• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn. Elementary Teacher Arrested For Infatuation With 11 yo Student

Status
Not open for further replies.
PennLive said:
Female teacher was obsessed with Pa. girl, 11, but was it sexual?

The level of what police in Pittsburgh are calling an 'obsession' that a female teacher harbored for her 11-year-old student is clear.

The teacher, Geraldine Alcorn, 28, allegedly encrypted her phone number on the girl's math homework, exchanged thousands of text messages with her and even talked of running away with her, according to media reports.

Yet, police doubt there was a sexual motive behind the well-liked teacher's alleged obsession, according to WPXI-TV in Pittsburgh, which reports:

"Police don't believe Alcorn's attraction to the girl was sexual, but say she continued to leave gifts and letters for the girl at school, even after resigning."

The station quotes one Pittsburgh parent, Frank DeMarco, whose daughter also had Alcorn as a teacher, as describing how Alcorn related to young students on their level.

DeMarco tells WPXI that the 28-year-old was well-liked and would play "Trivia Crack," a popular smartphone app, with her students.

But the case against Geraldine Alcorn, who was arraigned Wednesday on charges of child luring, corruption of minors and attempting to interfere with custody of the child, goes well beyond this, according to police.

According to WPXI:

Channel 11 News reported that the 11-year-old student's mother said 2,400 text messages were exchanged between her child and the Beechwood Elementary School teacher over a two-week span. The school is part of the Pittsburgh Public Schools.

According to police, the texts expressed "deep love" between Alcorn and the student. The pair talked about Alcorn adopting the 11-year-old, texting that they would be "on the run" for a while.

Alcorn also showed up at the girl's home when her mother wasn't there and allegedly brought the 11-year-old to her home in Bloomfield.

WPXI reports that Alcorn posted her $100,000 bond Wednesday evening and was released from jail, but she was warned that if she contacts the alleged victim in any way, her bond will be revoked.

Penn Live
Huffington Post
Young Turks

Aq9ONEw.jpg

Verelios

What the heeeeellllllll????

This is some grade-A denko chan shit here. Even if it wasn't sexual, boundaries, damn.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
2400 texts in 14 days?
So ~171 texts per day?

Certainly creepy if not unstable behavior but her destination should be a mental health hospital and not incarceration.

Can get arrested for "infatuation" but people are free to cum all they want into your cup :(

Volimar

I've played Trivia Crack. It could have been me!!!

Sounds like some weird motherly feelings gone horribly wrong.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is there any mental illness involved here? Sounds like something out of one of those creepthriller movies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

gabbo

This sounds so much like it came from the writers room of a police procedural. Like Broadchurch or Ian breaking down on Shameless and stealing the baby.
Thankfully it wasn't sexual. Definitely fucked up, but at least it never sunk to that level and the child, hopefully won't be permanently scared and the teacher gets some psychiatric help, since she clearly needs it.

I honestly doubt anyone uses that picture seriously on gaf anymore

Yeah seriously.

That's not usually used seriously. More so just used to talk about crazy student teacher relationships.

I don't think anyone would seriously imply that the student isn't on the receiving end of some really weird shit.

rtcn63

I think I saw this on Law & Order. The girl is going to turn out to be adopted, with the teacher being the birth mother.

terrisus

My ex spoiled me on texting. 100 a day was commonplace. 2 months later and I don't I'll ever find someone to do that with again.
I'd hate that.

I do a semi-long distance relationship and we do 10-12 a day. Thank god we aren't doing 100+

You kids today have it easy.
Back in the 1990s, I would have a $200+ a month phone bill from talking on the phone to my girlfriend who lived an hour away in the same state >.>

Sakura

I don't think I've received 2400 texts in my life let alone 2 weeks, damn.
If it wasn't sexual then I wonder why this teacher was so obsessed with this kid.

That's the joke.

The episode was about police officers inappropriately making approval of an attractive teacher going after a student.

I always thought it was a weird meme in the first place, but it's pretty much intended for this very situation.

I'm shocked people aren't getting the joke. Then again we have GAFers even now who legitimately defend teachers fucking their high school students, as long as its a female teacher. With people even pulling the "teen men and teen women are different" card to justify the double standard. As if a teen female could never willingly have sex with an older male.

Or maybe its different in this case because the student is 11.

Ms.Galaxy

I don't think I've received 2400 texts in my life let alone 2 weeks, damn.
If it wasn't sexual then I wonder why this teacher was so obsessed with this kid.

Seems like she was obsessed to have her as her own adopted child. Still extremely creepy.

According to police, the texts expressed "deep love" between Alcorn and the student. The pair talked about Alcorn adopting the 11-year-old, texting that they would be "on the run" for a while.

entremet

Reminds me of the saoirse ronan thread.

lol.

I'm shocked people aren't getting the joke. Then again we have GAFers even now who legitimately defend teachers fucking their high school students, as long as its a female teacher. With people even pulling the "teen men and teen women are different" card to justify the double standard. As if a teen female could never willingly have sex with an older male.

Or maybe its different in this case because the student is 11.

The thing is the poster didn't even read the OP. Police don't think it's sexual, just a creepy obsession.

esms

Dude. You're out of step with the times. My younger cousins are slightly below her age and have iPhones.

Old ass flip phones until they can afford better. I saw a family out to dinner last week and every single little kid was on an iPhone. It was sad as hell.

A 28 year old public school teacher was able to afford $100,000 in bail money?

Usually when you use a bail bonds place you only have to pony up around 10% of the money. So, it was probably only 10K.

As for the number of texts, it does say exchanged. So, it is probably counting both parties. I wouldn't doubt a lot of the responses are in the vain of: "k"

entremet

Old ass flip phones until they can afford better. I saw a family out to dinner last week and every single little kid was on an iPhone. It was sad as hell.

Do they even sell flip phones anymore lol.

Besides, kids don't really use the telephony functions anyway. They use Facebook and Facebook Messenger.

Loofy

Meh, no different than kids whipping out their gameboys in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom