• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M - Official GDC Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Introduction​

NCSOFT’s Project M is a revolutionary new concept that aims to transform the way we perceive the world. Instead of physical particles, the world of Project M is comprised of informational particles, which can be manipulated to alter the fabric of reality. This idea has sparked a lot of excitement and curiosity among people, and in this article, we will explore what Project M is all about.

Understanding the Concept​

In the world of Project M, the informational particles that make up reality can be transformed based on the choices you make. Each decision you take will impact your experience and alter the course of events. This means that every encounter and moment in the world of Project M is valuable and essential.

The Implications of Project M​

If Project M were to become a reality, it could have far-reaching implications. Here are a few potential ways in which this concept could impact our lives:

• New forms of entertainment: Imagine being able to experience different worlds and scenarios based on your choices. Project M could open up a whole new world of entertainment possibilities, from games to interactive movies.
  • Advanced simulations: Project M’s world could also be used for simulations that allow people to experience different scenarios in a controlled environment. This could have applications in fields like training, education, and research.
  • Personalized experiences: As Project M’s world is tailored to the choices of each individual, it could offer truly personalized experiences. This could extend to areas like virtual shopping, where people could customize their shopping experiences to their preferences.

Conclusion​

Project M is an exciting new concept that has the potential to transform the way we experience the world. By exploring the possibilities of informational particles, NCSOFT is opening up a whole new world of entertainment and simulation. While we may not know what the future holds for Project M, it’s clear that this is an idea worth exploring.

CamHostage

Is the narrator's voice AI generated?

Heh, did you guess that from the peculiar performance, or did you find it from reading?

Because crazily enough, it seems that's just what they did...

This digital human was developed utilizing NCSOFT’s own AI technology combined with its advanced art and graphics technological capabilities. The digital human’s speech voice in the trailer was generated from the company’s AI text-to-speech (TTS) synthesis technology. It is used to translate text information into natural human speech reflecting a certain person’s voice, speech accent, and emotions.

The digital human facial expression and lip-sync were generated with the help of the company’s voice-to-face technology. It is an AI-based facial animation technology that automatically produces facial animation, matching the given text or voice.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
*turns on project m*

*big smile, eager for my adventure to unfold*

*slap bass solo*

"So what's the deal with transgendered people, anyway?"

*I'm now on a list on Twitter*

Thanks a lot, technology!

ZehDon

Heh, did you guess that from the peculiar performance, or did you find it from reading?

Because crazily enough, it seems that's just what they did...
Ha, I guessed correctly it seems! It was the performance; namely, the end of some of the sentences. There's a robotic intonation, something I got used to hearing when using old-school text-to-speech lines as placeholders in various projects.

I must say, if the idea is to replace voice actors with this kind of thing: I'm not a fan.

CamHostage

I must say, if the idea is to replace voice actors with this kind of thing: I'm not a fan.

Well, their proposed concept for this is some kind of infinitely-expandable story (and also a game so big that it'll release across the globe in native languages, I assume,) with a narrative that reacts to your play sessions and changes with your choices plus evolves as the game gets bigger (maybe episodic? maybe AI-created storytelling chunks?) So at some kind of scale that they're proposing, text-to-speech makes sense to try.

...However, they have not perfected it, obviously.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Graphics look good. But getting a vibe from this trailer the game will be 50% cut scenes. The AI voice dialogue is terrible. If it's this bad, hire some voice actors.

skit_data

The discription makes it very hard to tell wether this is just a Quantic Dream type of experience with Peter Molyneux level of overpromising or something actually groundbreaking

Aaron Olive

Project m

It's the first Avengers movie mixed with sprinkles of Metal Gear Solid V and Detroit Become Human a Quantic Dream game.
i5vAPzV.jpg
AQc1NjY.jpg
SPQh14k.jpg
NRW5NLA.jpg
QXq5uHd.png
75OBEuP.jpg
9AjZwr0.jpg
GbZMU42.jpg
smqMgDe.jpg
cHwegvD.jpg

mdkirby

Ha, I guessed correctly it seems! It was the performance; namely, the end of some of the sentences. There's a robotic intonation, something I got used to hearing when using old-school text-to-speech lines as placeholders in various projects.

Theirs just isn’t very good. Check out something like elvenlabs (which does have an api devs could implement). It’s incredible and non robotic sounding. A journalist recently used it to clone his own voice to hack into his own bank account that had been secured with voice fingerprinting.

mdkirby

Personally I think it looks great. Whether it actually ends up anything like it’s shown to be when it releases is another matter. This sort of game definitely isn’t for everyone, but I like them.

Spaceman292

Banned
Another game that will never see the light of day. Im starting to think the gaming community in china/korea is just a huge scam. Other than those sexy mmos or whatever the fck, most of these big projects almost never release.
It's weird to think of all these people doing work that never actually produces anything. One big circle of uselessness.

Top Bottom