• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China Press Conference Livestream

ManaByte

Gold Member
Launching in China May 15th.

fuck, 3899 yuan. Holy shit!
GULz14f.jpg

NahaNago

Do consoles still have a cap on how many they can sell over there? I thought they could only sell like 5 million of them.

Based on this, will Jimbo go full mullet in time for E3?
Damn, I missed that hahaha

I just wish the PS5 version would be the same as the international one, or at least would let me put my Portuguese PSN on it and connect to my home country PS Store. But I might be asking too much.

EDIT: btw, less than an one hour after the announcement it's already sold out. Both versions..

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Fuck, I would love if the PS5 was not region locked here.

And that the price wouldn't be so different from the rest of the world. Gonna watch this while working.

Console itself isn't region locked, but the games or your PSN account. For example my PS5 is bought from our local Sony Middle East batches and I use a US account and US games.

Last edited:

CamHostage

So, this didn't start with a keynote or anything interesting, eh? Makes sense that it was a mistake to get excited for this (the show is specifically targeting the Chinese market) but watching the hosts play Taiko Drum Master for the past 10 minutes was way, way, way down on the list of things I guessed would be there to see at the show...

*EDIT: They just started a China Hero Project demo section. Mostly known and even out PS4 games, but it's better than an ad to sell PS4 Spider-Man and Uncharted in China.

Most of the games are probably already listed on the China Hero Project page (click "2nd Batch Heroes") They showed four products in this segment:
  • Hardcore Mecha new "Gurren Lagann Melee" DLC crossover
  • In Nightmare (PS4, Magic Fish Studio)
  • Convallaria (PS4 TPS/strategy multiplayer game where you kill things that look like Minions)
  • Evotinction (PS4, third-person sci-fi horror, not an Extinction sequel?)

Last edited:

CamHostage

Previously available trailers for these things:

Evotinction

Convallaria

In Nightmare

Gurren Lagaan content

(*Has anybody used Bilibili before? I can't tell if the link ManaByte ManaByte posted is still streaming live or if it's repeating, all this content is old as hell, even the Gurren Lagaan content, so I feel like I'm unstuck in time...)

Last edited:

CamHostage

They cut in another China Hero Project segment, and it's all known stuff again. (I've got to stop watching this and get some work done...)

Ran clips and playthroughs of the following:

• Boundary (PS4, Deathmatch on a space station, George Clooney is first to die.)
  • Anno:Mutationem (PS4, Anime Cyberpunk with an interesting 2D character model system.)
  • F.I.S.T. (PS4, fun side-view Metroidvania platformer/brawler with a cyborg rabbit.)

Probably other segments will have the other games of 1st and 2nd Batch, so might as well list them all:

• Lost Soul Aside (PS4/PS5/PC, fantasy DMC, already a big deal)
  • AI-LIMIT (PS4, cel-shaded hack-and-slash in a robot future)
  • Ran: Lost Islands (PC so far? Looks like it's The Division Medieval.)
  • Animal Force (PSVR, already out)
  • The Walker (PSVR, also already out)
  • KILL X (PSVR FPS, may already be out?)
  • Pervader (Playstation, uh, I have no idea... a Chinese version of a Suda51 game?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom