• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocaloch

People still complaining about bastion? Mei is the true God of salt.

I don't think Mei is OP or anything, but good god is she annoying to play against. Especially when the other team has multiples. She also has the bonus of being able to screw over her own teammates, which happens to me at least once every third game with a mei. My favorite example being walled in the right hallway next to the B point on Anubis with a Reinhart, Mercy and Creed.

Blizzard

Banned
*searches for game*

*gets game*

*joins*

match ends 1 second after i fucking join it, couldnt even spawn.

geeze blizzard, i know you want me to down my win rate to 50% but this shit is ridiculous.
Does it still count for stats and winrate if you join at the end of a match?

Zaventem

About this talk of new maps and modes, blizzard once said they were against team death match but what if it's a team of the same heroes on both sides picked randomly? Wouod that work for this game?

As far as the Tracer counter Roadhog is hard for her to kill, you can snatch her with the hook, you can heal yourself, her ultimate won't kill a fully healed Roadhog,

abundant

It's kind of funny to see people still complaining about Bastion and Torbjorn, because the last few days, we've been pairing up with some good groups and if you think those two are a pain in the ass to deal with, I hope for your sake you never run into a McCree, Reaper, Widowmaker, or Zarya that knows what they are doing.

Blizzard

Banned
About this talk of new maps and modes, blizzard once said they were against team death match but what if it's a team of the same heroes on both sides picked randomly? Wouod that work for this game?
Kind of like the All-For-One mode League occasionally does, it depends on the champs.

10 McGrees or 10 Windowmakers might be fun, but 10 dwarves or 10 Reinhardt's would probably be more frustrating than fun.

Man Winston's bubble shield is so pathetic. You pop it up thinking alright, now my team can push a little harder....

and_it_s_gone_by_celeith-d5div3y.jpg

Winston in general needs a buff IMO.

_Legacy_

Hells no, imagine getting a Mercy or Lucio? GG no kills (or very very little). I personally think CTF would work on this, with the flag holder unable to use skills or get buffs (could be troublesome with a Lucio boosting your running speed).

Flintty

Reaper vs Tracer

1vs1

How can Reaper win?

I gradually put my sensitivity up (Xbox) and then found I was quick enough to spin and shoot her in the back of the head when she jumped through me. It doesn't always work but I'm a lot better now.

I'm rank #67 Reinhardt apparently. Fucking pleased with that but I'm gonna stop checking or else I'll start caring about stats and I'll get angry (more) easily lol.

B.O.O.M

Sifl

I feel like 90% of the time when there's a Widowmaker/Hanzo on your team or the enemies it's the equivalent of being down 1 person. Ive run into maybe 10 of them that just wrecked shit.

fhqwhgads

Man Winston's bubble shield is so pathetic. You pop it up thinking alright, now my team can push a little harder....

Winston in general needs a buff IMO.
You gotta learn the bubble isn't meant for dealing with groups, but to give Winston an edge in 1 v 1 battles. It breaks easily if you're charging head first into a group of people, but it's still worth using if you're running low on health and you need an extra second or so for your jump to recharge.

While I'm at it, people need to learn Winston's Ult isn't for getting kills, it's just his usual game plan but in a much much harder way to deal with. Plus the knockback he causes can be absolute turmoil on stages like Ilios and Nepal that have a lot of death pits.

Two Words

To those that are sick of Tracer's recall ability, how about this as a redesign? Her recall becomes associated with the amount of blinks she has. If she has 0 blinks, she can't recall. If she has 1 blink, she can recall 1.5 seconds. If she has 2 recalls, she can recall 3 seconds. If she has 3 blinks, she can recall 4.5 seconds. There would still be a cooldown on her recall ability that is separate. This would allow her to have a greater recall ability, but not be able to excessively use blinks and recalls in tandem.

MUnited83

For you.
Reaper vs Tracer

1vs1

How can Reaper win?

By hoping Tracer is dumb. Otherwise, no dice.

To those that are sick of Tracer's recall ability, how about this as a redesign? Her recall becomes associated with the amount of blinks she has. If she has 0 blinks, she can't recall. If she has 1 blink, she can recall 1.5 seconds. If she has 2 recalls, she can recall 3 seconds. If she has 3 blinks, she can recall 4.5 seconds. There would still be a cooldown on her recall ability that is separate. This would allow her to have a greater recall ability, but not be able to excessively use blinks and recalls in tandem.

I would be ok with this. As it is, the recall ability is too much of a "get out jail" free card with no disadvantages.

LogicStep

Are there no PS4 streams? All I see is PC. I only have a ps4 to play.. I'm so on the fence if I should get it or not.. kinda want doom as well but damn..

Grassy

I can't stop using Pharah, I'm absolutely wrecking fools with her. Nice little touch how my Razer mouse changes colour to match the Hero I choose as well.

Two Words

I can't stop using Pharah, I'm absolutely wrecking fools with her. Nice little touch how my Razer mouse changes colour to match the Hero I choose as well.

I'm so sick of people running from Pharah. She is a lot squishier than she looks. Especially if you are using a character with a hitscan weapon.

Zaventem

Man that's overly complicated. All I want is for recall ro leave a trace like blink.

Wanderer5

Ugh I can't decide if I want to get El Blanco for Reaper or Machqueen for Pharah. Depends if I want to switch out of Plague Doctor or Anubis lol.

_Legacy_

sucks when ur team is THAT BAD when you cant even get the payload to start moving

I've been there, really annoying. Tends to happen when I pick support and the offensive picks all decide to play TDM instead. I've literally seen some bypass the objective just to chase a couple of potential kills. I mean, I could understand if they were focusing on a fleeing Bastion but the way I see it, if they flee, that's a chance to push the objective a bit and get going

Any GAFers wanna play? I haven't had a chance to get a lot of people together on one team working together and want to see what it's like.

Alucard#1517 for anyone interested!

LiK

Man, playing against another group sucks. cuz you'll end up with some MLG dudes who destroy you and know all their tactics when you just wanna have casual fun with your own group.

idonteven

this game is giving me the worst teams ever !!! holy shit dude learn to capture the point dont fucking snipe outside the zone with hanzo or widow

i wish you could kick people for sucking and playing the game like team deathmatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom