• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that the 360 had been a Success

Atleast launch wise, because all launches have their share of kinks, whos launch are you anticipating more PS3 or Rev?

And when will we get to start hearing more about either one?

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Nintendo Revolution.

E3.

trilobyte

What are you judging launch success on? The fact that Microsoft barely had enough systems to satisfy the number of their hardcore fans?

trilobyte said:
What are you judging launch success on? The fact that Microsoft barely had enough systems to satisfy the number of their hardcore fans?
That it manged to launch and seems highly desired. This isn't really about debating the consoles, it's just about what are people looking foward to.

Yeah I want to see a 3 way fight to the death at E3 :)

ToxicAdam

Making most of your hardcore fanbase wait outside for a CHANCE to get your product, and then making about half of them buy the tard pack?

That sounds pretty shitty to me.

Wulfer

[QUOTMan this will probably be the best E3 ever

Yes. Sony and Nintendo will come out swinging.

Yea, they'll have too when M$ unleashes Halo 3 teaser and probably a Halo movie teaser combo.

trilobyte

Aika'svyse said:
That it manged to launch and seems highly desired. This isn't really about debating the consoles, it's just about what are people looking foward to.

Yeah I want to see a 3 way fight to the death at E3 :)

Sony and Nintendo will pretty much shine at E3.

Games wise:

I think it's safe to say Microsoft's E3 will be based around Halo 3.

MGS4, while looking awesome, isn't going to dethrone Halo 3 in the E3 hype machine. A new GTA might

Nintendo can dethrone Halo 3 @ E3 easily by showing off a brand new innovative Mario.

But overall, Sony and Nintendo will overshadow Microsoft because by then Xbox 360 will be old shoe compared to the new hotnesses

Unless of course Nintendo does something stupid like showing only puzzle games on the revolution :/

With only one day gone, it's a little early dontcha think to pass judgement?

With...
1) Demand massively outstripping supply, probably by more than any console launch in history
2) only the very hardcore who pre-ordered before june only getting consoles on the first day.

...leaving huge number of angry consumers who are being told they might not get one before xmas.

I wouldn't really call this a success, especially with the amount of negative publicity building in the press concerning the frustrations of consumers.

This is one of the worst launch windows I have ever witnessed for a major player. I think the N64 still holds the title for least amount of games during a launch. The 360 is killing me with the amount of games it has that makes me go "meh."

360 a success? Yikes.

Link

The Autumn Wind
CousinLump said:
I think the N64 still holds the title for least amount of games during a launch.
I'm pretty confident that's a record that'll never be broken.

bill0527

Legal Step said:
Can I preorder a PS3 now or what?

I would highly recommended camping EB/Gamestop the night before they start taking pre-orders so that you can be in the top 5 on the pre-order list.

bill0527 said:
I would highly recommended camping EB/Gamestop the night before they start taking pre-orders so that you can be in the top 5 on the pre-order list.
You'll have to pre-order your pre-order for the PS3.

Striek

Ignoring title and reactions to title: PS3. I think its the obvious choice. I'm interested in what Revolution has to offer, but I'm one who thinks the DS is 'gimmicky' (overused I know), and the Revolution controller really seems 'meh'. I'm glad I'm not a developer that has to decide how to make unique and genuinely interesting concepts involving the controller. Hopefully it will be a 'once you've tried it you'll fall in love with it' thing.
PS3 on the other hand, has just about everything. Power. Next-gen video format. Tons of (likely) AAA games announced for it. Hype through the roof. Expectations far and above the other two consoles...

Doesn't matter what you like, 06 will be a great year for gamers.

TheDuce22

Banned
I would call it a success just from the number of people I saw in lines and the constant stream of dudes going in and out of stores the next morning looking for 360s. Demand is really high.

Prine

Banned
CAn we get some launch day numbers? Just so we can make an accurate comparison and quantify "success"

In terms of media attention and customer demand, its been a complete and utter success (surpassing Halo2 ques, which sold 4 million in Novemeber), the 360 is a hot item, and its going to be broadcasted as one throughout the holidays.

909er

trilobyte said:
Sony and Nintendo will pretty much shine at E3.

Games wise:

I think it's safe to say Microsoft's E3 will be based around Halo 3.

MGS4, while looking awesome, isn't going to dethrone Halo 3 in the E3 hype machine. A new GTA might

Nintendo can dethrone Halo 3 @ E3 easily by showing off a brand new innovative Mario.

But overall, Sony and Nintendo will overshadow Microsoft because by then Xbox 360 will be old shoe compared to the new hotnesses

Unless of course Nintendo does something stupid like showing only puzzle games on the revolution :/

I think that Halo 3 at E3 would eclipse a new Mario at E3. Honestly, the brand isn't as popular as it once was.

Timbuktu

909er said:
I think that Halo 3 at E3 would eclipse a new Mario at E3. Honestly, the brand isn't as popular as it once was.

It really depends on what Mario is. We know pretty much what to expect from Halo 3 but Mario would have to do something new. Maybe the brand has been watered down with the Party and the sport games and a weak outing with Sunshine, but if there is a Mario for Rev what Mario 64 was to N64, it should have a lot more attention. Also, it would also be the first time Rev would be actually playable and probably all the launch titles will be on show, all playable. The only reason Halo 3 might be bigger at the show is that MS might get a massive booth and spend a lot of money on generating hype, like they did with little success at TGS.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Shin Johnpv said:
then the Jaguar and almost any video game system had a successful launch then

Yeah, because people were really lining up for the Jaguar, right?

HomerSimpson-Man said:
This and PS2 launch are hard lessons learned. I'm going to place pre-orders all over town just to up my chances at a PS3!

You and me both.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TheDuce22 said:
PS3 will probably break preorder records after what happened with this launch.

Most likely. I know I am going to be there the DAY you can pre-order the PS3.

evil ways

HomerSimpson-Man said:
This and PS2 launch are hard lessons learned. I'm going to place pre-orders all over town just to up my chances at a PS3!

I'm gonna do the same, plus also try my luck online, then I'll jump on the ebay bandwagon after I have mine.

XGoldenboyX

Order of choice

- PS3 - Hardware - Big game names support from top developers

- Nin Rev - Interesting Concept - Nintendo Trademark Games

- 360 - Somewhat Next Gen feel :( - Few big games " Halo "

Not impressed so far, I'll wait !

Top Bottom