• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders Delayed until 2021

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
35lqnh5xrfb51.png

But in all seriousness, this looks like it could have some neat things in it but they have done a terrible job of hyping this game up as anything more than a weird Destiny clone. Delaying it out of the holiday blood bath that occurs every year is smart.

MiguelItUp

Ah, so that update someone mentioned about the release changing to February on Amazon or something was right!

Still not sure how I feel about this game though. It just looks... fine to me, I guess.

at this point, no one should be surprised at delays anymore. Its hard making games from home.
Yup. Communication is an issue for so many people, especially in games. Distance doesn't help this at all.

The Shepard

I thought this looks pretty good. Get some remnant from the ashes vibes with a bit higher budget and that game pleasantly supprised me. Its a bit crowded around Xmas so best to release it when it's got some time to breathe and hopefully gets some extra sales because if it. Its the danger zone around Xmas, not many games survive and live to tell the tale.

MrS

Banned
Looks terrible and I’m glad it’s delayed. Should be delayed for longer if we’re being truthful.

Last edited:
This was so obvious. The fact that it was slated for holiday and still didn't have a date made it clear for weeks now that it was getting pushed to next year.

Ah, so that update someone mentioned about the release changing to February on Amazon or something was right!

Still not sure how I feel about this game though. It just looks... fine to me, I guess.

Yup. Communication is an issue for so many people, especially in games. Distance doesn't help this at all.

yeah, its really the communication part. Even the tools. Like my job in software now is totally doable remotely cause its all essentially accessible via sites. Then we do meetings in slack or teams.

But just imagine having to do MO-CAP now. How do you even do that without having to go in the office with a whole bunch of other people. Some parts are of games are just impossible to do remotely.

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
To the surprise of absolutely no one. It still didn’t have a launch date and it’s October.

MiguelItUp

yeah, its really the communication part. Even the tools. Like my job in software now is totally doable remotely cause its all essentially accessible via sites. Then we do meetings in slack or teams.

But just imagine having to do MO-CAP now. How do you even do that without having to go in the office with a whole bunch of other people. Some parts are of games are just impossible to do remotely.
At my second game industry job, the company grew fairly quickly. So we ended up getting a couple more locations. At first QA was housed with direction, devs, and production. But moving meant isolating QA at a different location with our support team. I was (surprisingly) one of the very few people that pushed against the separation, but I could only do so much. Man, the amount of communication issues that followed were both sad and hysterical.

Oh yeah man, that's a great point. Honestly I can't even image how that stuff is handled. Usually with scheduling and planning it's pretty effortless, but when you aren't at a location regularly. Eeeeeesh.

Have a feeling this will be doa. Squares Avengers title has pretty much flopped as hard as it could given the license. What hope does this generic looking game with an even more generic sounding title have?

At my second game industry job, the company grew fairly quickly. So we ended up getting a couple more locations. At first QA was housed with direction, devs, and production. But moving meant isolating QA at a different location with our support team. I was (surprisingly) one of the very few people that pushed against the separation, but I could only do so much. Man, the amount of communication issues that followed were both sad and hysterical.

Oh yeah man, that's a great point. Honestly I can't even image how that stuff is handled. Usually with scheduling and planning it's pretty effortless, but when you aren't at a location regularly. Eeeeeesh.

Yeah, not being right beside people is just not the same.

Neolombax

That's a shame. Was actually quite looking forward to this game despite being extremely skeptical about it in the first place. The last few gameplay videos really got me interested in this game.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
After avengers take all the time to make this destiny knock off as destiny knock off it can be.

Top Bottom