• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prodeus a retro fps so good you should have it with pizza

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I was celebrating a little of the ol 420 tonight so's after eating several slices of pizza decide to download a game. Chomped down few more slices of pizza while I was waiting for it to download and it happened,

I started playing Prodeus.

My friends if you love retro style fps then nothing you know will ever be the same.

8721e4d632770636f0f8bceee94989e763621caf.gifv

9ddd6f2e0522fff94b3049b198b02fc4e608b8f5.gifv

give_me_paw_spaceballs.gif

calistan

It's good but I got bored of the blue alien levels. The earlier parts are so much better.

Also, some of the weapons don't actually appear in the campaign. There's all this cool looking stuff in the weapon shop but the game ends before you can unlock it, it's only for custom games. That's an unbelievably stupid design decision.

Apocryphon

I like it a lot but it isn’t as well rounded as stuff like Dusk, Amid Evil, or Ion Fury. It’s closer to the original Doom than those games, so I appreciate it for that. Cultic arrived not long after Prodeus and while it’s still incomplete, I think it’s a more enjoyable game.

Prodeus is a great looking game though and a great testament to how flexible Unity is, despite the engines other issues.

I look forward to seeing what Bounding Box does next.

Griffon

It's an alright game, but it's nowhere near as good as its inspirations (those being Doom 016 and classic Doom).

The enemies are way too spongy, and the maps have some good ideas but for the most part it doesn't translate into fun gameplay.

Top Bottom