• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
iTunes numbers and chart climbing is faked by the Illuminati to give the false impression of momentum and hype in order to encourage sales and industry dominance.

Styles

Damn, Rih is slaying. 30 on iTunes already??

Get that money, bisch

ib1soTovwmaLth.gif

Your posts always seem so shady.

devyn-deloeras-blind-audition-aint-no-other-man-the-voice_504fc1979606ee5e27ab28bd.gif

Diamonds has the perfect blend of Sia's delivery (obviously influenced by her in more ways than one here, lol) and an irresistible Gaga hook. I don't know if the song will still have this positive an impact after I hear it a billion times on radio but first impressions are always interesting, and I'm very impressed by it.

Alright, RiRi. You and I are cool now. #Navy

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bless stans, rebranding disappointing as surprising to avoid claiming their fave produced something just a bit rubbish.

Mau ®

Rolling Stone has reviewed Your Body

You can measure a singer's place in the pop-star pecking order by the quality of the Max Martin/Shellback song she releases. For Xtina, the news ain't good. "Your Body" is a sluggish and nearly hookless hookup anthem, apparently dredged from that part of the Stockholm harbor where the Swedish hitmakers toss their D-list material. 2/5

bit harsh...

Majmun

The Illuminati will kidnap you if you keep speaking such blasphemy.

I've reported EatChildren...multiple times. His Beyonce and Rihanna shade hasn't gone unnoticed by me. But the Illuminati just can't get to him. They did get to Phonomezer and Marius. Both vanished from this thread. But EatChildren??? Investigation still pending.

royalan

[edit] Does anyone think the Demo of What The Water Gave Me is more exciting than the final album version? It's like they took out some of the more interesting sounds and replaced it all with Rabbit Heart-esque strings. I wonder if the push for that kind of sound came from above.

I don't think the demo is better than the final album version (I love the progression of the final version and how it ERUPTS in the final chorus like a fine penis). But I DO love the demo version as a different take on the song. It's very chill and singalong-y and reminds me of some of the low-key tracks from Lungs.

Christina does not look good at all. She really has a bit of Miss Piggy going on in the face, and the caked on make-up isn't doing anything worthwhile either. Plus, the style she's having now is too trashy imo. For all the shit she has gotten for the Bionic Era, the dominatrix+droid look with the tight pulled-back blonde hair and leather/metal clothing looked way better.

And from what I've seen of the video, I don't like it either. I'm not a fan of videos that have little going on, but for the singer doing some slight "sexy" hand/head movements and over-articulating the lyrics to the extreeeeme. Something Britney loves to do as well. Don't make me link to that video with all her ridiculous tongue movements...

What kind of hatred of the queen? ;___;

I'm actually...more excited for this video than I have been for any other Christina video. I think she looks gorgeous (yes, and also trashy, but pretty too. I love the scenes with her in the car, her eyes are so pretty *.*)

It also seems like it's going to be the most plot-driven video she's ever done. So give it a chance sis. ;____;

AS FOR DIAMONDS:

No tea no shade because I am here for a new Rihanna era (since I heard she's giving us more Caribbean flavor), but this song just proved that Sia is not for everybody.

Sia writes songs for singers, and Rihanna is an entertainer. Her voice was just NOT powerful or emotive enough to bring those verses to life; and the overly affected way she's deepening her voice and trying to mimic Sia's vocal mannerisms to compensate for that makes the verses nigh unlistenable to me and, worse, is an artistic knock for Rihanna. Rihanna, even though she's not the best or even an exceptional singer (most of the time), nevertheless has a natural ability to make songs her own with her unique style of vocals. I may not always like her vocals, but I always love the unique swag she brings to her music. However, she trades in that advantage here in an attempt to be a balladeer. It made me realize that, of ALL the songs Christina recorded with Sia, not once did she try to mimic her singing style.

In comparison to Christina's songs with Sia on Bionic and Sia's work with other artits, this just comes off as incredibly lazy. Instead of listening to the demo and working with Sia to create her own version, I really can't shake the feeling that Rihanna literally walked into the studio - drunk, high and impatient - listened to the demo and just sang over it.

C-

royalan

Rolling Stone has reviewed Your Body

bit harsh...

I'm sorry, and I know not everybody is going to like the song, but in 2012 and at this point in their careers any reference to tired early-career rivalries is the first sign for me to not take a review seriously.

Nemesis_

While we're talking about disappointments.

Dr Luke’s been chatting away about the new Ke$ha album, ‘Warrior’, and specifically the people she has and hasn’t worked with on it.

“I’m going to tell you right now: There’s no Rihanna,” he confirmed to MTV. “I don’t know where that came from. I’ve seen it all over the place, but there’s definitely not a Rihanna song on it.”

Oh well. Still, we’re sure there’s bound to be an amazing roster of pop talent involved, right?

“Iggy Pop is on the record, Patrick [Carney] from the Black Keys is on it, another sick drummer we have is Fabrizio Moretti from the Strokes on it and [frontman] Julian Casablancas plays on some stuff and Wayne Coyne from the Flaming Lips did a song.”

Oh dear.

He went on to say that the album is “uptempo” and “raw” and doesn’t have “a whole lot of production” on it.

“She’s singing songs with no doubles on it from the beginning to the end of the song, which you never hear in music anymore. She has a stellar voice, and it’s funny that a lot of people haven’t realized that, but they will now, for sure,” he concluded.

‘Warrior’ is out on December 4 but isn’t finished yet apparently.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Queen Ri-Ri is back to snag all yo' heifer's wigs that you worship

#GraveSMASH!

zt0vXl.jpg

Been away for awhile, missed all of you, even you Kyon & Marius_<3

Huh, that info about Kesha's album is interesting. In general I dislike rock music so at face value this info is disappointing, but I'll wait to hear how it turns out...

Well it is an amazing song.
I'm not doubting your genuine like for the song. But when you have, say, 8 big Rihanna fans on this forum, you'd think perhaps one of them finds the song something other than "slaying".

I like a lot of Rihanna songs, but Diamonds isn't doing much for me. So I was wondering if other people agree with that.

Kyon

Banned
Woke up just now and rushed to the iTunes Store. Can't wait to listen

EDIT: *Finishes song* BJDNSNDJDBDLNDOANSHSSJSBDIDBDIDNSOBDISNDLSNHSHAKDJUSBAOJDIDHSODISBELDBDUDNAODHEBDISNDBUCJSNCONFVUJYGBFJDNDINSLDBIDNSINSLCJDNDJSNDIDNFODNKNSHHNSODBDJBDIDNKDKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom