• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

figured I would check again on cards after giving up hope for the last 2 months or so. seems like it's still as bad, if not worse than before. scalping prices are still as ridiculous as before too. so for regular people who don't want to pay double the MSRP or pay for a bot, there's pretty much no chance to get one this year right?

Kazza

figured I would check again on cards after giving up hope for the last 2 months or so. seems like it's still as bad, if not worse than before. scalping prices are still as ridiculous as before too. so for regular people who don't want to pay double the MSRP or pay for a bot, there's pretty much no chance to get one this year right?

It's been reported that Nvidia doesn't expect the stock situation to improve until May at least. I personally don't expect to get one (or a new AMD CPU) until the autumn at the earliest.

TriSuit666

Banned
Especially with the rumoured DRAM price increases coming down the pipe, if you haven’t got one, you’re screwed.

Last edited:

Rbk_3

I'm signed up for both EVGA 3080 FTW3/Ultra and was at my local computer store and they happened to have the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra so I said screw it and I pulled the trigger.

That’s the one I have. You going to do the hybrid kit?

llien

I honestly never thought the shortage would be this bad for this long. Pretty crazy. I feel like I should've gotten a 2060 super when I had a chance

Mindfactory sales figures show AMD sells only a bit smaller number of GPUs than they were selling a year earlier.
The average selling price of those GPUs though... ouch, going from 5700XT as the most expensive model to 6900XT, cough.

AMD shortages are understandable:
1) They sell BIG chips en mass, unusual for them
2) TSMC capacity is soo limited, yet we have PS5, XSeX and Ryzen 5000 series launch on top of Big Navi

NV's shortages though... With entire Samsung 8nm left to them, are likely caused by... AMD.
I bet Huang planned to sell GA104 chip as 3080.
GA102 would be a 20GB "Ti" chip (now, suddenly, memory configuration starts making sense).
Etc.

Dropping entire portfolio (thank you Lisa) by a tier is bad for the availability of stuff.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
KBgJSt1.png

...I really do despair of PC Gamers, I really do.

YCoCg

I've not got a single e-mail about any of the GPU's I want coming back in stock, it's been 6 weeks since I added them.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Blog: Just got a notice that Asus 3080 TUF deliveries are now confirmed for June (!).. Scalping prices are at this time double retail. Overpriced 3090s are actually available, no wonder, yet popular versions nearing 3000 dollars scalping price, funny but by principle out of the question. AND not the least the Ti version is incoming shortly. So the only logical conclusion in my case is to abandon the 3080 completely (I don't need it for anything other than VR anyway, could go all year and still it's not that bad) and focus on the Ti going forward even though it possibly won't improve the timeframe.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Blog: Just got a notice that Asus 3080 TUF deliveries are now confirmed for June (!).. Scalping prices are at this time double retail. Overpriced 3090s are actually available, no wonder, yet popular versions nearing 3000 dollars scalping price, funny but by principle out of the question. AND not the least the Ti version is incoming shortly. So the only logical conclusion in my case is to abandon the 3080 completely (I don't need it for anything other than VR anyway, could go all year and still it's not that bad) and focus on the Ti going forward even though it possibly won't improve the timeframe.
Where was the Ti announce?

Calverz

My Gigabyte RTX 3070 Aorus Master is arriving tomorrow! Originally wanted a 3080 but found constantly monitoring stock alerts for months was having a detriment to my mental health. Plus im looking at 1440p so the 3070 should be fine.
I think im going to sell my MSI 1660 armor OC card. Might get a decent price for it?

Where was the Ti announce?

It wasnt announced. I doubt its coming anytime soon. Because there's no reason to yet. AMD poses no challenge and is dominated at the high end tier. 3080's are being bought as fast as they can make them. The latest TI rumours has the card at 12 gigs. Performance is gonna be 5% more than the normal 3080. The TI in this gen is gonna be completely useless and just throwing money out the window for no gains.

wOs

I've been trying to find the answer to this online, but haven't been able to find it.

does the second fan only kick on after a certain temp and if so what temp?

3080 Nvidia (I don't think it's founders).

Isn't crypto mining exploding again and compounding the problem?

Completely anecdotal, but I was browsing SlickDeals, and there was some deal for a prebuilt unit with an RX 5700 that Costco is selling. Out of pure curiosity, I went to the comments section: I swear that in the first few pages, it felt like 99% of the comments were from miners, not from gamers.

Like, people straight up giving each other mining advice (which websites to use, how much ROI to expect, 6-month forecasts, etc), in a SlickDeals page about a prebuilt computer. Crazy.

[EDIT]: Found it, it's this one: https://slickdeals.net/f/14841631-c...b-ddr4-512gb-ssd-rx-5700-999-99?src=frontpage
Read comments at your own discretion :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
if you live in a state with a Microcenter, try them. they usually get 3070s every week and because they are usually over $700 they dont sell out right away.
This is the only way right now. I was able to get my 3060ti from Microcenter too back when prices were $399.99. But yeah go early, as soon as they open the store you can get one.

Rbk_3

I literally got my EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra the same day the tariff exemption ended and prices shot up.

Since then prices only seem to be spiraling upwards. This is the first time I've ever owned a computer part that was an appreciating asset!

If you owned a card in early 2018 it was probably also an appreciating asset.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
imagine paying the price I paid for my 3080 FE for a 3070

Top Bottom