• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Games - Stunning Visuals

200w.gif
Apparently you're stunned by call of duty but its current visual splendor is certainly lost on me...

Not saying it looks bad, but it's not raising any bars and really hasn't since the 7th gen (in terms of 60fps shooters).

bender

What time is it?
Apparently you're stunned by call of duty but its current visual splendor is certainly lost on me...

Not saying it looks bad, but it's not raising any bars and really hasn't since the 7th gen (in terms of 60fps shooters).

I'm sure there are a lot of things lost on you.

tenor.gif

CamHostage

Youtube doesn't do 120fps and afaik sony upload all their stuff to youtube then embed it, So can't really bitch about that.

No, not 120FPS, but Sony does post some content at 60fps (4k60), although they can be weird about it (usually the PlayStation trailers are high-framerate 4K but then the shows like State of Play are 1080p events, sometimes 60, even though they're pre-processed livestreams and the sources are sometimes 4K.)

And I think I can "bitch" about a 30fps commercial when it's never going to air on TV and the whole point outlined in the title is, "PS5 Games - Stunning Visuals". There's just no reason to cut together a commercial about graphics and then skimp on graphics.

Fredrik

After witnessing Forza Horizon 5's spectacular recreation of Mexico in the trailers and gameplay demos, GT7 just doesn't seem all that impressive to me anymore.
Yeah same here, I guess GT7 have the edge on RT though.

But I don’t understand why they didn’t just show Ratchet & Clank. It stomps on everything else on console visually.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Youtube doesn't do 120fps and afaik sony upload all their stuff to youtube then embed it, So can't really bitch about that.

Demons Souls looks fantastic in trailers etc on YouTube lol. You don't need it to sink in.

This ratchet is amazing narrative kinda annoys me, as much as I detested the game TLOU2 & Doom Eternal looks better (but that's personal preference) and the instant loading jumping between relms isn't an advantage of the SSD, Titanfall 2 did it too and better tbh.
You should understand how it works.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
After witnessing Forza Horizon 5's spectacular recreation of Mexico in the trailers and gameplay demos, GT7 just doesn't seem all that impressive to me anymore.

I guess GT is focusing on realistic car rendering above all else as usual, and the cars will look amazing I'm sure. But yes, I agree that overall FH5 looks more impressive. GT has never had really good looking environments.

Last edited:

pasterpl

So you think many of the major titles coming to Game Pass won't be available on Xbox One? Lmao. You can bet your ass each and every single game already announced and then some are going to be on Xbox One. It's not like they will cut off half or more of their subscribers, you must be high to think that.
I think what we see with fligh sim will become more common, xcloud on xbone streaming xbsx games, this is brilliant move from ms, they can ‘force’ last gen console owners into game pass by telling them you don’t have to buy new Xbox to play next gen games, you can stream these on your existing Xbox. For ms it is a win win, they don’t have to sell next gen hardware at loss and they gain new game pass subscribers

LMJ

Man I miss the crying baby angry Ebonics spewing squirrel craziness of old Sony ads lol

MS still wins best ad though (even if the pussies didn't actually run it)

TonyK

Choose between Performance mode resolution blurriness or Quality mode framerate blurriness. Blurriness, the generation. Again.
I hope for Playstation 6 we will achieve perfect IQ at last (native 4K + 60fps is the starting point).

Top Bottom