• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. That's only two Widowmaker shots.

Easy to take down with snipers. I think the distance they see enemies is too far and they also instantly shoot as soon as you even walk a pixel outta cover. It makes them too powerful.

Thats assuming a) you have a competent widowmaker and b) its not in a wanky position where you're looking at best a trade or 2/3 attempts to get it down, they're too much of a pull on resources as they are

Something needs doing as its better standalone than some characters

Edit personally I think it should only have a 90degree turn and the range nerfed, it should be a about lane denial not complete map

peakish

Yes. I realize that. But kills were registering when she poster wasn't firing, as well.

Eliminations are not really "kills" but contributions to kills, so any damage made to the target. Maybe the gravity well counts even if no additional damage is dealt by Zarya? Would be neat.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Well they're called eliminations not kills and multiple people (not sure if there's a cap) can get credited for one elimination.
Didn't know you could get multi kills through sharing damage with other people. That explains it.

Awesome video, by the way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Didn't know you could get multi kills through sharing damage with other people. That explains it.

Awesome video, by the way.

They rate the amount you've contributed to the kill as well. That's why you see a number popping under the kill confirmation.

Mupod

Is Zenyatta's Orb of Discord supposed to magically go through walls? Cause it happens to me all the time.

He probably tagged you when you poked out for a second. I mash it like crazy to find people who are just barely peeking around corners, track flanking Tracers, etc.

I love Zarya, but it's so hard to play solo. When I barrier friendlies, they hide for cover(?). When I spam, 'my ultimate is ready', nobody replies. You need a hanzo or junkrat or tracer or pharah or anyone with a killable ultimate at your side. Sometimes i feel I do extremely well, me playing Zarya actually winning the game. Sometimes I get zero eliminations and I just get wrecked until I switched to another character.

When's a good time to use Zarya? Whom does she actually counter? Genji, maybe, but genji is too quick. I almost feel Zarya could use a buff; let her own barrier last a little longer, or decrease the time between barriers, or make her ammunition last longer between reloads.

You see all the people in here bitching about mass Torbjorn? Try her out against that and laugh. Watch out for Reinhardt because his shield shuts down most of what you do, but overall she's good against everyone.

2 seconds of shield time isn't enough for anyone to 'go in'. You need to use her shields almost like a parry for fire that's already incoming. Get used to delaying your shield to ensure you get some charge off of it - eventually people don't shoot it quite as readily, but even against good players I can maintain high charge.

As for ultimate combos, yeah that's something you generally need communication for. I've done Zarya combos with randoms but I had to, you know, talk to them. That said a lot of the time I teamwipe by myself no problem. Full charge, wait for your shield to come up and make sure Reinhardt is dead or shield broken, drop the gravity and go nuts with the alt fire or primary depending how many are in there. Make sure Mercy gets zapped first and remember they can still shoot/flashbang you.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Eliminations are not really "kills" but contributions to kills, so any damage made to the target. Maybe the gravity well counts even if no additional damage is dealt by Zarya? Would be neat.

Her ult does do a little bit of damage to those caught in it, so they'll count as eliminations for her as well if they're taken down.

Great use of it in the video, btw. PayOffWizard indeed :)

PatjuhR

They rate the amount you've contributed to the kill as well. That's why you see a number popping under the kill confirmation.

About that. shouldn't they change the kill cam to the person who did you the most damage? Because it happens quite a lot that I'm in a battle with someone only to get fineshed of by a single shot from Soldier 76 or something. Not interesting to see his killcam with "Eliminated PatjuhR" with 2 behind it or something.

I wanna see the person who did the most damage.

LiK

Thats assuming a) you have a competent widowmaker and b) its not in a wanky position where you're looking at best a trade or 2/3 attempts to get it down, they're too much of a pull on resources as they are

Something needs doing as its better standalone than some characters

Edit personally I think it should only have a 90degree turn and the range nerfed, it should be a about lane denial not complete map

There should also be a drop off. It can take down Pharahs way too easily from any angle. It's def way too strong. You barely need to shoot as Torbjorn unless people get too close.

peakish

Her ult does do a little bit of damage to those caught in it, so they'll count as eliminations for her as well if they're taken down.

Great use of it in the video, btw. PayOffWizard indeed :)
Ah, cool, did not know it does a bit of damage by itself too. Thanks!

Pooya

Destroyed 3 teleporters, didn't get the achievement :(

the 3rd one was with D.va ult, I guess that didn't count.... so frustrating, this one is hard to get too.

PatjuhR

In my opionion it needs to be that strong because it's easy to take down.

If there is a good widowmaker on opposition it's almost best to just switch away from Torbjorn.

LiK

Destroyed 3 teleporters, didn't get the achievement :(

the 3rd one was with D.va ult, I guess that didn't count.... so frustrating, this one is hard to get too.

That's pretty lame. It should register if you destroy any of the three. I agree, I only destroyed two at most. Gotta be fucking lucky or hope the team has two Symms to make it easier.

Antiwhippy

About that. shouldn't they change the kill cam to the person who did you the most damage? Because it happens quite a lot that I'm in a battle with someone only to get fineshed of by a single shot from Soldier 76 or something. Not interesting to see his killcam with "Eliminated PatjuhR" with 2 behind it or something.

I wanna see the person who did the most damage.

Maybe, but they could have just damaged you 2/3 of the way but then ran elsewhere to do something else so you don't really see your killshot.

If only there was a long range sniper who did 150 damage.

I'm not saying there isn't a counter but it's entirely possible to have to engage the turret within its auto aim range due to no angles. A Pharah needs 3 direct hits and a widowmaker 2 fully charged ones, both have 100 less health. You also have the other 6 opposite team members to consider

PatjuhR

I'm not saying there isn't a counter but it's entirely possible to have to engage the turret within its auto aim range due to no angles. A Pharah needs 3 direct hits and a widowmaker 2 fully charged ones, both have 100 less health

It can only fire at one enemy at a time tho

Antiwhippy

Zarya pretty much requires another teammates ult that can go through rein's shield right? I feel like wherever she pops it and I get trapped in it I just put up a shield and my whole team came out pretty alright.

Probably could do the same with Winston, DVa and genji too.

Ken

maybe for support sombra can fire rounds that disable turrets and turret heroes and blizzard wizards and cowboys and autoaim and martyrdom passive and cowboys and

Pooya

I think Reinhardt can even boost out of it if he does it fast enough too.

I hope Sombra is a sniper for people that suck at playing widow, a sniper character that can actually help the team even if the player sucks at sniping itself, it would help the game a lot...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm not saying there isn't a counter but it's entirely possible to have to engage the turret within its auto aim range due to no angles. A Pharah needs 3 direct hits and a widowmaker 2 fully charged ones, both have 100 less health
Toblerone turrets are nearly useless just pick junkrat,pharah, hanzo, widow (Hell I think you can grapple, shoot, shoot and die to take it out if its not facing you), d.va, tracer, rein, you know what I looked at the hero cast and every single damn one of them can kill the turret via poking.

Poyunch

I think Reinhardt can even boost out of it if he does it fast enough too.

I hope Sombra is a sniper for people that suck at playing widow, a sniper character that can actually help the team even if the player sucks at sniping itself, it would help the game a lot...

I've definitely escaped out of it as Tracer.

spiritfox

Non Moltern Core turrets are easy to take down unless you're surrounded by other enemies. Frankly I would rather see a buff so it does more damage, just saying as a former Engie main.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Non Moltern Core turrets are easy to take down unless you're surrounded by other enemies. Frankly I would rather see a buff so it does more damage, just saying as a former Engie main.
A slight damage boost or more armor would be okay I thin, the part is how he works in pub matches who can't coordinate (Suddenly molten core and entire team has +75 Armor which is a huge deal). If he gets run over then he has 0 scrap and no molten core and is completely useless. So it's feast or famine really.

Small hitbox for a usually 275hp character with armor + a fantastic primary and alt fire weapon.

People severely underrate his offensive capability.

Ketch

genji is also great against turrets.

torb pretty much sucks. I like to play him a lot, but anytime people just decide to focus my turrets they go down super easy and it takes forever to build one up to lvl 2 in order to use your ult.

like i'm pretty sure if someone is just poking at your turret you'll never be able to get it upgraded because you'll just be healing up the damage.

PatjuhR

torb pretty much sucks. I like to play him a lot, but anytime people just decide to focus my turrets they go down super easy and it takes forever to build one up to lvl 2 in order to use your ult.

like i'm pretty sure if someone is just poking at your turret you'll never be able to get it upgraded because you'll just be healing up the damage.

You can also put one down when you do your ult. With your faster hammer swimming you have it to lvl 2 in no time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

I'm sad I didn't stream my offensive Torb game on Volskaya where I got gold damage / eliminations.
I don't play him on defense

Jinjo

A damage buff really? A double Torbjorn can already be an incredible pain in the ass to deal with in pubs, especially on console.

spiritfox

A slight damage boost or more armor would be okay I thin, the part is how he works in pub matches who can't coordinate (Suddenly molten core and entire team has +75 Armor which is a huge deal). If he gets run over then he has 0 scrap and no molten core and is completely useless. So it's feast or famine really.

Small hitbox for a usually 275hp character with armor + a fantastic primary and alt fire weapon.

People severely underrate his offensive capability.

Torb without his turret is pretty underestimated. I get so many kills just by shooting in the general direction of the enemy, plus his shotgun melts tanks. The main thing I would change is slightly nerfing Moltern Core (less HP for both him and his turret most likely), and adjusting the turret so maybe it tracks slower but is slightly more powerful. Maybe lowering his armor to 50 if it's too much?

A damage buff really? A double Torbjorn can already be an incredible pain in the ass to deal with in pubs, especially on console.

Mostly speaking from the PC side, but most games I play now don't have any problems with turrets anymore. I have seen people destroy point B of Anubis even with 2 Torbs. Maybe it's different on console, but Blizzard will be balancing them differently anyway.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Honestly static defense can go screw itself. I want a legitimate Overwatch match which means no McCree, no good tracers, no pro widows, no good genjis. HONEST FPS GAMEPLAY
They do 56dps right now. Just shoot them behind a Rein shield on top of using any hero to kill them. It's not like a Bastion's 300 DPS which kills you instantly.

Lupercal

Banned
I'm sad I didn't stream my offensive Torb game on Volskaya where I got gold damage / eliminations.
I don't play him on defense

A good Torn can still do damage but if some people focus on him he gets shut down.

TORB needs a buff if anything.

Nioret

I believe Torb is fine as is, and infact I think far too many people underestimate the level 1 turret. It's great when you want to play offensive. For those that played TF2, it's a similar playstyle to the mini-sentry engy.

Started messing around as other characters last night and like Mercy a lot. But ooooof, Mercy damage buff + Bastion turret is LETHAL on defence. Was doing that between healing the team (and Bastion) and by the time they finally broke through, there were only 30 seconds or so left.

Something tells me the people downplaying torb are on PC where good Genji/Widow/Hanzos are more abundant and where reacting and hitting the turret is easier.

It's pretty dumb that he has the turret which is stupidly good against offense/support characters + it having more health than either class, then on foot he's fucking deadly on his own.

Then he taps into is ult which gives him tank levels of health, reaper rof on his higher damage shotty, the ability to armor up the team for free, and that turret might as well be indestructible because of the dps it puts out and the increase repair rate negating any potential damage you do to its obscene health.

His toolset seems way too deep for the short cooldowns he has. He's a no-brainer pick on any defense map at almost zero risk. I would keep the turret damage but lower its health to 250 and the targeting range slightly. I'd also make his alt fire incapable of one shotting, it should be able to two shot if I hits someone in the head but he shouldn't be able to out-shotgun reaper unless he's ulting.

Jinjo

They do 56dps right now. Just shoot them behind a Rein shield on top of using any hero to kill them. It's not like a Bastion's 300 DPS which kills you instantly.

I know how to kill it, but by pubs I meant solo-queue. More often than not you just don't have the teammates to understand how to go up against two Torbjorns.

I feel Bastion's turrets are supereasy to solo as Genji.

Zaventem

I think the gravity does minor damage?, I have to test it out again.

Jinjo

Mostly speaking from the PC side, but most games I play now don't have any problems with turrets anymore. I have seen people destroy point B of Anubis even with 2 Torbs. Maybe it's different on console, but Blizzard will be balancing them differently anyway.

Yeah, I can get that. The tracking of the turret is just so fast for console/controller play. This would offcourse be less of a problem on PC. As long as I am playing with atleast one buddy it's fine, but sometimes you can just get locked down by a Torb when you have a (less than) mediocre team.

D.Va seems to help for me in solo-shutting down a Torb-lock as of late though. As soon as you break through Torb is pretty much done until the next check/chokepoint and if you're quick he loses all utility. Which probably is his main issue. If you got the choke he is amazing, but as soon as you start running behind the rest of the play he sucks immensely.

I must say I too am not happy with the engagement range and damn near instant targeting ability of the turret. But I'm cranky after coming from a decade of TF2, and I suppose Tracer would counter it too hard if it had any real delay to targeting. I'd probably leave it as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom