• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential move to Key West Florida

Woggleman

Friends of ours who visited there last summer can't stop talking about how great it is and being that both of us of are looking to get out of New Jersey and can both work remotely we are starting to consider it. We both live at the Jersey Shore area and wherever we move we want it to be next to the ocean and some beaches because we have gotten accustomed to it. We won't make any decision before we visit but is something we are considering.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Do it, you’re still young, worst comes to worst it’s a mistake and you recover from it. Best case, it’s a life changing move that brings you tons of happiness. The risk is worth it.

I wouldn't move there unless you enjoy hurricanes.

This is a MUCH bigger concern when you're in the keys. Evacuations off the islands are a nightmare too. There are plenty of beach towns in Florida that are cheaper and safer.

Key West is the definition of "a great place to visit, but you wouldn't wanna live there."

chromhound

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Key West is absurdly expensive to actually live in. If you really fall in absolute love with the place there's a 4 hour speed-ferry called the Key West Express that runs daily from Ft Myers to Key West for about $150 per ticket.

You could take that ferry to Key West every single weekend, and still wildly come out on top with the cost of living difference between the two cities. Ft Myers is no slouch of a town either, there's going to be a lot of economic boom as it rebuilds from Hurricane Ian.

Woggleman

People make fun of Florida but there must be a reason why I have known a number of people in the last decade who packed up and moved there. Then again I live in Jersey which is even more the butt of jokes.

Vestal

Gold Member
Really depends on the type of life style you are looking for.

Personally would recommend my area of Clearwater/Tampa. I have lived here for the past 11 years, and it has been a great experience. If you are a sports nut, you got the Bucs, Rays, Lightning along with various Spring training camps sprinkled throughout the area. Busch Gardens right there, and just 1.5hrs from Universal & Disney.

Top Bottom