• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Ghouls and Ghost screens

Wollan

Here's some by Gamefront.de:

ghouls.jpg

PSP is on a roll baby.

xexex

Banned
the last time that gamers saw pictures of a totally new Ghouls n Ghosts game, for the first time, was late 1990.
known as Ghouls And Ghosts 3 for the Super Famicom

1gng3.jpg

which was later renamed Super Ghouls N Ghosts, with different enemies and slightly different backgrounds.

Starfire

This is exactly the type of game that the PSP needs much more of, and exactly the type of game people who think 2.5d and 2d are a dead format need to have a look at.

More games like this on every platform please.

Ironclad

The game looks brilliant. I can't wait to get my hands on it. 2.5D and 2D definitely have a place on the PSP. Ghouls and Ghosts only proves this with amazing proficiency.

ziran

wow! this looks really great :D

i loved ghosts n goblins and ghouls n ghosts back in the day and this looks like a worthy [beautiful looking :) ] sequel.

Vibri

Banned
I love the way in the second pic the dagger weapon is going straight though the enemy. That's something new right? Imagine this with the classic G&G music remixed for the first time for a digital format (you know this is coming). Awesome! First TGS videos can't come oon enough.

Sapiens

Wow. Didn't expect this at all.

I'm the kind of person that would buy a PSP for this game. It's too bad I'm not to big on the PSP hardware...I'll have to cope.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
This is the second PSP game I want. Looks beautiful, and I'm sure it'll play even better.

Zeo

Banned
That looks kickass. Now THIS is what I want to see out of my mishandled portable.

Maybe now we'll get a Castlevania.

Red Scarlet

Ooo, Arthur can throw weapons upward again..wonder if he can throw them down again too, and if the double jump is there or not.

Ronabo said:
da, da da, da na, da na da na da na, da na na na na.

Oh, now that makes sense..

do

dodo

dodo
dodododo dodo

dododo do do

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
IGA DOESN'T MAKE THE DECISSION ON WHAT DOES AND DOESNT GET MADE, FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

Stop making Iga out to be

a) a bitch
b) getting owned by capcom because they are showing how "2d" games are possible on the PSP

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
DCharlie said:
IGA DOESN'T MAKE THE DECISSION ON WHAT DOES AND DOESNT GET MADE, FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

"Koji Igarashi: It really wasn’t until E3 that I chose which system I wanted to do this game on. But when I went to E3 and looked at the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP, after seeing the Nintendo DS I said, 'I like this. This is cool! I’ll make it for this one.'"

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200501/N05.0131.1731.49293.htm

FU IGA!

Dragmire

I would much prefer gorgeously drawn 2D. The 3D graphics only take away from the style, IMO. It makes the ground look flat and sort of conflicts with the hand-drawn textures. But the game looks like it'll be fun as hell. What took them so long?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Man a Castlevania game that LOOKED LIKE THIS would make me kill over in orgasmic extacy! Rondo/SotN 2 Please!

Edit: GAFers read my mind!

Izzy

Banned
DCharlie said:

Stop making Iga out to be

a) a bitch
b) getting owned by capcom because they are showing how "2d" games are possible on the PSP

Koji Igarashi: 'It really wasn’t until E3 that I chose which system I wanted to do this game on. But when I went to E3 and looked at the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP, after seeing the Nintendo DS I said, 'I like this. This is cool! I’ll make it for this one.'

GNG looks great, btw.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yes, but what he wants and what Konami say "yes" and "no" to are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS.

ourumov

Koji Igarashi is a great producer...but he lost his credibility the day LOI was released...So many years of criticizing the N64 vanias just to pull a game that was even worse. Sad.

xexex said:
the last time that gamers saw pictures of a totally new Ghouls n Ghosts game, for the first time, was late 1990.
known as Ghouls And Ghosts 3 for the Super Famicom

1gng37yz.jpg

which was later renamed Super Ghouls N Ghosts, with different enemies and slightly different backgrounds.
No there was also the WonderSwan game which was a new game and not a port. Like the PSP game it also had a few branching paths.

Leguna

Banned
I had to double take there, but Ghouls and Ghosts is in 3D!!! It looked 2D at first, but if you look hard, it's indeed 3D!!!

Sanjuro

This only game that makes me regret ditching my PSP, still not enough to purchase one again but makes me happy the PSP owners will get somthing like this.

Top Bottom