• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

Why not wait for 4080? Or 4080 Ti? Or 5080? Or...

Technology is advancing fast, there's always something better just around the corner.

well, if what they speculated on is correct, then those will be out before long. not like we'll be waiting for another year or something. plus, like I said earlier in the thread, I've been playing with a GTX780 for the last 6 years, waiting a little longer is not that big a deal for me. at least less stressful than chasing after what we have right now and fighting against the bots. everyone's situation is different and some folks just need to have it right now, which I can understand also. I'm just speaking for myself that's all 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Calverz

Well 9am in uk has passed and fuck all appeared. I did notice the nvidia site took slightly longer than normal to refresh at 9am.
F for all the humans trying to get one

WakeTheWolf

Overall as someone who wanted to get into PC Gaming I'm just done already.

What soured my experience somewhat is the fact that the retailers (Overclockers) had an ETA on shipping for 23rd September. So i ordered a card only for them to take my money on a pre-order and for the next day tell me that they have no stock and will not likely have stock till December. And it's not like it was simply that they had just ran out. It is that they only had 5 - 10 cards in the first place. Infact the spokesperson said "Could be november or december but definitely unlikely to be October" But very happy to STILL keep taking pre-orders. Their refund system is also garbage too.

Then you have the nasty bastards. The people in the community who just call you entitled for complaining. Who are literally shilling for the retailers and Nvidia. Youtubers being the worst of the bunch, both Linus Tech Tips and Gamers Nexus doing damage control for Nvidia. Literally telling their viewers that they are entitled and shouldn't be moaning. The funny thing is these YouTubers are the most entitled of them all and I've seen them moan about things for much less in the past.

My experience: The elitist community sucks and PC gaming is unfriendly to newcomers. W

Last edited:

Nydus

Gold Member

What soured my experience somewhat is the fact that the retailers (Overclockers) had an ETA on shipping for 23rd September. So i ordered a card only for them to take my money on a pre-order and for the next day tell me that they have no stock and will not likely have stock till December. And it's not like it was simply that they had just ran out. It is that they only had 5 - 10 cards in the first place. Infact the spokesperson said "Could be november or december but definitely unlikely to be October" But very happy to STILL keep taking pre-orders. Their refund system is also garbage too.

Then you have the nasty bastards. The people in the community who just call you entitled for complaining. Who are literally shilling for the retailers and Nvidia. Youtubers being the worst of the bunch, both Linus Tech Tips and Gamers Nexus doing damage control for Nvidia. Literally telling their viewers that they are entitled and shouldn't be moaning. The funny thing is these YouTubers are the most entitled of them all and I've seen them moan about things for much less in the past.

My experience: The elitist community sucks and PC gaming is unfriendly to newcomers. W
Don't go shitting on gamers nexus for stating facts and telling people not to lose their minds over a simple product that is in no way essential for your well being.

WakeTheWolf

Don't go shitting on gamers nexus for stating facts and telling people not to lose their minds over a simple product that is in no way essential for your well being.

The fact is he is a Nvidia shill. You can't trust any of them who get products handed to them on a plate. He was quick to 'killshot' as he calls AMD for their shady practices but is licking the arse of Nvidia because he got his review units secured. Only one i trust in the pc gaming community is Mack (Worth a Buy) Gamers nexus and Linus have complained about much less things before so are just hypocrites.

And no it fucking isnt when I had my money taken. If it was a simple case of not being able to get a preorder fair enough. But overclockers took the money for the pre-order without warning told us ETA 23rd September and then the next day gave us absolute run around that october unlikely, november unlikely, december possibly. Refund is an eta of 2 weeks but who knows with how they have acted on this.

Last edited:
What's your gameplan to get an RTX 3090? Are you going to rely solely on getting it online or are you going to visit retailers in person?
I live in Netherlands so I should be able to get 3090 online without bigger problems. I just checked few official Nvidia resellers and they still seem to have 3080 in stock.

I will also try to get FE but the chances are close to 0...

Nydus

Gold Member
The fact is he is a Nvidia shill. You can't trust any of them who get products handed to them on a plate. He was quick to 'killshot' as he calls AMD for their shady practices but is licking the arse of Nvidia because he got his review units secured. Only one i trust in the pc gaming community is Mack (Worth a Buy) Gamers nexus and Linus have complained about much less things before so are just hypocrites.

And no it fucking isnt when I had my money taken. If it was a simple case of not being able to get a preorder fair enough. But overclockers took the money for the pre-order without warning told us ETA 23rd September and then the next day gave us absolute run around that october unlikely, november unlikely, december possibly. Refund is an eta of 2 weeks but who knows with how they have acted on this.
Calm down dude. Steve is not responsible for the shady tactics of oc uk. He just stated the facts that the inventory was the same as the rtx 2000 launch and that the demand is way higher then anticipated. Just get your money back and take it elsewhere next time. Lesson learned.

Reactions: GHG

Nydus

Gold Member
I live in Netherlands so I should be able to get 3090 online without bigger problems. I just checked few official Nvidia resellers and they still seem to have 3080 in stock.

I will also try to get FE but the chances are close to 0...
What shops in NL are those? Do they ship to Germany? :D

What shops in NL are those? Do they ship to Germany? :D
There you go:

WakeTheWolf

Calm down dude. Steve is not responsible for the shady tactics of oc uk. He just stated the facts that the inventory was the same as the rtx 2000 launch and that the demand is way higher then anticipated. Just get your money back and take it elsewhere next time. Lesson learned.

Stockholm syndrome

• Triggered
Reactions: GHG

Nydus

Gold Member
Stockholm syndrome
Whatever Dude. If you need that rage boner so hard cause this toy is the most important thing in your life then so be it.

There you go:

Thanks dude. But no luck. Nothing in stock and alternate.nl doesn't ship to Germany ;)

GHG

Gold Member

K bye.

Whatever Dude. If you need that rage boner so hard cause this toy is the most important thing in your life then so be it.

Thanks dude. But no luck. Nothing in stock and alternate.nl doesn't ship to Germany ;)
Megekko seems to have 3080s in stock but from what I've seen (and I spend 5 seconds looking), not at MSRP...

Please don't go. If I buy a popsicle, will you stay?

Community here is very helpful. I was 100% clueless and recently few people on Gaf help me pick best parts to upgrade my system.

Nydus

Gold Member
Guys if you ordered the Zotac 3080 in Amazon.de please vote here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/for-the-neogaf-amazon-de-zotac-3080-gang.1567087/ . Let's see if we can make any sense of what Amazon is doing with those preorders.
Voted :D

I also think it's very curious that Mindfactory didnt get ANY stock. They don't even have a product page for the 3000 series. Maybe they knew what was coming (or that not enough was coming) and noped out of the whole clusterfuck?

TriSuit666

Banned

Steve can come across as an elitist prick sometimes, but I think he was quite fair and has called out AIB’s in the past and put his neck on the line to get companies to improve their products and services, MSI and Thermaltake being the latest examples.

OCUK are another matter entirely, though. They regularly scalp prices (how they dare add another £10 on for delivery is another discussion entirely), but are able to secure product ahead of the competition. If you get the product from another company, even if it’s at the same price, you should absolutely always do that.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Dunno guys, this looks like RDNA 2 has a fighting chance:

3080v309047j7s.png

nemiroff

Gold Member

3080v309047j7s.png

It might be true, IDK, but according to the specs (CUDA cores f.ex.) these numbers doesn't make sense at a glance. 20% yes, 5-10% no. If it ends up true, Nvidia deserves an atomic bomb backlash.

Also, how THE FUCK would they be able to fit the rumored Super/Ti cards in there?! I think "wait for proper reviews! is the advice most people should to go for right now.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Tbh this is an even more pathetic performance jump than Turing, the only saving grace it has is that it can at least roll back on the prices. I guess we're really not gonna see any substantial jumps anymore until we get MCM.

DeaDPo0L84

Yeah NeoGaf is. The PC community though is the most toxic one going.

Okay now you're literally just talking out of your ass. If you're this butt hurt move on. Go into any thread discussing next gen and let me know when you find one that's totally accepting and cordial. They usually turn into a dumpster fire within the first ten post.

People here on every single PC thread have gone out of their way to help others understand certain parts or accessories they need (I know cause multiple people have helped me).

So stop trolling, get a refund, and move the fuck on. Or stick around and act like an adult and stop throwing your tantrums.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the PC lot on here. I'm still a relative newcomer and have had to ask questions that most folk probably think are dumb but I've been helped out every time with great advice. In this very thread, even. Asked a question and had three people helping in minutes.

BluRayHiDef

Banned

3080v309047j7s.png

I don't care; I still want an RTX 3090. Having said that, I don't think that these results are accurate; if they are, then I think that future drivers will widen the difference in performance between the two cards.

Rikkori

Last edited:

WakeTheWolf

Okay now you're literally just talking out of your ass. If you're this butt hurt move on. Go into any thread discussing next gen and let me know when you find one that's totally accepting and cordial. They usually turn into a dumpster fire within the first ten post.

People here on every single PC thread have gone out of their way to help others understand certain parts or accessories they need (I know cause multiple people have helped me).

So stop trolling, get a refund, and move the fuck on. Or stick around and act like an adult and stop throwing your tantrums.

It's not trolling. It's my experience. I've never in my life had such nastiness from a community that veers on elitism. And that's from the eyes of someone who was trying to get into PC gaming. I find the community quite toxic. As for NeoGaf it's an amazing community with maybe a few bad apples which you get anywhere.

The Nvidia pre-order certainly frustrated a lot of people but to have your money taken out with no real ETA on when you'll get a refund. Company literally emailed me could be a week to 3 weeks they aren't sure. It is time to stop brown nosing for brands and retailers. Treat customers like consumers with no community that has any empathy towards the situation and you'll have more people like me.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Oh, there's no RTX in Death Stranding. If they can't get this right then I call this BS.
"RTX" is conjoined with "DLSS" via a slash ("/"), which means "or." Hence, any entry that is listed with "RTX/DLSS" is one that has at least one feature or the other but not necessarily both.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I want to believe, damnit! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

10% is so, so, so disappointing.

Yeah, I'm not gonna throw 2000 dollars (the price of a Asus 3090 ROG here) out the window just because I can. With that said, 5-10% is so "idiotic" that I have a feeling there has to be more to the story. Again; we have reports of new models coming but there's literally no place for them, so what the fuck gives..

Yeah, I'm not gonna throw 2000 dollars (the price of a Asus 3090 ROG here) out the window just because I can. With that said, 5-10% is so "idiotic" that I have a feeling there has to be more to the story. Again; we have reports of new models coming but there's literally no place for them, so what the fuck gives..
Exactly. It's not about money but I would feel like a proper idiot if I got one and it's only 10% better. And then there's the sad fact that this most likely will be the top card for at least the next 2 years.

Siri

Banned

I started gaming in 1985 when the only real option was a pc. My first computer didn’t have a mouse or a hard drive or a colour monitor or speakers - it was an IBM 8088 with two floppy drives and a monochrome display. The world wide web did not exist - my pc didn’t have a modem. I didn’t even know what a modem was. If you had a problem you had to fix it yourself. We actually used to read books for this. The operating system was DOS and you actually had to type in commands - there was no GUI.

I’m now gaming on an LG C9 with an RTX 2080 TI. I have a 9900k CPU and I’m using a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and I have an elite controller and my sound setup is the amazing Sonos Arc. I’m on the net, of course, and I’m streaming music and movies.

Being a PC gamer, for me, is all about the evolving tech (and gaming itself, of course - games are just getting better and better as the years pass). Tech-wise, there’s always something new and exciting just around the corner that I can’t wait to try out. I will never buy a console because the tech is static, and just not exciting.

What you’re talking about is just completely baffling to me? You don’t want to play on a PC because the community is elitist and unfriendly??

I’m sorry, but I have to ask this... do you also hang out at ResetEra?

Last edited:
Top Bottom