• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Awakening demo Project Awakening: Arise rated in Europe

sublimit

Banned
Project-Awakening-Arise-PEGI_001.jpg

"Get a taste of the combat and action."

The Pan European Game Information board has rated Project Awakening: Arise for PlayStation 4, which the description labels as a “trial version” of Cygames-developed action RPG Project Awakening.

Here is the full visible extent of the description provided by PEGI:

"This trial version will allow players to get a taste of the combat and action available from Project Awakening, an action role-playing game featuring photorealistic graphics. In Project Awakening: Arise,… "
Project-Awakening-Arise-PEGI_002.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Very surprised to see this. Maybe it will be at TGS with a demo date followed by the NA and Europe dates. Was truly expecting this to be a next gen title.

Mista

Banned
First time reading about this project awakening. How games does cygames have coming up?

That screenshot in OP looks fantastic!

sublimit

Banned
First time reading about this project awakening. How games does cygames have coming up?

That screenshot in OP looks fantastic!
Wow really? Check out this thread:

Currently they are working on Project Awakening,Granblue Fantasy Relink and Granblue Fantasy Versus.

Mista

Banned

Currently they are working on Project Awakening,Granblue Fantasy Relink and Granblue Fantasy Versus.
Damn this is good

I still have Relink is a priority from them, everything else comes later.

Tbone3336

Gold Member
So this demo was released yesterday? Or was the release date only for the news? I do not see it on PS4. Looks very cool.

sublimit

Banned
I think one of the major problems Cygames has to face as a new player in the console market is to become competitive in the West not only in terms of their games development budgets but also in terms of marketing. They are one of the wealthiest Japanese companies but i hope they realize they need to invest strongly in marketing otherwise their development efforts will go to waste. Even more so since they are willing to risk and try new things in AAA games like Project Awakening,in a AAA Western market that thrives with the same,safe and risk-free gameplay tropes for more than a decade now.

Edit:I'm only saying this because they have made some pretty ambitious statements recently about being very serious in becoming a major "player" in the international console games market.

Last edited:

Belmonte

Never played anything from Cygames but there is too much good taste in art and gameplay to not be hyped for this game.

Dudes, upload some videos on You Tube for us, PS4 depriveds!

sublimit

Banned
By the way this is the first teaser trailer for Project Awakening from back in 2016. It seems back then they aimed for a more "anime" aesthetic which is very different from the more photo-realistic art style the project currently has.

I think that looked very interesting too. I liked the setting with the huge structures and massive flying beasts floating around them.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
goddamn please come to PC so I can play you with kb/m
I'm playing this regardless, what a hype game

Last edited:

Belmonte

By the way this is the first teaser trailer for Project Awakening from back in 2016. It seems back then they aimed for a more "anime" aesthetic which is very different from the more photo-realistic art style the project currently has.

I think that looked very interesting too. I liked the setting with the huge structures and massive flying beasts floating around them.

Interesting but I'm glad they switch to a more western art.

When japanese devs do anime, it is great, but when they try to make western visuals, they usually hit the ball out of the park. Dark Souls, and Dragons Dogma doesn't let me lie.

Don't know why is that but seems to me that realism limits how much they can go, but at the same time, because anime influence, they try to push what they can, breeding new aproachs to design. The armors gets stylish and pratical at the same time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Isn’t this the game where somethought was a early tease for next-gen consoles when they saw the graphics at the reveal??

sublimit

Banned
Isn’t this the game where somethought was a early tease for next-gen consoles when they saw the graphics at the reveal??
I don't know,as far as i know this was always meant to be a PS4 game. But i think it's very possible it will be a crossgen title.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Neither Relink or their fighter has a release date wtf go back and work on that Cygames!

Nickolaidas

For some context, this footage was for a showcase of their engine, apparently ...

New Project Awakening footage showcased at Cygames Tech Conference - Gematsu

Cygames debuted new footage of its September 2018-announced action RPG Project Awakening during a Cygames Tech Conference session on procedural background creation tools and rendering features for open worlds in its Cyllista Game Engine.

While official news on the game has been silent since its initial announcement, it has been mentioned here and there in tech-related discussions. For example, during a CEDEC 2020 presentation on September 2, 2020, Cygames mentioned, “At Cygames, we are currently recruiting staff to work with us on developing the Cyllista Game Engine, as well as to create Project Awakening, the first game built on the Cyllista Game Engine.” And during a Famitsu interview in May 2021, Project Awakening director Junji Tago said the game and engine are being developed in tandem and mutually influence each other.

Project Awakening was announced for PlayStation 4.

But have no fear, non-PS users, for this game is apparently multi-platform.

FL: What platforms will it be available on? Next generation?
CG Takaki: As new as possible and as broad as possible. That’s not really our goal, but if it happens, a new generation comes out and [our game] is still in development then yes.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Interesting but I'm glad they switch to a more western art.

When japanese devs do anime, it is great, but when they try to make western visuals, they usually hit the ball out of the park. Dark Souls, and Dragons Dogma doesn't let me lie.

Don't know why is that but seems to me that realism limits how much they can go, but at the same time, because anime influence, they try to push what they can, breeding new aproachs to design. The armors gets stylish and pratical at the same time.

I agree that Japanese takes on the western aesthetics are usually more interesting than actual western devs doing it.

But I'd rather let them go to their full potential without being held back. Especially when it comes to character design, Beard dude mc armourson aint interesting .

Top Bottom