• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario: The Origami King (Looks Amazing!)

Cutty Flam

Banned

Paper Mario and Ocarina of Time are my favorite games of all time. So my love for the series goes way back. It’s been almost 20 years since that beloved game blessed us

And now, I’m elated to say, it looks by that trailer, that we will finally be playing something just as charming as the first one that starred it all

Big respect goes out to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for setting the tone and proving that a Mario game can be an RPG and be just as good if jot better than any RPG out

I can just tell, that PM: Origami King will bring back the greatness, to some degree, of the first Paper Mario. I can see it in the trailer

Gonna be speculating more and more as time goes on, cannot wait to play this game over the Summer!

Kazza

It's a really interesting artstyle. It's has been looking like being a pretty barren year for the switch, so these kind of surprise drops are very welcome. It's great that it's coming out so soon.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Anything new compare to this thread?
Oh nice, I was about to say, nobody seems enthused about it on this site....Good look

Looks pretty good indeed, looks like a good transition before the next Paper Mario is full 64/TTYD style.

Future of the series looks promising and 2 month reveal to launch date is the way to go if you ask me.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I found it pretty charming
Same here dude. Super excited about this game. I thought this thread I made was the only one about it until dottme pointed out the other one is why I was sort of wondering why there wasn’t any buzz going on about it

The trailer is a perfect sign of what’s to come. It looks like it’s up to par with the first one. TTYD was fun too, but it was kind of lacking a precise direction and definitely had some problem areas I could point out on the spot. Kind of lacked cohesion

But as far as I can tell with The Origami King, it doesn’t seem to have missed a beat. I wonder who the old allies will be that they spoke of? Also hoping & wondering if Luigi will play a part in the adventure too

Cutty Flam

Banned
I always loved this type visuals, it’s same reason why I liked puppeteers and Tearaway.
They’ve been killing it lately. Last year I bought Yoshi’s Crafted World in the Spring. It’s visuals are beautiful. Going with artstyles like these ensure that the graphics stay timeless. I too was very impressed with the Origami artstyle, especially during that one bit in the trailer where Mario and his team were weathering a fairly perilous looking storm. Very impressive

D.Final

Banned
Same here dude. Super excited about this game. I thought this thread I made was the only one about it until dottme pointed out the other one is why I was sort of wondering why there wasn’t any buzz going on about it

The trailer is a perfect sign of what’s to come. It looks like it’s up to par with the first one. TTYD was fun too, but it was kind of lacking a precise direction and definitely had some problem areas I could point out on the spot. Kind of lacked cohesion

But as far as I can tell with The Origami King, it doesn’t seem to have missed a beat. I wonder who the old allies will be that they spoke of? Also hoping & wondering if Luigi will play a part in the adventure too

It's one of my most anticipated games of this year now.
Can't wait

Top Bottom