• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT| Memes Galore

Uhtred

1714596068892-png.46198

Mikado

I once had cops driving behind me, and was very careful not to speed. They suddenly turned on their lights, and I pulled over. They just drove past me. It felt like they turned on their light just to get my slow-moving ass out of the way.

The reverse situation:
- Driving behind someone
- "Damn this guy is going slow, better pass him"
- Get ready to pass
- Guy in front gets pulled over for speeding

ReBurn

Gold Member
I once had cops driving behind me, and was very careful not to speed. They suddenly turned on their lights, and I pulled over. They just drove past me. It felt like they turned on their light just to get my slow-moving ass out of the way.
Six weeks ago I had a cop come up behind me with his lights on and he stopped me, said I was going 51 in a 35, which I wasn't, gave me a warning for 16 over, and a no point ticket for $150 for doing 75 in a 70 on the freeway. I wasn't on the freeway. When I went to court the judge told me my choices were to pay the $150 or get the 16 over violation and 4 points because I couldn't prove I wasn't speeding.

I guess that's not so funny now that I think about it.

Trogdor1123

Six weeks ago I had a cop come up behind me with his lights on and he stopped me, said I was going 51 in a 35, which I wasn't, gave me a warning for 16 over, and a no point ticket for $150 for doing 75 in a 70 on the freeway. I wasn't on the freeway. When I went to court the judge told me my choices were to pay the $150 or get the 16 over violation and 4 points because I couldn't prove I wasn't speeding.

I’ve always hated that the burden of truth rests on the person, not them

AJUMP23

Gold Member

I’ve always hated that the burden of truth rests on the person, not them

You can plead not guilty and go to trial for speeding if you want, but the cost to you will be greater than the $150. The court is really playing the game of you will pay the fine because it is easier. Even if you go to driving school it is still magically $150 for that.

ReBurn

Gold Member
You can plead not guilty and go to trial for speeding if you want, but the cost to you will be greater than the $150. The court is really playing the game of you will pay the fine because it is easier. Even if you go to driving school it is still magically $150 for that.
That's why I just paid the fine. It would have cost me more in time to fight it than just paying the money. It's amazing to me that that all the police have to say is that they're certified in the use of speed detection equipment and there's no refuting them. The guy before me said that he was licensed to drive in the state of Michigan and would sign an affidavit that he wasn't speeding as evidence of his innocence and the judge threatened to fine him for contempt. That was kind of funny.

Cyberpunkd

That's why I just paid the fine. It would have cost me more in time to fight it than just paying the money. It's amazing to me that that all the police have to say is that they're certified in the use of speed detection equipment and there's no refuting them. The guy before me said that he was licensed to drive in the state of Michigan and would sign an affidavit that he wasn't speeding as evidence of his innocence and the judge threatened to fine him for contempt. That was kind of funny.
Stop speeding. “I was not doing 70 instead of 50” is oldest excuse in the world.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I assume you are driving in some African nation somewhere where corruption is rife

Top Bottom