• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Rocket League confirmed to have no downsampling for 1080p users once it's patched

Why does this keep happening?

That's disgusting. It's a shame to see devs being so out of touch with their fanbase and the actual reality of the 1080P world we live in.
A real 4K machine this thing is not. But it could be an ideal 1080P machine.

Tubie

This makes me very sad. What's the point of the Pro update for people without 4K TVs then??

Will there be increased AF? Maybe an AA option?

Some games that launched before Pro simply got a minimum effort patch.

So if down sampling from 4k causes too many issues, some developers are just disabling that option instead of spending time optimizing it.

Some games that launched before Pro simply got a minimum effort patch.

So if down sampling from 4k causes too many issues, some developers are just disabling that option instead of spending time optimizing it.

What possible issue could it be causing though? Is downsampling not free from cpu /gpu resources used perspective?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Alright GAF. I need help.

Picked up the LG 55 OLED B6.

Have a ps4 but I'm mainly an Xbox guy so I only play exclusives on usually on the 4.

Should I get the pro? This TV is fucking amazing but is the jump that big from what you guys have seen?

Brock2621

Alright GAF. I need help.

Picked up the LG 55 OLED B6.

Have a ps4 but I'm mainly an Xbox guy so I only play exclusives on usually on the 4.

Should I get the pro? This TV is fucking amazing but is the jump that big from what you guys have seen?

First, that TV is frikin GORGEOUS. Second, you 100% should go for it. The thing just came out and if a team has a full development cycle to actually build it to take advantage of the extra power we'll start seeing some REALLY good differentiators in the next 24 months. Every game that's come out so far has just been "patched" near end or after its release.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
First, that TV is frikin GORGEOUS. Second, you 100% should go for it. The thing just came out and if a team has a full development cycle to actually build it to take advantage of the extra power we'll start seeing some REALLY good differentiators in the next 24 months. Every game that's come out so far has just been "patched" near end or after its release.

I've literally spent the entire weekend just watching Blu rays. I want to watch everything ever made on this thing. It's like looking into your dreams.

I'm thinking Horizon Zero Dawn will be the first game that reallt takes advantage of the pro. Am i wrong to assume that?

F311

I need some advice

I've put £350 away for a pro and today when i went to check for a place to buy one they all seem out of stock, so my question is this, I need to have a ps4 before horizon comes out NEED! Is the pro that big of a jump from a normal one?

I own a 4k hdr tv, so do i wait and hopefully get one or get a normal one and buy games with the change?

F311

Depends on what you NEED more - the improved visual quality or Horizon at launch and not any later. I for myself would wait a bit longer if neccessary, but maybe you don't have to since they are more and more available - in fact, they are right now in GB.

Well id rather the improved performance for sure!

That link only shows one site at the original RRP of £350, and they're out of stock :(

ISee

I need some advice

I've put £350 away for a pro and today when i went to check for a place to buy one they all seem out of stock, so my question is this, I need to have a ps4 before horizon comes out NEED! Is the pro that big of a jump from a normal one?

I own a 4k hdr tv, so do i wait and hopefully get one or get a normal one and buy games with the change?

If you are on a 4k hdr tv get the pro.
Horizon offers an improved image quality and draw distance on the pro.

Screencap from a YT video, so...

hoprizonprocompoysm3.png

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDX-chxRLKE (dont forget to select 2160p for highest viewing option)

tbm24

Wife recently decided to buy a PS4 Pro as her console.I wasn't planing on going 4K so soon but I have a reason to now. I'm eyeing a UN40KU6290 40-inch as a start that can double as a monitor for me in the future. Regarding the PS4 PRO, is it worth aiming to use 4K with a set that as far as I can understand doesn't offer full HDR?

F311

So I finally managed to find a place with a pro in stock...now I've not been paying much attention to pro news as of late.....but I do feel a bit stupid.

As soon as i got home i downloaded games that i saw were affected by the boost mode, only to not be able to find it in the settings.....the system update isnt released yet is it? how are you all using it?!

Omerta

So I finally managed to find a place with a pro in stock...now I've not been paying much attention to pro news as of late.....but I do feel a bit stupid.

As soon as i got home i downloaded games that i saw were affected by the boost mode, only to not be able to find it in the settings.....the system update isnt released yet is it? how are you all using it?!

I'm guessing you're not on the software beta? You'll have to wait until the fw is released officially. The date yet but it shouldn't be long...

zedge

Wife recently decided to buy a PS4 Pro as her console.I wasn't planing on going 4K so soon but I have a reason to now. I'm eyeing a UN40KU6290 40-inch as a start that can double as a monitor for me in the future. Regarding the PS4 PRO, is it worth aiming to use 4K with a set that as far as I can understand doesn't offer full HDR?
I have a 55 inch 6290. While the HDR is not true HDR the picture on this tv is fantastic. It's a VA so it has nice blacks, high contrast, and low input lag. It's awesome for gaming. I'm blown away by 4k content on it. Can't wait for Horizon. I could not justify the price for a higher end model with better HDR. This will do nicely til HDR is more fleshed out and lower priced TVs have full support.

Although for that size you might be better off with a Sony 800d 43 inch. It has better HDR support.

cordy

Banned
Man...

Should I get a Pro? I'm still using my base launch PS4. My tv on the other hand is a 40 inch Sony Bravia I bought in late 2008. I plan on getting a new tv this year.

Is boost mode available for Europe? I'm in the UK but I can't find it no matter what I've looked everywhere and just can't seem to see it anywhere. Also says I have the latest update. Faster load times would be amazing. Sorry having read everything previous, on mobile unfortunately.

shanafan

Is boost mode available for Europe? I'm in the UK but I can't find it no matter what I've looked everywhere and just can't seem to see it anywhere. Also says I have the latest update. Faster load times would be amazing. Sorry having read everything previous, on mobile unfortunately.

You will only have the 4.5 update if you are a preview member.

CLEEK

It's only available in the beta firmware. You have to have signed up to be a beta tester.

You just need to wait for the official 4.50 firmware release. Most likely next month.

So i'll be getting a Pro either next week or at the end of next month and i'll be getting a 4k tv to play it on too, thing is i don't have a big budget for the t.v and don't really know what i'm looking for. All I know is HDR is important lol.

These are the ones i've been looking at mainly.
Samsung UE40KU6400 40" 4K HDR Ultra-HD Flat Smart LED TV 1500 PQI Silver
LG 43UH603V 43 inch Ultra HD 4K Smart TV WebOS

Are they good for the price d'ya think? Any advice or experience with budget 4k tv's?

help pls.

What's the current state of Deus Ex: MD on pro?

I know it was allegedly bad at launch, but how about now?

I've been playing it quite extensively for the past two weeks on a 4K tv. The game looks gorgeous especially with HDR. Performance wise it's much better than it was before, although there are occasional stutters when you walk through prague. The missions exhibit no noticable dips.

I'd highly recommend checking it out.

deadfolk

I've been playing it quite extensively for the past two weeks on a 4K tv. The game looks gorgeous especially with HDR. Performance wise it's much better than it was before, although there are occasional stutters when you walk through prague. The missions exhibit no noticable dips.

I'd highly recommend checking it out.

Thanks! I have it on PC, but can only get it on my 4k TV via Steam Link, which means no 4k and no HDR. Toying with the idea of double-dipping while it's on sale, as I haven't started it yet.

Don't know whether 4k and HDR is better than 60fps and probably better textures/effects.

So i'll be getting a Pro either next week or at the end of next month and i'll be getting a 4k tv to play it on too, thing is i don't have a big budget for the t.v and don't really know what i'm looking for. All I know is HDR is important lol.

These are the ones i've been looking at mainly.
Samsung UE40KU6400 40" 4K HDR Ultra-HD Flat Smart LED TV 1500 PQI Silver
LG 43UH603V 43 inch Ultra HD 4K Smart TV WebOS

Are they good for the price d'ya think? Any advice or experience with budget 4k tv's?

help pls.

Just bumping cuz it was bottom of the page.

Top Bottom