• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noita 1.0 |OT| Every pixel simulated

Guilty_AI

BQKDEk.png

Platforms: PC (Steam, GOG, Itch io)
Developer: Nolla games

(Baba is you, The Swapper, Cranyon Physics Deluxe)

1.0 Launch Trailer

Summary:
Noita is a magical action rogue-lite set in a world where every pixel is physically simulated. Fight, explore, melt, burn, freeze and evaporate your way through the procedurally generated world using spells you've crafted yourself.

Pixel-based physics: Every pixel in the world is simulated. Burn, explode or melt anything. Swim in the blood of your foes!

Your own magic: Create new spells as you delve deeper into the caverns. Use your magic to crush your enemies and manipulate the world around you.

Action rogue-lite: Death is permanent and always a looming threat. When you die, don’t despair, use what you’ve learned to get further on your next adventure.

Procedurally generated world: Explore a unique world every time you play. Discover new environments as you adventure deeper.

ImpossibleGreedyKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

ShamelessCorruptLamb-size_restricted.gif

radioactive-vat.png

108867032b2b5f101791f01ef98044b7.gif

Store pages:
Also available on GOG and Itch io

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I wanted to like this game i truly did.
But i still dont get it became a roguelike meh..

what a waste of the next gen sandgame i always dreamt about

4EZCOOLDART

Yeah this is on my Steam wishlist but I get the feeling that this is the type of Rogue-like I wouldn't enjoy. I couldn't get into Spelunky either, and those game are universally praised. I'm ok at hard games but the gamer in me needs that "Rogue-lite" progression that holds your hand a bit as you progress through runs. If I want progression through learning I'd learn an instrument, give me level ups!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah this is on my Steam wishlist but I get the feeling that this is the type of Rogue-like I wouldn't enjoy. I couldn't get into Spelunky either, and those game are universally praised. I'm ok at hard games but the gamer in me needs that "Rogue-lite" progression that holds your hand a bit as you progress through runs. If I want progression through learning I'd learn an instrument, give me level ups!
You my man need to try HADES..

yeah its the one game i can recommend people that dont like roguelike games ;)

4EZCOOLDART

Oh, I'm playing it right now and it is stupidly good. I've really enjoyed other rogue-lite/rogue-likes (Rogue Legacy, Slay the Spire off the top of my head) and Hades blows everything else out of the water. Every gripe I have about the genre (being too lean on story, no motivation for replaying them after you beat the campaign once, etc.) is brilliantly fixed in Hades. It's just a giant, perfect game that I love so much.

Noita is stupid good, I've had some utterly insane things happen to me in ea runs. The workshop support makes it even crazier. I've never played anything like it, hope they send it to consoles so more people can check it out.

Guilty_AI

I wanted to like this game i truly did.
But i still dont get it became a roguelike meh..

what a waste of the next gen sandgame i always dreamt about
I don't know if it'd help, but there are some mods that either makes the game more forgiving or even remove permadeath. Not sure if they're working with 1.0 though

Dead isn't dead
Passive regeneration plus Perks and Respawn
Health containers

Last edited:
Top Bottom