• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PRAGMATA New Trailer Revealed. Game postponed indefinitely | Capcom Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

Watch the trailer for Pragmata, shown during Capcom Showcase in June 2023.

• Release Date: TBD
  • Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC
  • Genre: Action-adventure

FydHSPFakAEW3qy

FydHLVragAAdKch

Last edited:

petricore

Neo Member
I hope is not in a development hell, seems very cool, and i really hope to play it soon... Let's hope is not shit... At least it's not like deep down... Because it actually exist

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Postponed indefinitely usually means canceled, but that's not the case here. The games is postponed and doesn't have a release date.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

Watch the trailer for Pragmata, shown during Capcom Showcase in June 2023.

• Release Date: TBD
  • Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC
  • Genre: Action-adventure

FydHSPFakAEW3qy

FydHLVragAAdKch

How is her hair so stiff in the beginning of the trailer while she's bowing her head? No gravity? I don't get it

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This look interesting definitely keep my eyes on it, but Capcom should be ASHAMED to themselves for making little girl tell their bad news.
giphy.gif

hinch7

And here I though it was quietly cancelled. Still very interested in this.

Capcom have been hitting it out of the park with their recent stuff and with this trailer; it does look promising. Hopfully we won't have to wait too long for this.

Last edited:
Pretty crazy they can't even commit to 2024.
Not really. Sometimes it's not about commitment. Capcom are not Ubisoft or EA where they have shareholders breathing down their necks with release dates for their $$$.

It's better to not give a promise that you might not keep. Instead, focus on the task at hand and finish the game as needed and ship when it's ready.

Game development is not easy. It's also a new IP, I want this to be as good as possible.

Last edited:

Elios83

It looks really good in the new gameplay snippets they have showcased.
It would be a shame if they can't get the project together and it ends up being the new Deep Down.
But it doesn't seem like that, they probably realized they announced it too soon and it's pointless to commit to a specific date or year if they're not sure.

Tsaki

Looks cool. With Capcom's game releases the past few years, I can trust that they'll make something good. The hair on the girl look much improved too!

Capcom is just pumping fire and a ton of content lately, reminds me of the 360 era when a lot of these big developers were releasing multiple games during the generation instead of 1 or 2 every 5-10 years
I'd argue that Capcom since the PS4 and X1 generation have been the best developer and publisher for the most part. The 360 era of Capcom wasn't too hot imo, RE 5 and 6 weren't very good.

Square also sucked in the 360 era, FFXV skipped the entire generation and KH3 was pushed to near end of the PS4 era and also was the worst in the franchise. But I feel like both have came back with a huge force. Although, I'd say Capcom is doing a tab better.

PRAGMATA - Apology Trailer

But seriously though, looks cool. Just don't really know what it is.
At the end it says the genre is Action Adventure. Based of gameplay snippets it looks like you have some sort of a Sci Fi blade and you are an astronaut. The girl seems to be be either a human with cybernetics or a Droid maybe with AI for a brain?

Regardless, this is a 3rd person action game Capcom style and a new IP and I think it looks like it could be very fun and concept is interesting.

A game we haven't heard from in forever, gets a postponed indefinitely announcement and a brand new trailer at the same time?

Fbh

Hope it's not cancelled but at this point I won't hold my breath.
Deep Down went through something similar. A lot of silence, then it resurfaced and was even playable at some events, then it just went silent forever.

Top Bottom