• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus sales top 6.5 million

Draugoth

Gold Member
Pokemon-Legends-Arceus_02-03-22-1024x576.jpg

Total sales for Pokemon Legends: Arceus have surpassed 6.5 million units worldwide, Nintendo announced.

At least 1,424,657 of those sales were retail copies sold in Japan, according to the latest Famitsu numbers.

YukiOnna

Pretty insane:
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Pokemon Shining Pearl – 13.97 million
New Pokemon Snap – 2.36 million
Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 6.5 million
22.8M within April - Jan

Squarehard

Damn this new Pokemon seems like it will do well.
The only competitor/clone game I've enjoyed other than Pokemon lately is just Nexomon Extinction, but that's about it outside of it with other bigger IPs included. Yokai is pretty fun at times though, but they release a ton of them like Pokemon, but only half the quality each time.

YukiOnna

The only competitor/clone game I've enjoyed other than Pokemon lately is just Nexomon Extinction, but that's about it outside of it with other bigger IPs included. Yokai is pretty fun at times though, but they release a ton of them like Pokemon, but only half the quality each time.
Yokai as in Yokai Watch? so many releases came in fast after it caught on that it hit me with fatigue easily, which is a shame and the franchise started to tank despite being a serious competitor early on. You just gave me a new game to grab though with Nexomon. Artstyle is clean.

Squarehard

Yokai as in Yokai Watch? so many releases came in fast after it caught on that it hit me with fatigue easily, which is a shame and the franchise started to tank despite being a serious competitor early on. You just gave me a new game to grab though with Nexomon. Artstyle is clean.
Yeah, Yokai Watch is a ambitious game, but after their initial success with the first game, they just kind of ran wild and every version after weren't nearly as good. I really had a good time on the 3DS, but ever since then it's been pretty much a slog.

As far as Nexomon Extinction goes, that is a great title. There's Nexomon, and then the Nexomon Extinction, which is a different game, and has a physical. It's a more well polished version of Nexomon, though slightly different. But as you have already noticed, the artstyle is great, and it's more of a game that is quite self-aware, so it'll poke fun of itself in the game, the characters, etc. The battle system is also similar to Pokemon of course, but a lot of the fun I had with the game from the start it just the catching and leveling up. My advice for you if you do get Nexomon Extinction, after you finish the initial story, and get to the main crossroads in front of your orphanage, just keep going left of the map and then go all the way up until you can travel to another island, and spend some time farming there at the beginning. Just that part was a ton of fun, but also a good time for grinding.

In any case, have fun if you're able to track the game down! :D

vj27

Banned
I literally haven’t bought a Pokémon game since Pokémon snap on the GameCube. That was the last one, I played diamond a little because my friend let me borrow it. Didn’t really like it anymore, haven’t touched Pokémon (well I could count GO! But who hasn’t played that) since.

I bought this day 4 because, like I said I haven’t touched a Pokémon game In a decade. I’m legit addicted to this, it’s pulled me away from halo and I’ve been playing MCC for years before infinite so that should tell you where my halo bias is at, but damn, this game is insanely fun. It’s like a less stressful monster hunter.

This is my new peace of mind game like no mans sky, freaking love it and THIS ONE actually deserves the sales it’s getting lol an I’m a firm believer it’s doing so because it’s the Pokémon game everyone on the planet wanted since we were 6.

I literally haven’t bought a Pokémon game since Pokémon snap on the GameCube. That was the last one, I played diamond a little because my friend let me borrow it. Didn’t really like it anymore, haven’t touched Pokémon (well I could count GO! But who hasn’t played that) since.

I bought this day 4 because, like I said I haven’t touched a Pokémon game In a decade. I’m legit addicted to this, it’s pulled me away from halo and I’ve been playing MCC for years before infinite so that should tell you where my halo bias is at, but damn, this game is insanely fun. It’s like a less stressful monster hunter.

This is my new peace of mind game like no mans sky, freaking love it and THIS ONE actually deserves the sales it’s getting lol an I’m a firm believer it’s doing so because it’s the Pokémon game everyone on the planet wanted since we were 6.
Might actually pick this up if I didn’t just grab rune factory 4

Bragr

Banned
They can't throw them off shelves fast enough, Arcus is gonna be an absolute juggernaut, most of the people who actually bought the game rather than complain about the visuals seem to like it.

This is gonna crush 20 million and create goodwill for Pokemon, and then the next Pokemon Legends game is gonna sell just as well.

Pejo

How poetic that a game that looks like it was made for the PS2 has a thank you message that looks like it was made in Powerpoint XP. I'm happy for the fans that it's apparently a good game, but a little angry that they don't demand more from this multi billion dollar franchise.

Still suprised there isnt a major pokemon game competitor, Digimon is tragic.
Not for a lack of trying. Even besides Digimon and Yokai Watch, the late 90's and early 2k's were filled with games that tried to out-do Pokemon. The vast majority of them completely died out. Some of them were IPs that could have had the potential to break out into something interesting if the executives weren't fixated on the mons-clone aspects, which makes some of the losses particularly bitter.

anthony2690

Banned
Honestly surprised that whoever makes the Digimon games has not thought copying the Pokémon formula and expanding upon it.

I can imagine namco bandai could give the game a good budget and release on more powerful hardware.

Then again, will people care? It doesn't have the Pokémon name.

Roufianos

I'll be honest, it sucked to see the mediocrity of Sword & Shield rewarded with such gigantic sales.

This is completely well deserved though, ok it looks like ass at times but it's definitely a revolution for the series.

Kikorin

Deserved, best Pokémon game ever made. For gen 9 they need to mix this with classic Pokémon adventure (cities in huge open world, gyms, puzzles, more trainer's battle, competitive multiplayer) and they'll breaks even more records.

Last edited:
Great stuff, the games a joy to play for the most part. Just ease up on the amount of useless dialogue and maybe get some voice acting going on in future.

The gameplay loop is way better than before so if they carry this on, I’ll buy the next one no doubt.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Honestly surprised that whoever makes the Digimon games has not thought copying the Pokémon formula and expanding upon it.

I can imagine namco bandai could give the game a good budget and release on more powerful hardware.

Then again, will people care? It doesn't have the Pokémon name.
I heard that cyber sluth is a better game than latest pokemons from people into monster collecting games...

With a title like that, i have no doubts about it.

Last edited:

Markio128

I really have to commend Nintendo. How they can release a game that looks like it originally released in the 90’s and sell so many copies of it is pure wizardry. Fair play.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So im about 30 hours into the game, still loving it, but I badly want GameFreak to incorporate a hard mode or something. I don't understand why all these battles are basically 1 or 2 pokemon vs 6. You'd have to play blind to really have a challenge in this game. Give us a hard mode where all trainer based battles are 6 on 6, always. For this game I can take it as the game play isnt around battling too much, but I do hope the next entries can give us a "normal/hard/crazy man child" modes.

Top Bottom