• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm thinking we'll see something that fits the 3080Ti slot. It won't be better than the $1500 3090, which if we presume(and it's probably a safe bet) is about 20% better than the 3080 than naturally we'll see something roughly perform 10% or so better than the 3080 with more memory. It could just as easily be the same 3080 with 12Gb of VRAM which doesn't sound like a lot, but it gives the 3080 a lot more breathing room for it's longevity. Now key point is price, if they can give a 12-16gb 3080(Ti) at $850-$950 they'd easily sale that in droves with people who don't quite fit with or want/need/see the value in the 3090.

I think we'll see either a 3080Super or Ti with more memory.

But, correct me if wrong I'm obviously no expert, when the bus width is 320bit it must be 10x32bit chips (?) Thus with the GDDR6x die size which is 8Gb(bits) per 32bit chip (16Gb comes in 2021 AFAIK), I'm not so sure they could put in less than 20GB..? And at 20GB with high GDDR6x prize would make a Ti model quite a bit more expensive..?

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
But, correct me if wrong I'm obviously no expert, when the bus width is 320bit it must be 10x32bit chips (?) Thus with the GDDR6x die size which is 8Gb(bits) per 32bit chip (16Gb comes in 2021 AFAIK), I'm not so sure they could put in less than 20GByte..? And at 20GB with high GDDR6x prize would make a Ti model quite a bit more expensive..?
No you're are absolutely right. It's why I said price is key. I think they know that there are people willing to go a bit further than $700 on a GPU, but not all the way out their to $1500 and they'll try and hook as many as they can. Could be a bigger bus but not as much as 20Gb of Vram or the same bus as the 3080 and a bit more ram, but they know they have that potential audience. Right at $1000 or so.

FYI, decided to try a new one called Distill. It allows you to set a timer for a page and the extension checks the page however often for any changes (e.g., the 'buy' button suddenly appears). It'll then message you or produce an audio/video notification.

Was kind of going crazy trying to figure this one out but once I did, I like it a whole lot more.

Last edited:

Myths

If anyone here in the US managed to get one from a US based store ONLINE, let me know. This is crap.

Also....manually reviewing? As much as these guys work both with hardware and software, you’d think they’d implement some sophisticated captcha and Human detection system. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Wunray

So I just used this website to calculate a rough estimate of my power usage on my pc if I were to use a 3080:

and it comes out to 580w, but I am not sure the validity of that website and how accurate that is cause I too am pushing a 650w 80+ gold power supply (Seasonic), can I trust that website to atleast give me an estimate?

cucuchu

So I just used this website to calculate a rough estimate of my power usage on my pc if I were to use a 3080:

and it comes out to 580w, but I am not sure the validity of that website and how accurate that is cause I too am pushing a 650w 80+ gold power supply (Seasonic), can I trust that website to atleast give me an estimate?

Seasonic makes solid PSU's, so quality is good. Regardless I I would rather be on the safe side and spend $100-$150 to get a 750w - 850w (Gold) since you are already throwing down 750-900 for a GPU. If you don't, I wouldn't be doing much in regards to overclocking.

Last edited:

Wunray

Seasonic makes solid PSU's, so quality is good. Regardless I I would rather be on the safe side and spend $100-$150 to get a 750w - 850w (Gold) since you are already throwing down 750-900 for a GPU. If you don't, I wouldn't be doing much in regards to overclocking.
I don't Oc my cards I'm fine with boost clock performance, but at the same time I don't want to blow my new card (if these cards go through) but then again I could save some money and wait for the 3070 and upgrade my cpu. Kinda not sure on what to do now.

Last edited:

Nydus

Gold Member
Nothing will blow. It will work just fine. Worst case your psu shuts down. Just think of it that way: when was the last time you saw something on the internet about a PSU killing a system or component? And now think of all the millions upon millions of shit cheap PSU out there. ;)

Myths

Welp, most likely that order from Amazon.de won’t go through. Looks like a 3080 20GB could be the one Iinvest in then. The world works in such amazing ways.

notseqi

gitcho 3080 PE today

iGMhuQ8.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Zotac dream dead here. Amazon just sent the cancellation email. Fuck.

Oh well, guess I'm seeing what AMD announces, because chances of getting a 3080 before the end of the year seem extremely unlikely.

Not sure if this was posted here earlier but apparently the 3080 super just got leaked by Gigabyte!

Yeah, fuck it. I think I'll just wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Does anyone think that there will be a proper 3080Ti (i.e. a GPU that's faster than the 3080 due to having more compute units and/ or a larger bus width, e.g.) rather than a GPU that has more memory but is otherwise identical?

I don't think that there is enough of a difference in performance between the 3080 and 3090 for a 3080Ti to fit in between them. The 3090 is only 19% faster than the 3080, so where exactly would a 3080Ti fit? 10% faster than the 3080 and 9% slower than the 3090?

A 3080Ti would be too close to the 3080 and 3090 in terms of performance, so most buyers would buy it rather than buy the 3080 or 3090, thereby undercutting both cards' sales. Nvidia wouldn't want that to happen.

Wonder if the 3090's are going to sell out as fast as the 80's. Faster even? If bots are still an issue, then I'd imagine so. I'd like to think Nvidia will be better prepared and somehow have ample stock. Ha ha ho ho....

Reindeer

So RT cores are less than 10% faster compared to Turing, that's just sad. And why would anyone buy 10GB versions when 20GB 3080 is around the corner?

Rickyiez

Hey guys remember I'm the one whose Zotac 3080 couldn't POST?

update : It's th x16 PCIE slot that isn't working . Boot up fine on the x4 . This is weird because other card has no issue working on the x16

Last edited:
Don't tell me all you fuckers suddenly got lives and are doing stuff on a Friday night, instead of sitting at your computer waiting for a half dozen websites to randomly flash restocks for 1.25 seconds.

Nydus

Gold Member
Hey guys remember I'm the one whose Zotac 3080 couldn't POST? It turns out 650w gold isn't really gonna boot this thing up irregardless of the reported power consumption
What CPU do you have? And what model of power supply exactly?

Reactions: GHG
with all the news and what not, I think I'll just wait for the 3080 20GB now, maybe even the super. thou I'm still pretty smittened with the 3080 FE and would love to have one just for that look. how come the other companies didn't use that design and keep going with "MORE FANS!" ?

with all the news and what not, I think I'll just wait for the 3080 20GB now, maybe even the super. thou I'm still pretty smittened with the 3080 FE and would love to have one just for that look. how come the other companies didn't use that design and keep going with "MORE FANS!" ?
Why not wait for 4080? Or 4080 Ti? Or 5080? Or...

Technology is advancing fast, there's always something better just around the corner.

Top Bottom