• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 games prices to rise up to 100$ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenkiDala

3w6Kq5V.jpg

I talk about this image.

If I understand well, the original plan was to release SM3 as a 69$(that convert in 79€ in Europe) game as usual for a 1st party exclusive. But the new plan is to release in 3 steps :
Step 1 : SM3 part 1 in holidays 2027 for 50$ (60€ in Europe)
Step 2 : SM3 part 2 in holidays 2028 for 50$ (60€ in Europe)
Step 3 : SM3 the full package (part1 & 2) for 60$ (70€ in Europe)

So basically if you wanna play the game on release, you need to pay 100$/120€? FOR ONE GAME ? WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FUCK OF THE FUCK ? Am I misunderstanding something ? And it cannot be compared to TLOUp1 and p2 because they are 2 DIFFERENT GAMES (and long games), on this picture it clearly shows that the game was planned to be a normal single game but it is cut it 2 just to make more money.

PS : I haven't seen any thread about it, in 17 years on NeoGAF this is the 1st time I dare to open a new thread so please be kind, if it's old news or there's already a thread please delete this one. I know this picture is posted in that thread : https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumor-insomniac-game-budgets-leaked.1664855/ but what I am pointing at doesn't seem to be discussed, or I missed it.

Skifi28

They're already 80 euros here, if they're 100 dollars then we'd be lookin at over 120 here in Yurop, what a time to be alive.

nial

Gold Member
'PlayStation 5 games'? I only see one specific example here.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
17 years on gaf and you post this bummer of a news. Fuck you.

And yes, its bullshit. They are trying to pull a Harry Potter Deathly hallows making people pay twice to see the ending. Classic corporate greed.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Spider-man + miles morales = two part series

Spider-Man 2 + Venom = 2 part series.

This is nothing new.
no. This is spiderman 3 split into two parts. how can you not see the GIANT cross on Spiderman 3 SINGLE TITLE.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Wouldn't shock me at all that Sony is brainstorming this. They got away with selling Miles Morales for nearly full price. This is just making 2 of those instead of 1 $70 game.

The prevailing sentiment I see among PS fans these days is support for premium pricing and really aggressively looking down on value pricing. They're going to just keep going with it as long as everyone is fine with it. And you guys want only AAA so they take longer and longer, and this would give them another year or two to finish the end of the game. Makes perfect sense from their perspective. Everyone wins but your wallet. Probably could even be marketed as more desirable like the stupid "comes on 2 discs" shit.

I hated this "Part 1/Part 2" fad when it started appearing in blockbuster movies in the past decade, especially solidified when it happened with the last Avengers movies and the Fast & Furious franchise. Seeing this start now in the gaming sphere is sad. Games cost too much to make and the only way to alleviate this without further increasing the price is to piecemeal content. Who wants to bet that each part of Spiderman 3 will have less content than Spiderman 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom