• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2's "auto-purchase" bug has been fixed but Blizzard still won't issue refunds

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Blizzard has resolved an issue where players were accidentally making store purchases whilst using in-game chat, but is allegedly not issuing refunds to those affected.

As shared on the Overwatch subreddit community, Dracyoshi reports that whilst "chatting with some friends while browsing the hero gallery", the game "unexpectedly began unlocking Junnker Queen's Plutonium skin".

As they'd been writing a message in chat at the time, they weren't able to cancel the purchase before it completed.

The poster believes it's caused by "a bug where text typed into the chat is occasionally misinterpreted by the game [as] input for navigating the menu" and Blizzard seemingly concurs, as the issue has now been resolved.

However, after getting in touch with Blizzard and explaining what happened, the developer refused to refund the 300 legacy credits, insisting that "all those unlocks are meant to be final", adding "if you believe there was a problem with the game which caused this to happen, please be sure to provide feedback via our forums". And that was it.

The hotfix issued on 7th October has seemingly resolved the issue, but the OP says they still haven't been refunded and "doubt they ever will be".

Overwatch 2,the game that just keep giving.

it's not spending real money. it's in game currency. you've already gave blizzard the money or earned it which is why it's not refundable. alright they should give you those coins back but whatever.

it's shitty but it's blown out of proportion. suck it up and move on. if you card was charged then it's a different story. you're playing the game and agreeing to their rules. deal with it.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
it's not spending real money. it's in game currency. you've already gave blizzard the money or earned it which is why it's not refundable. alright they should give you those coins back but whatever.

it's shitty but it's blown out of proportion. suck it up and move on. if you card was charged then it's a different story. you're playing the game and agreeing to their rules. deal with it.
You are defending them taking in-game currency that they charge real money for because it is OK to have bug that forces the transaction without the user's knowledge because why, because you suck corporate cock and defend any shit move a company makes because user agreement?

They are being lazy cunts and should be called out for it not defended like you owe them one.

GreatnessRD

Wish I had a time machine to go back in 2005 and tell myself how shit gaming would become. Wonder what my reaction would've been? Shit, the Devs and Publishers today are trash, lol.

Fuz

Banned

Fucking corp simps.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

MhTSTPV.jpg

Top Bottom