• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT| Memes Galore

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
20pebk4b1l0a1.jpg

sila7o7fkl0a1.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What DAC do you use and why?
Schiit Modi 3 on my desktop. Built-in DAC on the Marantz NR-1500 in my living room system.

DAC is probably least important for me to listen, though I do like having one capable of outputting at CD quality or better. Not that I can necessarily hear the difference but in case I want that option. I tend to only listen critically about 10% of the time.

I think the Modi does 24-bit / 192kHz if memory serves.

i take the middle ground.

RGB is unavoidable. i have some RGB in my PC. my GPU has a green light. and my motherboard has leds. when i boot into windows i can make my motherboard do all the colours but in ubuntu im stuck with the default...orange colours on everything. i haven't bothered looking to see if there is anyway to change the colours on ubuntu. there is a bios version for my motherboard that would let me adjust the colours at bios level instead of OS but i can't be arsed finding that version and having to reset all my OCs. i think whenever i get a new case i'll get one without a window so i don't need to look at led lights. they are nice when done right but i don't really care about them.

oh yeah my mouse and keyboard have RGB. i can turn them off. on my keyboard it's easy but i like to have some backlights so i can see wtf i'm typing (i'm mostly a touch typer so not really a problem). if i want to turn off the lights on my mouse i need to download some logitech shit.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i take the middle ground.

RGB is unavoidable. i have some RGB in my PC. my GPU has a green light. and my motherboard has leds. when i boot into windows i can make my motherboard do all the colours but in ubuntu im stuck with the default...orange colours on everything. i haven't bothered looking to see if there is anyway to change the colours on ubuntu. there is a bios version for my motherboard that would let me adjust the colours at bios level instead of OS but i can't be arsed finding that version and having to reset all my OCs. i think whenever i get a new case i'll get one without a window so i don't need to look at led lights. they are nice when done right but i don't really care about them.

oh yeah my mouse and keyboard have RGB. i can turn them off. on my keyboard it's easy but i like to have some backlights so i can see wtf i'm typing (i'm mostly a touch typer so not really a problem). if i want to turn off the lights on my mouse i need to download some logitech shit.
i can't imagine being able to play any games when you're perpetually distracted by all of the giant glowing lights in your computer. that's why i specifically looked for parts without RGB. glad too, it hides the godawful cable management

Last edited:
i can't imagine being able to play any games when you're perpetually distracted by all of the giant glowing lights in your computer. that's why i specifically looked for parts without RGB. glad too, it hides the godawful cable management
i'm quite happy with my cable management. i don't remember why i wanted a case with a window. maybe i wanted to get into that RGB madness but decided that aint the life for me.

i have my pc on my desk. if the RGB really bothered me i could just put it under my desk so i don't need to look at it.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Schiit Modi 3 on my desktop. Built-in DAC on the Marantz NR-1500 in my living room system.

DAC is probably least important for me to listen, though I do like having one capable of outputting at CD quality or better. Not that I can necessarily hear the difference but in case I want that option. I tend to only listen critically about 10% of the time.

I think the Modi does 24-bit / 192kHz if memory serves.
Please stop speaking Mexican or Chinese.
I'm old and ignorant.

Top Bottom