• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PBS FRONTLINE: "The Choice 2016" - premiering @ 9PM tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show respect? The fuck are you spinning about? Hillary is laughing at someone else's death. You don't mock death.

Even when OBL was killed Obama came out and voiced his death the way a president would.

She lives up to her reputation of being hawkish, it's in her blood.

It was an interview, she wasn't the President, and obviously there was a more casual atmosphere to that conversation. She wasn't standing behind a lectern.

I think it's more that you first believe that she's hawkish, and then you watch something like that and reinforce your conclusion.

The United States is hawkish. Removing dictators is a US policy, not a Clinton policy.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Show respect? The fuck are you spinning about? Hillary is laughing at someone else's death. You don't mock death.

Even when OBL was killed Obama came out and voiced his death the way a president would.

You are comparing a press conference to a candid moment right after receiving the word of his death. Not really the same.

The documentary was really excellent. I was thoroughly enthrawled.

I also thought it was really clever how they spliced Hillary standing by Bill Clinton during his sex scandals at the same time they were splicing Trump's investors standing by Trump during his financial meltdown. The juxtaposition being that Hillary stood behind Bill because it was the only political advantage she could make out of it, and Wall Street Investors stood behind Trump because it was the only way to save their investment. The two situations obviously aren't analogous but it was really well done.

You're describing two different situations. When Obama got confirmation that Bin Laden was killed I'm sure his reaction was very different than the press conference he gave hours later during a prepared speech. Clinton's reaction is the moment that she heard Gaddafi was "captured" or "killed," it was a total coincidence.

Her reaction may not be great, but you're the one spinning here that he reaction is indicative that she is "a hawk in her blood." You're drawing the narrative, not anyone else.

Wiz

Finished watching last night. Amazing how different their stories are, but similar in that they've both been in public life for what seems like forever, and how both of their paths converge onto this election.

Also, Trump has been a fraud his whole life.

And Hillary has been through a lot of mess, most not the fault of her own. But she's never given up and is close to coming out on top in this election.

Gives me a lot of respect for her.

Revolver

It was fascinating and disheartening watching Hillary go from the starry eyed idealist to being pounded down by the political machine. Robert Reich seemed to be genuinely heartbroken over what she went through. I respect her resolve to just keep plugging away despite being shoved back into her box when she stuck her neck out and Bill seemed to have no trouble throwing her under the bus. It's a shame she felt the need to turn to someone like Dick Morris to play the game though.

Trump just seemed to be the same throughout his life. Succeeding despite his own incompetence. He still thinks he's Hugh Hefner. There was some glimpses of humanity when it came to his brother though but the way he responded by wanting to be even more of a "killer" was telling. Being molded by his cold eugenics loving father and that despicable slime bag Roy Cohn really messed him up.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Finished watching last night. Amazing how different their stories are, but similar in that they've both been in public life for what seems like forever, and how both of their paths converge onto this election.

Also, Trump has been a fraud his whole life.

And Hillary has been through a lot of mess, most not the fault of her own. But she's never given up and is close to coming out on top in this election.

Gives me a lot of respect for her.
Trump seemed like a legitimate businessman until he expanded beyond real estate and eventually focusing entirely on his brand. Seems like he was a racist and sexist asshole before that though.

About the only thing they have in common besides being in the public life for so long is their fathers were both assholes. While it did not seem to have too much of an effect on Hillary (except her parents fighting being an influence why she desires privacy so much), Trump's father made Trump the man he is today.

There was a lot in this documentary I knew, but what I wasn't aware Hillary had to twice pull back to help Bill's career. She made sacrifices for her husband that included public humiliation and now it's finally going to pay off.

They're both fascinating individuals.

Leatherface

I watched this last night and highly suggest everyone checks it out. It was excellent! It gave an interesting and well rounded view into the lives of both candidates and really helped me understand how they operate and what drives them. Awesome stuff. It made a big difference for me personally. I don't hate on Hilary as much now. Although it seems clear to me that at some point in her life she decided the relationship with Bill was purely business and used that to push her own career forward. How else could anyone put up with the constant adultery? damn!

Revolver

Trump seemed like a legitimate businessman until he expanded beyond real estate and eventually focusing entirely on his brand. Seems like he was a racist and sexist asshole before that though.

About the only thing they have in common besides being in the public life for so long is their fathers were both assholes. While it did not seem to have too much of an effect on Hillary (except her parents fighting being an influence why she desires privacy so much), Trump's father made Trump the man he is today.

There was a lot in this documentary I knew, but what I wasn't aware Hillary had to twice pull back to help Bill's career. She made sacrifices for her husband that included public humiliation and now it's finally going to pay off.

They're both fascinating individuals.

It was interesting how the men in Hillary's life always seemed to let her down. Except that youth minister that took her to hear MLK speak. He seemed like a cool guy and really opened her eyes to the world. Trump's family on the other hand went to church to be seen and make business contacts. Their fathers were both asses but Hillary seemed more connected to her mother. Trump's mother didn't seem to have much of an impact on him though and seemed to be more of a background fixture. Sort of like how he views women even today. That quote about how he can't be attracted to a woman that's had children shows he's got some real issues with women.

Loxley

The look on Omarosa's face when she talks about Trump makes it looks like she literally worships the guy - it's eerie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The first couple minutes of this could be used for an Iron Man 4 script. Tony starts laying into some industrialist at an event, which sets them on the path to creating their own suit to rival Stark's lol

This was really well made, as usual for Frontline.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The first couple minutes of this could be used for an Iron Man 4 script. Tony starts laying into some industrialist at an event, which sets them on the path to creating their own suit to rival Stark's lol

Isn't that basically the plot of Iron Man 2?

Jenov

Watched it and it was really interesting!
Loved the deep dive into the building blocks of each's personality.
I can see why Hilary is so distrusted. It's like the world battered this young idealistic and brilliant politically active youth into a secretive and cold strategist (colder than hwo she was anyway. I think her youth is more idealistic geek girl). On the plus side, I see her as fighting on the side of general good, so.. w/e.
Trump's on Trump's side though. Everything about him is self-promotion in one way or the other or blowing fuses. I do feel kinda sorry for his crappy childhood, but him thriving in military school and general mentality is all red flags.

This is how I saw it too. Really great doc to watch. I believe Hillary has generally good intentions and wants good things for people, even as a young adult she strived for noble causes but got entangled in the mess of politics and her husband's failings. Meanwhile Trump just wants good things for Trump, and he's been demonstrating that his entire life. Even his policy platform is to the benefit of Trump and the 1%...

The look on Omarosa's face when she talks about Trump makes it looks like she literally worships the guy - it's eerie.

That whole segment creeped me out and honestly kinda turned me off from watching this thing. I'll probably check it out in a couple years when the dust has hopefully settled.

Very well done, thanks for the YouTube link. I catch some stuff every now and then on their channel, and they're consistently solid. In a world of dumb media, that's a lot.

We've joked in the past about how this was his super villain origin story. Turns out it really was.

Powerful stuff

Gave me an indepth look at them as people

Id consider mandatory viewing along with reading thw science debate 20 questions write ups

D day is coming quick everyone

oneils

Anyone know how to watch this in Canada? I don't get how its blocked here due to rights restrictions. Like what org in Canada would have the rights to frontline?

djkimothy

Anyone know how to watch this in Canada? I don't get how its blocked here due to rights restrictions. Like what org in Canada would have the rights to frontline?

I'm using Hola. a vpn extension for a web browser. Just select the US as your region.

Can i talk about that sort of stuff here?

Her reaction may not be great, but you're the one spinning here that he reaction is indicative that she is "a hawk in her blood." You're drawing the narrative, not anyone else.

To be fair, rephrasing veni vidi vici when your country already has foreign intervention image problems is the kind of grotesque stupidity that one seldom expects from a SecState.

Biske

That whole segment creeped me out and honestly kinda turned me off from watching this thing. I'll probably check it out in a couple years when the dust has hopefully settled.

The worst part was Roger Stone. That guy is such a piece of shit. I mean the people backing Trump in the doc, that says it all, fucking Roger Stone, Omarosa? Fuck.

I hope we can move past this shit and avoid a Trump presidency and then watch everyone look back at how fucking stupid it was.

Revolver

Omarosa being such a public face of Team Trump seems weird. I didn't watch the Apprentice very much but I always thought she was hated by viewers and considered a ruthless villain. Now that I think about, I guess she fits right in and it makes perfect sense.

Lol. Do you have any fuckkin clue what Gaddafi did to his opponents? Google Gaddafi rape chambers. Some of you are impossible. Gaddafi doesn't deserve a speck of dust from a shoe, let alone respect from a foreign leader.

Biske

Lol. Do you have any fuckkin clue what Gaddafi did to his opponents? Google Gaddafi rape chambers. Some of you are impossible. Gaddafi doesn't deserve a speck of dust from a shoe, let alone respect from a foreign leader.

Chriiiiiiist. That is a lot of heinous shit. I had no idea. After reading about that stuff, yeah her reaction makes sense. Fuck that guy. Some people absolutely deserve death and he was one of them.

Mountains and mountains of rape. Jesus

The guy really kept bodies of people he killed in freezers so he could look at them when. He felt like it?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Chriiiiiiist. That is a lot of heinous shit. I had no idea. After reading about that stuff, yeah her reaction makes sense. Fuck that guy. Some people absolutely deserve death and he was one of them.

The guy really kept bodies of people he killed in freezers so he could look at them when. He felt like it?

... that's serial killer shit.
I'm going to have to do some light reading now. He may have been the first serial killer to get into power.

Now remember that even after all of that was common knowledge, Trump tried to court Gaddafi into starting a business partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom