• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patriarch Homer Simpson has revealed he no longer strangles his son, Bart.

TDiddyLive

It was bad for many years but a lot of people have been saying it's gotten decent again in the last few seasons
Those people are fucking liars. I watch every episode out of some kind of bleak hope they’ll have something good, only to suck in the disappointment. Joke either don’t land, are painfully obvious what they’re setting up, or some kind of flavor of the month that’s already over by the time it airs. And they lean hard on the ‘member berries, finding any reason to bring up the past glory of the show, in a desperate attempt to make viewers positive feelings from the past connect with the new episodes.

On that note, literally the week after the no strangle comment was made, a Homer-ized character strangled Bart on the Treehouse of Horror episode.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Nicely done, there should be no more real life child abuse ever again now very shortly

Jean Claude Van Damme Reaction GIF

SaintALia

I was wondering when they'd get rid of it fully. Some people always viewed it as problematic and it was used less and less over the years. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, like 20 years ago sooner.

I hate this trend of "we can't have bad stuff in our content even if it's being depicted as bad "
At some point Disney will probably completely remove violence, evil, killing and conflict from all the their content.

Avengers 25 will be like "We want to donate $2 billion to the current trendy social justice organization but Galactus only wants to donate $1 billion, we'll team up and use carbon neutral public transportation to go meet up with him and respectfully debate about how much money we should donate"
People always had a problem with Homer choking his child tho, but it was coming off the era of beating your kids still being kinda okay, or threatening them with violence(or rather the era the writers were a part of).

Also, America has always been cool with killing and violence, violence against children and women and sexual stuff are the usual pain points though. Well, sexual in terms of women mostly, I've been seeing more bare chests of men and dicks and man ass than female nudity far more in the past 10 -15 years or so. Marvel movies are basically, 40% violence/30% comedy and 30% character development, and the ratio changes for Star Wars to include 'nostalgia' taking up a large share of those metrics.

Sybrix

Nicely done, there should be no more real life child abuse ever again now very shortly
4a05094a-f979-465a-97d0-50a53c475844_text.gif

giphy.gif

I'm surprised Tom and Jerry is still condoned!!!!

I am shocked!!!

Will someone please think of the children??!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Top Bottom