• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Heavenly Sword Thread - Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads

Crow-kun said:
How does the game get knocked for not having online options?

I don't know, a leadeboard might be nice. Although the leaderboard for the NGS demo just plain scared me. Even so, it seems more like a feature you would praise for being included, rather than knock for being absent.

DuckRacer

Crow-kun said:
How does the game get knocked for not having online options?
Well, I do think a leaderboard would be nice, same with online co-op as well (though that wouldn't be something where you can flip a switch and it works). I think the biggest problem with the game is the lack of depth – if the single player story was 10-12+ hours instead of 6, and if it had some worthwhile unlockables (or other incentives to play through it again like different endings), there wouldn't be as many people complaining.

Angelcurio

I have had a couple of unexpected problems in the last two weeks, and even though i will be receiving my paycheck tomorrow, i dont think that i will have money to buy any game in the next two weeks :(

And i know that as soon as i get some money i could spare, the money will be spent on WoWhawk first, Heavenly Sword and Lair will have to wait until mid September =/

tanod

when is my burrito
XHitoshuraX said:
IN FACT, MODS CAN YOU LOCK THIS

Dude, calm down. Just PM a mod and they can change the thread title for you. It's really no big deal. Don't worry so much about it being stickied either. It's really not important one way or the other. From all your posts in this thread, it's sounding like you're trying too hard. You might want to lurk more and see how other threads on GAF are done/handled. You're still pretty new so I would say go a little easier on the new threads button for a while.

The Heavenly Sword demo was friggin' awesome! Every move of the combat is deliberate and satisfying. I love it and I'm picking it up day 1. Woohoo! Not long now.

Nariko looks fucking hawt

DuckRacer

XHitoshuraX said:
PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD

THE COMPLETED VERSION OF THIS THREADS OP WILL BE POSTED IN A NEW (BETTER NAMED) TOPIC

THANKS!
WTF? Just ask a mod to change the title, and edit your post with stuff you want to add or change. It's not going to bite you.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Got 35 down for this so far. This FRI I'm gonna add 25 more to the PSN account to buy Warhawk and SPF2XHD. Can't wait for this. Still debating on LAIR.

tanod

when is my burrito
OP looks great. :D

I think that when my wife or my best friend comes over to see both Heavenly Sword and Lair playing on the HDTV, their jaws are gonna drop. That alone is worth picking them up. Needless to say, I'm excited about playing both of them.

Oh man...I would love a jump button so much. This is just general complaining but I thought it would be a faster game. The movements are to slow in my opinion, ninja gaiden style would have been nice with some magic to *drool*

I hope they really push this games sequel.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Nice work with the OP

The reasons why I bought a PS3 are starting to come to fruition.

First Warhawk, then this, followed by Uncharted and GTprologue all this year.

:D

Dizzan

MINI Member
With the thread title..... What about "heaven is in our hands" instead of under our feet? Just a suggestion

Firewire

Banned
This releasing soon & Wowhawk already out with Lair on the horizon, fuck! my gf doesn't stand a chance unless I get super horny! :lol

The character's name is General Flying Fox, not Flyfox, IIRC.

Other than that, good thread. I hate the Photoshopped "nude" cover pic, (looks cheesy to me) but others are amused by it, so whatever...

Pristine_Condition said:
The character's name is General Flying Fox, not Flyfox, IIRC.

Other than that, good thread. I hate the Photoshopped "nude" cover pic, (looks cheesy to me) but others are amused by it, so whatever...

yeah that will be changed today

jjasper

I really enjoyed the demo, but the length with no replay value (apparently) means it is a rental and maybe I'll keep it I feel like I will play it more than once.

Raist

Banned
Nice OP.

I really can't believe the hate and bashing on this game. Very good review scores overall.

Will probably buy it day one, I really enjoyed the combat system =)

Elios83

Great thread, can't wait for the game in September.
The reviews also confirm it's a great game with a 8.5 average so far ( it could have scored even better if it wasn't so short).

Top Bottom