• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obsidian Games working on another unknown game using Unity engine.

They haven't released Avowed or Outer Worlds 2 yet, in fact we've seen nothing on Avowed in years. Seems strange to work on even more games when two big hitters don't seem close to release.

Varteras

Gold Member
They haven't released Avowed or Outer Worlds 2 yet, in fact we've seen nothing on Avowed in years. Seems strange to work on even more games when two big hitters don't seem close to release.

It could very easily be a small project like both Pentiment and Grounded were. Obsidian has several hundred employees. If it's a small project needing only 20 people or so, probably won't impact Avowed or Outer Worlds 2 at all.

Chukhopops

I doubt it but I hope it’s Pentiment 2, direct sequel from the main story with Magda and Esther.

Also my wild guess is Avowed will have a release date in the June showcase.

Varteras

Gold Member
They are in my Top 5 devs, so i take it.

But who are the other four?

Interested Kevin Nash GIF

Dazraell

Hoping it's a next Pillars of Eternity game. I feel Avowed and Pillars can co-exist well, while doing different things and tapping to different audiences (people who more enjoy open world RPGs like Skyrim and people who prefers classic RtWP RPGs like Baldur's Gate)

kicker

Banned
Hoping it's a next Pillars of Eternity game
Haha. If Avowed succeeds, we will probably never see another mainline pillars game. It's sad but the resources required to make them aren't trivial, so both happening at the same time is really unlikley

Last edited:

Dazraell

Haha. If Avowed succeeds, we will probably never see another mainline pillars game. It's sad but the resources required to make them aren't trivial, so both happening at the same time is really unlikley
Not really. With GamePass offering a range variety of experiences and the fact that they have a Unity team and a lot of groundwork set in terms of gameplay, it's technically possible. What I think though that if next Pillars game would happen, it would probably have smaller budget as PoE1, Tyranny or Pentiment

feynoob

In no particular order:
Rockstar
Bethesda
ID
From Software

In Nintendo would count as dev it would replace ID

And thumbs up for big daddy cool.
Mine is the 2 above.
The rest are ok.

Bethesda and Rockstar gave me GTA and elder scrolls.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Whatever this is, probably very early in pre-planning stages. Likely a Pentiment successor but don't expect it in the next 6, 8 months.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Obsidian is a game production factory. They've already pumped at 2 new games for Xbox, released The Outer Worlds plus 2 big story DLCs. They are working on Avowed and the OW2 and now this 3rd game. All of the games they've released have scored really well (80+) and been received very well.

Obsidian was a really great buy for Xbox.

Obsidian is a game production factory. They've already pumped at 2 new games for Xbox, released The Outer Worlds plus 2 big story DLCs. They are working on Avowed and the OW2 and now this 3rd game. All of the games they've released have scored really well (80+) and been received very well.

Obsidian was a really great buy for Xbox.
For sure.
Obsidian for Xbox and Insomniac for PS have really given a good return on investment for their purchases.

Top Bottom