• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld: Modders and Devs show evidence that the game copies Pokémon (Up: evidence faked, confirmed as hoax)

Holammer

Have you read the tweet? The meshes are 1:1,this is impossible without copying directly.
30a.jpeg

Let this be a lesson in critical thinking.

A.Romero

Some random devs making a game that seems to be good and there is people that actually want them to be shut down by a billion dollar company?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a big overlap with the kind of people that sometimes bitch about how gaming has gone to shit.

I bet they don't even understand how those views just don't match.

Disgraceful.

RayHell

I don't get Pokemon fandom. Game Freak and The Pokémon Company is a cancer exploiting people addiction to generate billions and giving back buggy PS2 quality level games. Now that there's something that can shake things up, they take the big corporation side and try to burn the competitor the the ground. Fanaticism is the architech of the humanity own pain.

I don't get Pokemon fandom. Game Freak and The Pokémon Company is a cancer exploiting people addiction to generate billions and giving back buggy PS2 quality level games.

I know nothing about Pokemon. What I did know is that the graphics look like dog shit. But I figured there must be something more to it that I just don't see. having crappy Graphics was part of the design maybe. Part of the aura.

Good to know that I wasn't wrong, it really is just crappy ps2 graphics for no real reason.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So many people trying to find a way for PalWorld to fail, or be guilty of something.

The truth is that a small, agile team of hungry individuals can accomplish more than a team of thousands stuck in big corporate iterating incrementally.

Codeblew

So many people trying to find a way for PalWorld to fail, or be guilty of something.

The truth is that a small, agile team of hungry individuals can accomplish more than a team of thousands stuck in big corporate iterating incrementally.
Your last sentence pretty much says it all. There is so much waist in corporate environments. Small teams are very much more agile. And I don't mean that in the Scrum "agile" sense.

Last edited:
The combined mob attack from Twitter warriors, journos, and developers is disgusting. Palworld takes heavy inspiration from other games (Pokemon, Fortnite) like everyone else. The accusations of plagiarism are nonsense. Temtem is another Pokemonlike that released recently and is available on Nintendo Switch. But that one was not as successful, and nothing triggers pathetic losers more than success.

Sakura

Fuckin' lol

Palworld really has ruffled a lot of feathers.
It was obvious it was bullshit from the beginning. Even if they hadn't been scaled to match, the meshes were clearly different.
Too many people who don't understand anything about 3d modelling I guess.
$10K budget? I don't understand how you can even run a company one month on that. Did all the devs work for free? Or are salaries incredibly low in Japan? I don't think so right...?
It's just a shitty translation. The game didn't have a 10k budget and they didn't hire a middle schooler either for that matter.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

I didn't see this posted here, but apparently this guy from the op was lying!!

TbSItjE.png

Edit: Draugoth Draugoth , you might want to add this to the OP
This is incredibly stupid. Scaling a model has no bearing on whether the proof is fabricated. The devs can just rip and just change the dimensions in 5 seconds to make it look different. The actual topology/shape is what matters. If Draugoth Draugoth really changed the title for this you've been played my friend.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

This is incredibly stupid. Scaling a model has no bearing on whether the proof is fabricated. The devs can just rip and just change the dimensions in 5 seconds to make it look different. The actual topology/shape is what matters. If Draugoth Draugoth really changed the title for this you've been played my friend.
If Nintendo's lawyers haven't sent a cease and desist notice, then that should be enough to speak for itself. Plus the Twitter guy actually admitted to have a motive for trashing Palworld, so....

Top Bottom