• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

guys if you want a team from a city that is already selected its cool for now, we will figure it out when the game comes out. for instance, i have no problem with there being 2 teams from Los Angeles or New York (just like the nfl!... except los angeles and it was 13 years ago)

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys if you want a team from a city that is already selected its cool for now, we will figure it out when the game comes out. for instance, i have no problem with there being 2 teams from Los Angeles or New York (just like the nfl!... except los angeles and it was 13 years ago)

If that's the case, then Charlotte's about to have two teams :) . If not, I'll keep Atlanta.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I'd like to note I suck at football games and will probably end up 0-16, in case you want to give my city to somebody who isn't going to disgrace it and force me to take detroit :lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Eh I only put down Carolina/Charlotte in case we are doing an NFL replica esque season. Because I don't think you will find a more pasionate panthers fan than myself. However there are around 60,000 equivilantly passionate panthers fans out there ;)

If we're not doing an NFL replica team name / logo setup then I would rather have my home city. If we're doing small cities then I'll take H'vegas(lol) Hendersonville but if we're doing nearest large city only then I'll take Nashville, TN. Hopefully there is some type of logo importer...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize said:
:lol of course. Randall could fly "like an eagle".

I'm gay for mobile QBs. What can I say?

also edited for Bog :lol

Randall is coming home, my friend...

Jube3

Garnett said on the podcast 1up Yours that this game wont have an online league intergrated like other 2k games and previous nfl2ks. Not sure if this is confirmed or if you already knew this just giving yall a heads up.

Garnett said on the podcast 1up Yours that this game wont have an online league intergrated like other 2k games and previous nfl2ks. Not sure if this is confirmed or if you already knew this just giving yall a heads up.

yes it will :D

DMczaf

Bog said:
Ooh ooh! I want in. Lemme in dis.

23213_formatted_1178015084975.gif

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
It feels like just yesterday I was renting our yard for parking space to the Colosseum. :(

I still have my LA Raiders programs.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ColdBlooded33 said:
Randall is coming home, my friend...

Honest man. You can't have Randall. He's my favorite QB of all time and the only player I really really really care to have in this game. You've got lots to pick from.

Give a guy a break. I didn't get to use the Falcons at all last year. At least give me R. Cunningham.

Do I have to go take a picture of the UNLV jacket that I bought when he was still in college to prove my love for Randall? :)

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
As long as I get... eh, barry sanders? I dunno, he'd be my first pick I guess. Haven't got any preferences I guess.

JJMann11

If there is still room I would like to be included. My Gamertag is JJMann11 and I would like to take Miami but since that is taken I'll be Kendall or Florida. Thanks and let me know.

vumpler

I don't see why there would be any reason to stop taking names down. We should at least go to 50 and that just puts you down in the priority list. Like FMT said half of the people will probably flake by the time the game comes out.

there is no need to assume you're not going to get into the league at this point. i would say that best case scenario we have a solid 16 man league. i'd be surprised if everyone in this thread who says they want to play actually plays.

also we will come up with a draft order once everything is in place. i think it will be interesting because people can build their team around a defensive player or offensive player and develop a personality as a team based on that player. for instance, if you are going to draft joe montana you are going to be an offensive powerhouse. and maybe you play a team with mike singletary (is he in the game? he should be) and that counters joe.

also, like i said earlier, because there are probably not enough legends to disperse evenly we will probably have something like 1 Gold, 2 Silvers, 3 Bronze per team if it allows.

it all sounds good on paper but the gameplay is where the league will succeed or fail.

vumpler

I hope that's how it works out. However it seems to me that, that will be so difficult to achieve. A game where its truly sim football. I think I would cry.

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i think it will be interesting because people can build their team around a defensive player or offensive player and develop a personality as a team based on that player. for instance, if you are going to draft joe montana you are going to be an offensive powerhouse. and maybe you play a team with mike singletary (is he in the game? he should be) and that counters joe.

Yes, Singletary is in the game.

Ramirez,

According to the list of players on the official site there are no Steelers from the 70's in the game. I think they also had like 5+ from the Cowboys of that same era. I heard they added some more players but did not see who, other then Randall.

Speaking of interesting my first pick in the draft will be...

franklin-050407.jpg

Come on you to love have a guy kicking barefoot in Philly. Plus he beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game in 1980.

I will the proceed to draft Ray Guy and Steve Tasker. We will be a special teams power house. There is no counter to a great special team unit. Check and mate!

Zep

Banned
Well...we would need to weed out the flakes first anyway:

1) People who dont like the game
2) People who dont come back in this thread

By that point we should have 20 people. Then hold a quick tournament over the weekend, get the "draft order" get a AIM chatroom then pick.

unomas

Banned
War Green Bay! WTF? You'll all be saying that after I run through the league like Michael Irvin through a line of coke! :lol

ORANGUTAN

Banned
I'm down if I'm not banned by then.. not a quitter either. I've been playing fantasy sports for a decade -- I can't stand people who quit or aren't active. I guarantee activity. Will post my gamertag later this week..

Since Philly is taken, my city: West Chester, Pennsylvania

How many real players are we allowed to reserve? I think everyone should have one legit QB.. there's 31 QB's listed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Pro_Football_2K8

If the draft doesn't work out, I reserve these guys:

Andre Ware (Quarterback)
Christian Okoye (Halfback)
Solomon Wilcots (Free Safety)

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the **** i dont see steve young listed on the legends list! don't **** me VC... DONT **** ME!

Don't worry, if he is in the game you won't get him anyway. Once a Buc, always a Buc!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the **** i dont see steve young listed on the legends list! don't **** me VC... DONT **** ME!

I'm pretty sure I saw him on the list earlier. That would suck if he wasn't in the game though.

man there are going to be tough choices for me. joe montana, steve young, jerry rice, roger craig, ronnie lott, gary plummer, ken norton jr (in his niners days!), brent jones, bubba paris, dwight clark, john taylor.... lots of niners i love :(

edit - and merton hanks!? damn!

edit 2 - missed tom rathman and eric turner! and guy mcintyre and jesse sapolu! and ricky waters! bob st claire!

niners all over the place!

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
man there are going to be tough choices for me. joe montana, steve young, jerry rice, roger craig, ronnie lott, gary plummer, ken norton jr (in his niners days!), brent jones, bubba paris, dwight clark, john taylor.... lots of niners i love :(

edit - and merton hanks!? damn!

edit 2 - missed tom rathman and eric turner! and guy mcintyre and jesse sapolu! and ricky waters! bob st claire!

niners all over the place!

Please, rub it.. Anyone know if any of the late editions were 70's Steelers? At this point I would take Frenchy Fuqua.

Oh and while Hanks has one of the longest necklines to every grace a football field have you ever seen his wife?

Plastic Man has nothing on the children those two could create.

Top Bottom