• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount + Knuckles first trailer revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

The new live-action series will follow Knuckles (Idris Elba) on a hilarious and action-packed journey of self-discovery as he agrees to train Wade (Adam Pally) as his protégé and teach him the ways of the Echidna warrior. The series takes place between the films SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3.Stream Knuckles April 26, exclusively on Paramount+ in the U.S. and Canada.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, that looks pretty good. No Marsters though? Well, they got his better half at least.

Stretching this out over 6 (30? 60? minute) episodes instead of just a feature film....we'll see. Hopefully it isn't packed full of lame filler, which is what I'm worried this trailer is dancing around. My kid is gonna be stoked!

Ristifer

Could be fun, but I don't need every scene to have a joke element/have every scenario explained away with a gag.

"Do I look like I need your power?"

"What are you talking about? Of course we need his power. It's the whole reason we're here!"

Come on.

Could be fun, but I don't need every scene to have a joke element/have every scenario explained away with a gag.

"What are you talking about? Of course we need his power. It's the whole reason we're here!"

Come on.

I thought that one was funny actually, cause it's the same line Knuckles used in Sonic 2 but this guy saying it earnestly doesn't really make any sense, like he's just trying to sound cool. SO the girl calling him out on it actually tracks.

Ristifer

I thought that one was funny actually, cause it's the same line Knuckles used in Sonic 2 but this guy saying it earnestly doesn't really make any sense, like he's just trying to sound cool. SO the girl calling him out on it actually tracks.
Even as a reference, I just don't find it that funny. Every gag in the trailer was the same kind of humour.

Miles better than:

Sad Dreamworks GIF

Rran

Come on.
Yeah, it's that insincere blasé Marvel humor that's been common lately.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Title reads "Paramount and Knuckles" as if they are teaming up. As much as I would like for it to have been a purposeful play on the a Mega Drive game title, it's a Draugoth thread

Last edited:
Even as a reference, I just don't find it that funny. Every gag in the trailer was the same kind of humour.
I'm torn about it because sometimes I like when there's a character in a show or movie who is the most logical person with the most logical takes/reactions, in order to ground the ridiculousness or stupidity of what's happening around them.

Top Bottom