• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake delayed to March 18, 2021

Astorian

Here is the message from the development team on the delay (Google-translated):

Greetings, Prince of Persia fans!
During our Ubisoft Forward digital conference, we proudly announced Prince’s return from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake.
We are excited to be able to put this game in your hands again as we retell the story of Prince and Farah in the amazing 11th century Persia. However, 2020 was a year like no other. Today we would like to inform you that we need more time to complete the game. With that, the release date of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake has been moved to March 18, 2021. We believe this is the right decision to ensure we deliver a game you enjoy.
Thank you for your patience and continued support of the Prince of Persia, and we hope you remain safe and healthy during this holiday season.
—The Development Team

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-remake-delayed-to-march-18-2021

Previous date was January 21, honestly this game didn’t look good and I don’t see these extra 2 months doing much.

OneBigPuss

Better 2 months than nothing.Maybe after 2 months they will delay if further and i don't think people will be angry about it after what they showed.

Hopefully they can fix those hideous graphics .

😅
dmhd5mn.jpg

Kuranghi

I don't think it hideous, its just kinda weird the rendering style they've gone for. Everything/everyone looks a bit dirty.

sobaka770

Banned
I hope the delay is put to good use. The game looked quite unfinished and I'm not just talking art style, the whole thing just lacked polish at every corner.

Looking forwards to playing this in March..

They need to write the whole thing off and start over with a different Studio.

There's no way in hell that mess could be fixed with an extra couple of years, let alone months.

Kikorin

Insane how small budget Ubisoft probably decided to put on this remake. PoP Sand of Time Remake did right would have been a hit I guess, this seems an announced flop.

Royal-Slime

Banned
A lot of people are nostalgic about the original trilogy but I suggest everyone to try playing it now :D They aged poorly. Not as bad as some other old games (GameCube titles are surprisingly resistant to aging) but still... not very enjoyable. The controller doesn't work properly on PC. The games themselves aren't that good except gameplay and setting. The dialogue and voice-acting in Warrior Within is just yikes.. Prince talks to himself and acts like an "edgy boy" in the third one.
Overall I think the only good PoP is Sands of Time so I'm very glad they're remaking it. The game needed a new life and it doesn't matter if graphics aren't good. They're certainly better than original. :D

Are the games backwards compatible on Xbox? I'm thinking about getting the PoP HD Collection. Wonder if it has good framerate and works on Series S.

//DEVIL//

I Dont think anyone was waiting for this. We didn't know even when its gonna be released lol.

the reveal trailer just killed it beyond hope for me.

way to kill a game before its out. ps2 graphics shit.

I just hope that the GAMEPLAY is at least a gold star in the pile of shit. At very least then people can remember it as "a remake with no budget, but at least the controls were smooth and it was fun to play."

For reference, I'm a huge PoP fan. I've even beaten Forgotten Sands 5-6 times since it's come out. Love that game.

harmny

Banned
I feel sad for Ubisoft India. They just don't have the experience and the talent to meet today's standards. People will compare this to bluepoint remakes and it will get destroyed online.

They are a new studio and they are stoked to make a game that takes place in their country but there is nothing they can do. This will be a Trainwreck.

Top Bottom