• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon TCG (GBC) and Pokémon Stadium 2 (N64) are coming to Nintendo Switch Online today

Draugoth

Gold Member
xTKqXrd.png

Pokémon Trading Card Game for GameBoy and Pokémon Stadium 2 will be added to Nintendo Switch Online after the Presents​

Last edited:
omg. i played the shit out of TCG and i wasn't allowed Pokemon Stadium 2 because I already had Pokemon Stadium so I've never actually got to play it.

i do have Nintendo Online but how do I get the expansion pack if I've already bought a years worth of Online???

Its so weird that the mainline GB and GBA pokemon games arent in this already
i guess it's too much to ask that i can play pokemon red/yellow/gold/silver/crystal again. :messenger_anguished: i would actually pay to buy them individually without any changes. it's a joke that you have to buy a gameboy and cartridge to play them or pirate/emulate them. i know Nintendo did release some of the games on 3DS so there is no reason they can't bring them to Switch. Hopefully they are holding them for Switch 2... but I thought it was a certainty that they'd have released them for Switch.

Sleepwalker

i guess it's too much to ask that i can play pokemon red/yellow/gold/silver/crystal again. :messenger_anguished: i would actually pay to buy them individually without any changes. it's a joke that you have to buy a gameboy and cartridge to play them or pirate/emulate them. i know Nintendo did release some of the games on 3DS so there is no reason they can't bring them to Switch. Hopefully they are holding them for Switch 2... but I thought it was a certainty that they'd have released them for Switch.
They even have online multiplayer in place for the n64 games iirc, I would pay to be able to play these games again too, specially with online features restored and qol updates.

Let's hope they just drop them when they run out of spinoffs lol

Last edited:

BlackTron

Wow I played TCG so much back in the day. I used it as a real game companion tool to build and test decks alone before tweaking the real card version. One of the few carts I still have that didn't get stolen, and that battery is still saving my decks lol. A good way to learn the TCG rules but I'm guessing they have changed by now. I never played Stadium 2 but it must be much better than 1 if it works as its own game without a Transfer Pak. 1 was pretty much a glorified GB game management tool

SCB3

TCG is a geniuelly awesome game, I wonder if the Speedrunning exploit is still in the game (you can legit finish the game in under 20 mins) I am surprised it never got a sequel or that any for of the TCG exists outside of Mobile and PC

Staduim 2 is a better game than 1 but not being abel to use your own pokemon from the GB games really hurts it

TCG is a geniuelly awesome game, I wonder if the Speedrunning exploit is still in the game (you can legit finish the game in under 20 mins) I am surprised it never got a sequel or that any for of the TCG exists outside of Mobile and PC

Staduim 2 is a better game than 1 but not being abel to use your own pokemon from the GB games really hurts it
whats the speed run trick? not that i want to use it and ruin the general fun of the game.

it did get a sequel, but never localized afaik

Top Bottom