, is disgusting 28C with pretty high humidity and feels worse then in hospital : D

And as for cold as a illness, during my drinking spree, I have 0 pussy ass diseases, you know I have been sanitizing myself with good ol' ethanol.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Cold as illness or cold as cold temperature? There is hardly cold in here, now as I typing this, is disgusting 28C with pretty high humidity and feels worse then in hospital : D

And as for cold as a illness, during my drinking spree, I have 0 pussy ass diseases, you know I have been sanitizing myself with good ol' ethanol.

I would rather use organic coconut oil when needed to ease the friction and protect from germs for intercourse.

I was referring to cold, freezing weather indeed, as 1gm of alchohol is 7 calories. :messenger_winking_tongue: Thought you might be farting flames like a high octane, backfiring dragster.

M1chl

I would rather use organic coconut oil when needed to ease the friction and protect from germs for intercourse.

I was referring to cold, freezing weather indeed, as 1gm of alchohol is 7 calories. :messenger_winking_tongue: Thought you might be farting flames like a high octane, backfiring dragster.
Last winter, it was at best -2C, no snow, no nothing, it was weird. I am not sure how we stack up as countries, you are from....shit, where are you from? : D I don't think we are that much on the north. Anyway, as in OP I wrote that I have 136Kg while 191cm in height, now I have around 86kg, so yeah, I was F-A-T-A-S-S, fuck makes me vomit. And there is no alcohol in your farts or shit, everything goes to bloodstream (that's why it's so effective, even touch on your tongue, you start to feel that mellow fucking feeling) and yes, Ethanol mostly came from sugar, so go figure. It was shitton of calories. That's why I drank high octane drinks and not wine or beer, you know less calories/drunkness.

M1chl

And hey even animals like to getting smashed, look at their happy faces. That's pretty much all you need to know. (They got drunk from fermented fruits)
reddit.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Last winter, it was at best -2C, no snow, no nothing, it was weird. I am not sure how we stack up as countries, you are from....shit, where are you from? : D I don't think we are that much on the north. Anyway, as in OP I wrote that I have 136Kg while 191cm in height, now I have around 86kg, so yeah, I was F-A-T-A-S-S, fuck makes me vomit. And there is no alcohol in your farts or shit, everything goes to bloodstream (that's why it's so effective, even touch on your tongue, you start to feel that mellow fucking feeling) and yes, Ethanol mostly came from sugar, so go figure. It was shitton of calories. That's why I drank high octane drinks and not wine or beer, you know less calories/drunkness.

You are a tall freak! Well, here around the desert you can get down to -1 or so, but in my city it's sub-tropical.

salalah-meteo-average-weather.png

And monsoon season has just started, and you barely see the sun for like 3-4 months with mostly drizzles that can be weeks non stop.

And about glad you lost some great amount of weight! You're doing great so far.

M1chl

You are a tall freak! Well, here around the desert you can get down to -1 or so, but in my city it's sub-tropical.

salalah-meteo-average-weather.png

And monsoon season has just started, and you barely see the sun for like 3-4 months with mostly drizzles that can be weeks non stop.

And about glad you lost some great amount of weight! You're doing great so far.
Boy, how are you living in such oven? Holy shit. But anyway, per graph, you have now lower temperature then we have in here. I can't tan myself, because that put me in the risk of skin cancer, so I am white as fuck and other white people make fun of me because of that. Hope you have enough melanin, to this weather not burn you to crisp. And I am sure those jet sounding PS4s have hard time in your place : D Shit, I remember back in June, 2013, it was horrible weather in here, like 34C and I was downloading Last of Us 1 and my PS3 Slim was like "fuck this" the whole time : D I guess, PS4 would fare even worse now, so great I have no desire to play TLoU2, cause I have really strong mental attachment to this.

And I was in Oman, on the airport ones, while flying to Philippines and even from inside, the sun was really brigh and almost scorching to my eyes : D
---
I also want to promote this thread, since it's probably first and last thread about my country, not created by me:

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Boy, how are you living in such oven? Holy shit. But anyway, per graph, you have now lower temperature then we have in here. I can tan myself, because that put me in the risk of skin cancer, so I am white as fuck and other white people make fun of me because of that. Hope you have enough melanin, to this weather not burn you to crisp. And I am sure those jet sounding PS4s have hard time in your place : D Shit, I remember back in June, 2013, it was horrible weather in here, like 34C and I was downloading Last of Us 1 and my PS3 Slim was like "fuck this" the whole time : D I guess, PS4 would fare even worse now, so great I have no desire to play TLoU2, cause I have really strong mental attachment to this.

And I was in Oman, on the airport ones, while flying to Philippines and even from inside, the sun was really brigh and almost scorching to my eyes : D

Man, that was Muscat. It can reach near 50C there, and sun around here in general is extremely bright, which is great for photography.

My region is considered like a heaven compared to neighboring areas, lol. And I'm brown as a turd, don't worry. I spent endless hours under the sun, even drag some Euro buddies with me that are kinda resilient against the sun :messenger_winking_tongue: Mostly zoologists, botanists and nature lovers.

All PS4's around here are very silent, at least most of them. Only saw one that was loud out of like 100. And we have AC's as well, not sure if you use those.:lollipop_tears_of_joy:

M1chl

Man, that was Muscat. It can reach near 50C there, and sun around here in general is extremely bright, which is great for photography.

My region is considered like a heaven compared to neighboring areas, lol. And I'm brown as a turd, don't worry. I spent endless hours under the sun, even drag some Euro buddies with me that are kinda resilient against the sun :messenger_winking_tongue: Mostly zoologists, botanists and nature lovers.

All PS4's around here are very silent, at least most of them. Only saw one that was loud out of like 100. And we have AC's as well, not sure if you use those.:lollipop_tears_of_joy:
Yeah we have those, but not in every room....but you know, when you have to go outside, it's not so funny. Especially now for me, I have put on myself some fucking vaseline, with sun factor of 100, so I would survive, it's tough, because I was pretty tanned (from your perspective less-white) before, sadly not now. Anyway, you have really interesting job, would have been nice to experience something like this...probably with umbrella with fan on it : D

And that 50C, last summer there were 45C in here, total fucking horror.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yeah we have those, but not in every room....but you know, when you have to go outside, it's not so funny. Especially now for me, I have put on myself some fucking vaseline, with sun factor of 100, so I would survive, it's tough, because I was pretty tanned (from your perspective less-white) before, sadly not now. Anyway, you have really interesting job, would have been nice to experience something like this...probably with umbrella with fan on it : D

And that 50C, last summer there were 45C in here, total fucking horror.

Now it's our best season, at around august and mid July, midday is around 25-26C, no sun, and sometimes drizzles/light rain. Drizzle are mostly daily during the season.

I experienced -27C in Virginia, US. I can only stand out for like 7-10min max, lol. After that, you can't even laugh or talk normally, your face is numb.

Sun away from the equator is actually more severe due to the lack of O zone thickness that tends to accumulate around the equator regions, my only minor skin burns I had in my whole life was in VA, standing under the sun in the afternoon in winter 15C for like 15min!

M1chl

Now it's our best season, at around august and mid July, midday is around 25-26C, no sun, and sometimes drizzles/light rain. Drizzle are mostly daily during the season.

I experienced -27C in Virginia, US. I can only stand out for like 7-10min max, lol. After that, you can't even laugh or talk normally, your face is numb.

Sun away from the equator is actually more severe due to the lack of O zone thickness that tends to accumulate around the equator regions, my only minor skin burns I had in my whole life was in VA, standing under the sun in the afternoon in winter 15C for like 15min!
Winter can be bitch, well probably not in your situation, but when you skying somewhere, than all the radiation bounce back from snowy exterior and it burn you maybe even faster on your skin, then in urban environment in summer.

I have not experienced anything below -20C and yes, that's too much cold for me. But 7-10? That's like an ideal temperature : )

And yes, I understand what you are saying with Ozone layer, but high heat, is terrible for me. I experienced more than 50C in Makarska, Croatia...and it was terrible. Worst holiday trip ever.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Winter can be bitch, well probably not in your situation, but when you skying somewhere, than all the radiation bounce back from snowy exterior and it burn you maybe even faster on your skin, then in urban environment in summer.

I have not experienced anything below -20C and yes, that's too much cold for me. But 7-10? That's like an ideal temperature : )

And yes, I understand what you are saying with Ozone layer, but high heat, is terrible for me. I experienced more than 50C in Makarska, Croatia...and it was terrible. Worst holiday trip ever.

It's strange, really. That's why northern parts of the world doesn't have tropical forests, as they are closer to the sun during summer and far away from it during winter (actually it's Winter now in Austalia).

Here it rarely passes above 31-32 max, but heat in other parts of the country can be ridiculously high. Funny thing that some parts actually get some snow.

889973.jpg

Omani Snowman with Omani turban, lol

EJUfL2pWkAADbq-.jpg

Here is a photo I made 9 years ago in my region, this is around 4km away from home during monsoon season

6052097369_53f04af243_b.jpg

10 years ago

4952257648_8ebef318f9_o.jpg

Been active on flickr back in the day.

Last edited:

M1chl

It's strange, really. That's why northern parts of the world doesn't have tropical forests, as they are closer to the sun during summer and far away from it during winter (actually it's Winter now in Austalia).

Here it rarely passes above 31-32 max, but heat in other parts of the country can be ridiculously high. Funny thing that some parts actually get some snow.

889973.jpg

Omanu Snowman with Omani turban, lol

EJUfL2pWkAADbq-.jpg

Here is a photo I made 9 years ago in my region, this is around 4km away from home during monsoon season

10 years ago

Sorry, will reply later, need a third shower today. Fucking heat is killing me.

bronk

Banned
Damn OP that was a crazy story! Glad to see you doing well now. I drink quite a bit with heavy binging about once every two or three weeks. I sort of cut it down but your story really makes me want to chill out on that. Quite scary really. Thank you for sharing.

M1chl

889973.jpg

Omani Snowman with Omani turban, lol

EJUfL2pWkAADbq-.jpg

10 years ago

Alright, so this looks really interesting, pretty cloudy, which is something which I liked. reminds me of the same date I was in Southern France and it looked really similar, as the last picture. This is kind of UK weather from my perspective : D Who is that man on the winter sleeve on snowman? And well you get more snow then we do nowadays : )

Damn OP that was a crazy story! Glad to see you doing well now. I drink quite a bit with heavy binging about once every two or three weeks. I sort of cut it down but your story really makes me want to chill out on that. Quite scary really. Thank you for sharing.
No problem, that was my thinking behind that to help others. So strong will to you : )

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Alright, so this looks really interesting, pretty cloudy, which is something which I liked. reminds me of the same date I was in Southern France and it looked really similar, as the last picture. This is kind of UK weather from my perspective : D Who is that man on the winter sleeve on snowman? And well you get more snow then we do nowadays : )

That's Sultan Qaboos, he just passed away in February. And snow is very rare but started to happen more occasionally in the last decade. My region is warm around winter.

M1chl

That's Sultan Qaboos, he just passed away in February. And snow is very rare but started to happen more occasionally in the last decade. My region is warm around winter.
Well for warm regions and snow, I remember being on Tenerife and we could not go to the mountain, because somehow, there was snowing there, while in other parts of the island it was 25C, interesting. And what like do you do as a profession? You are some wildlife photograph or something like that?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Well for warm regions and snow, I remember being on Tenerife and we could not go to the mountain, because somehow, there was snowing there, while in other parts of the island it was 25C, interesting. And what like do you do as a profession? You are some wildlife photograph or something like that?

My main profession is an Arabic teacher, but been producing short documentaries for Oman TV since 2012. More like a freelance naturalist.

Well, this might give you an idea, I guess, from last year. Press on the CC for English subtitles.

Last edited:

M1chl

My main profession is an Arabic teacher, but been producing short documentaries for Oman TV since 2012. More like a freelance naturalist.

Well, this might give you an idea, I guess, from last year. Press on the CC for English subtitles.

Damn, that's some great work : ) Well, keep doing what you are doing, seems like it suits you. Also I am pleasured to hear some EDM, where I thought that only Nasheeds are the shit. Alright slightly joking.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Damn, that's some great work : ) Well, keep doing what you are doing, seems like it suits you. Also I am pleasured to hear some EDM, where I thought that only Nasheeds are the shit. Alright slightly joking.

LOL! My region traditionally has many folklore music, actually. I love music! Here is some folkloric version of the Ghana's famous casket music:

img

Last edited:

M1chl

LOL! My region traditionally has many folklore music, actually. I love music! Here is some folkloric version of the Ghana's famous casket music:

Whatever, I like music to tried to do something and again failed, so yeah. I check this message out now.

Last edited:

M1chl

I just like to drink some booze so much. But this thread reminds me every time that I need to be more conscious about it.
Like I wrote earlier, I don't drink a lot, but very regularly...
Umm, I just wanted to ask, how is your drinking going? I hope I can manage this thread by myself, even with the bumps, it's for a good cause.

Top Bottom