• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Ghouls and Ghost screens

I guess I'm the only one who thinks these look like ass. The Mega Man remake looks better IMO. That's some nasty 2.5D; PSP is capable of much better.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
RE4 vs. SH4 said:
I guess I'm the only one who thinks these look like ass. The Mega Man remake looks better IMO. That's some nasty 2.5D; PSP is capable of much better.
That's crazy. It looks very much LIKE the 2D, though. What on earth is wrong with it?

Mrbob

Can't wait to play this. Capcom does what Konami don't!

Izzy said:
Koji Igarashi: 'It really wasn’t until E3 that I chose which system I wanted to do this game on. But when I went to E3 and looked at the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP, after seeing the Nintendo DS I said, 'I like this. This is cool! I’ll make it for this one.'

GNG looks great, btw.

Well this settles the IGA issue. Now I'm not buying the DS version of Castlevania since he is the one who decided to make the inferior version.

Thank you Capcom!

dark10x said:
That's crazy. It looks very much LIKE the 2D, though. What on earth is wrong with it?

The models are blocky and ugly (save for the jumping skeleton guy - he's nice). The backgrounds are okay. The look of the game seems generic, like an imitation of G'n'G.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
RE4 vs. SH4 said:
The models are blocky and ugly (save for the jumping skeleton guy - he's nice). The backgrounds are okay. The look of the game seems generic, like an imitation of G'n'G.
OK, the models DO look a little weak...but I think they will work out fine in the end. If they animate well, it shouldn't be a problem. The backgrounds, though, look fantastic. I still can't understand your complaint there...

I'll wait to see it in motion before casting my FINAL JUDGEMENT.

EDIT: And to make it a little more clear, my opinion is a little exaggerated due to the comments of "wow, that looks amazing". I probably wouldn't have said that the game looks bad if some of the people here had been a little less enthusiastic about the way this game looks.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Oh hell yes. This game is so mine.

Funny, I was just playing (read: cursing at) the original Ghosts 'N Goblins the other day.

belgurdo

Banned
With the life bar, are they planning on making this like Maximo? (haven't played a 2D GNG since the NES version)

xexex

Banned
I would have prefered pure 2D sprites for a new Ghouls N Ghosts but we will have to live with Capcom's decision.

Mrbob said:
Well this settles the IGA issue. Now I'm not buying the DS version of Castlevania since he is the one who decided to make the inferior version.

Thank you Capcom!

Alright, lemme get this straight. So Iga:

1) Picks the system he wants to make a Castlevania for

2) Makes a Castlevania designed for that system and its capabilities

3) Releases the game, which by all accounts is excellent

Why are you refusing to buy the game, when your post implies you've got a DS anyway? Surely he did what game designers are supposed to do? I'm sure if he gets the budget and inspiration to make something on the PSP he will do at some point. If GnG and Megaman are successful I'm sure we'll see some rumblings from Konami.

Chiming in to say this looks kinda cool, but I'm not particularly keen on GnG so I won't be getting a PSP for this. Pretty cool use of 2.5D though! Hopefully more of this will come to the system, in which case I may have to take the plunge.

Top Bottom