• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

Saphirax

I want all of them. I'm so glad Sanada of the Crimson Flame and Variable Barricade are on PS4 as well. Makes it more likely they'll come over once Vita isn't viable anymore.

Hopefully they won't be trash!

Is there still hope for Morioka to get a route in CxM FD? No? :(

jzbluz

The characters in the Italian mafia title don't look like they belong to the time period the game is based on.

I'm so glad Sanada of the Crimson Flame and Variable Barricade are on PS4 as well. Makes it more likely they'll come over once Vita isn't viable anymore.

Hopefully they won't be trash!
(

I'm thinking the same thing. Why else would those in specific be multi platform while the other new titles are Vita only?

ss-hikaru

I did my first playthrough of Period Cube. I wasn't expecting much since people around here said it wasn't great as well as the plot description (my brother is missing! must search for him in a game! Where I am the strongest sword?!). I got a terribly anticlimatic ending XD Things were happening, plot was moving then suddenly black, my character can't see anything, can't feel anything....GAME OVER. It was just so abrupt. Apparently my "amadeus level" wasn't high enough which I think refers to the affection I was meant to have with the guy who's route I was on. Which I thought a bit odd since every time I was given a dialogue option with him this glowy thing would appear which I thought meant I chose the right answer. I guess I made the wrong battle choices and once I got the glowy thing with a different guy...

I find the mc a bit annoying because she keeps apologising and I have to keep skipping through multiple dialogue boxes of her apologising and the guys all saying stop blaming yourself. And the battles are sloooow because of the way they use effects. But I'll use a guide to complete the game now. Need to solve the real mystery of why
med students are genius programmers/hackers :p

ShyMel

The Amadeus and affection levels are two separate scales in Period Cube. I think the former is changed by choices during battles while the latter is done like other otome games.

ss-hikaru

The Amadeus and affection levels are two separate scales in Period Cube. I think the former is changed by choices during battles while the latter is done like other otome games.

Oh I see. Since my job was Minstrel and since the game kept beating me over the head with how weak my character was level wise I usually chose to use my harp or observe, guess those were the wrong choices :p

I'm thinking from now on I might just follow a guide from the beginning. I got really lucky with my first otome game (Amnesia) as I got Kent's true end no problem, Toma's true end with only one save reload (curiosity got the better of me and I chose what I suspected was the wrong choice haha) and Shin's normal (better than true imo) end before turning to a guide. Going through Shin's route again was a pain so I decided with Code:Realise I'd just do one blind playthrough then use a guide. And I managed to get Victor's good end first go so that was lucky too. But man I'm on Astrum's route and I got like a non-end and thinking about having to go through all his dialogue again.... I guess I'm too lazy for these types of games but still want to play them XD Thank god for auto.

Saphirax

The characters in the Italian mafia title don't look like they belong to the time period the game is based on.

I'm thinking the same thing. Why else would those in specific be multi platform while the other new titles are Vita only?

Probably testing the waters. Otomate clearly wants to move to PS4 but putting everything on the platform might be risky.

Oh I see. Since my job was Minstrel and since the game kept beating me over the head with how weak my character was level wise I usually chose to use my harp or observe, guess those were the wrong choices :p

I'm thinking from now on I might just follow a guide from the beginning. I got really lucky with my first otome game (Amnesia) as I got Kent's true end no problem, Toma's true end with only one save reload (curiosity got the better of me and I chose what I suspected was the wrong choice haha) and Shin's normal (better than true imo) end before turning to a guide. Going through Shin's route again was a pain so I decided with Code:Realise I'd just do one blind playthrough then use a guide. And I managed to get Victor's good end first go so that was lucky too. But man I'm on Astrum's route and I got like a non-end and thinking about having to go through all his dialogue again.... I guess I'm too lazy for these types of games but still want to play them XD Thank god for auto.

Just use the skip function. Works much better than auto.

febLey

I need your help, because I'm not familiar with this genre: My girlfriend is looking for a good otome game, she loved Mystic Messenger on her smartphone. Platform doesn't matter.

Shizuka

I need your help, because I'm not familiar with this genre: My girlfriend is looking for a good otome game, she loved Mystic Messenger on her smartphone. Platform doesn't matter.

81-IpqRkkNL._AC_SL1477_.jpg

Some of my favorites:

Vita:
Code: Realize
Collar x Malice

PSP (playable on Vita?):
Sweet Fuse

Steam:
Nightshade

I'm not super big on mobile otome, I'm messing around with Lost Alice but mostly for the dress up doll/item collection aspects.

jonjonaug

Sweet Fuse, Hatoful Boyfriend, Code Realize, Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome (out tomorrow).

ss-hikaru

I went into Period Cube with pretty low expectations, thought it would be a not-that-great game but it ended up being a pretty terrible game XD I did like the Hiroya and
Libera
routes and Radius was ok as well. I found Astrum annoying but man his was awesome compared to Demento, Zain and the true route. I know it was pretty obvious where the game was going when they not so subtly point out early on that
you and your bro are not blood related
but it was still ugh.

I tried the Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome demo and it's really funny, but I'm not feeling either of the boys as Ema's romantic partners at all. At this point I actually prefer that they get on with each other...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Remake of the first Haruka naru Toki no Naka de just got announced: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/592/1592254/

Would be awesome to get this localized. I watched through the anime when it came out years back, but it got confusing when the other 2 sequels came out as OVAs, and never told a full story. It was a given that each sequel seemed to be a re-imagining with a new cast, but kind of threw me off, since the first series was fleshed out so much better. I'd love to pick up the games.

Was just about to ask if there were any new otome games announced at TGS. My friends were talking about some things that were already announced a few weeks ago.

BTA

Don't wanna double post in the CxM OT, but I wanna update to say I really loved Mineo's route and also enjoyed Kei's though not as much. Working on Takeru's now; trying to finish up before V3 in a week but it might be tough.

Also Kazuki owns the Ikea lamp I own in real life and it's messing with me. According to one of my Twitter followers his computer "desk" is just an Ikea dining room table they own as well.

Saphirax

That's excellent news! :D
I have been wondering when they were going to announce the release date.

It’s a few days before PSX too and they did say they’d announce it this year. That’s how they announced Kyoto Winds as well.

Then I can continue hoping IFI will bring more otome such as Wand of Fortune R 1&2!

BTA

Do we know when we're getting Future Blessings relative to Bouquet of Rainbows? I sorta just assumed it might be cancelled in favor of BoR at this point, so it'd be a nice surprise to still get it (and I'm assuming that'd be first?). Though I've convinced some friends to get BoR already, so it coming out soon would be nice for them, hah.

In other news, I finished V3 so I'm back to CxM. Very close to finishing up Yanagi's route and therefore the game...

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Do we know when we're getting Future Blessings relative to Bouquet of Rainbows? I sorta just assumed it might be cancelled in favor of BoR at this point, so it'd be a nice surprise to still get it (and I'm assuming that'd be first?). Though I've convinced some friends to get BoR already, so it coming out soon would be nice for them, hah.

In other news, I finished V3 so I'm back to CxM. Very close to finishing up Yanagi's route and therefore the game...

Haha naw, everything is still coming Code: Realize wise~

Our marketing guys will make mention of things in the future when we're ready to formally make comment :)

BTA

Haha naw, everything is still coming Code: Realize wise~

Our marketing guys will make mention of things in the future when we're ready to formally make comment :)

I'll be looking forward to it! As will those PS4-having friends, unless they cave and end up getting a Vita TV first, hah.

Shizuka

Saphirax

I thought some of the Chaos;Child reviews were bad. But this BAW one takes the cake:

But none of that bothers me as much the fact that in nearly every scenario, Rinka’s chosen companion becomes her love interest. I loved her first story I played and its romantic ending. When it happened again with the second character, I was disappointed, especially since this scenario felt really forced. The third time it happened, I was annoyed. I didn’t flinch when it happened in additional playthroughs. Is that all Rinka is good for in this school—to hook up with someone? She can’t be just a friend or maybe a mentor to someone? While yes, there is an unbreakable rule about loving someone, does it have to be her every time?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/12/bad-apple-wars-review/#/slide/1

Who would’ve thought, an otome game is in fact an otome game.

BTA

I wonder if it'll be hard to find BAW after release such that it's worth buying now? It looks like both Norn9 and Code Realize are still available for cheaper price than at launch, which probably means it's worth holding off on BAW for a bit and buying it later down the line. Though I feel like if I do that I'll probably never get around to doing so and might miss out on a good game.

...in that note, is it worth playing Norn9 at some point? I actually own it but I've never heard a positive impression of it.

Top Bottom