• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 DLC “Darkness in the Capital” launches October 15

Mista

Banned
Nioh-2-DLC_09-24-20.jpg

Nioh 2‘s second major add-on, “Darkness in the Capital,” will launch on October 15, publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja announced.

Here are the first details, via the PlayStation Blog:
Darkness in the Capital features new storylines, overwhelmingly powerful new bosses, tricky new Yokai, new Guardian Spirits, skills, Ninjutsu, Onmyo Magic and Soul Cores. And to top it all off, this new chapter will present electrifying new armor sets and a weapon that fans of hand-to-hand combat will surely relish.

Now I’d hate to leave you guys completely in the dark on this upcoming DLC expansion. So, let me throw out some clues and story details to give you a taste of what’s on the horizon for this next installment.

In order to unravel the mysteries surrounding the history of the Sohayamaru, our protagonist ventures to Kyoto City and discovers a shrine furnished with an old worn-out box. Upon inspection, the Sohayamaru once again shines brilliantly and the protagonist is whisked away to the middle of the Heian Period, landing in an ancient version of the capital.

Contrary to its name “Heian Palace,” which means peace and tranquility, ancient Kyoto was terrorized by countless Yokai during this time period. However, there existed many heroes who were brave enough to oppose these demons. Among them were the most preeminent demon slayer and the strongest sorcerer in history, along with their subordinates and colleagues fighting at their side.

Our protagonist joins forces with these famous heroes in order to quell the unrest and destruction caused by the Yokai hordes, while learning more about the connections between an even more distant past and the present time period from which they came.

Well, there you have it. A brief overview of what’s to come. Please be on the look-out for more exciting details in the near future as we hope to shed even more light on Darkness in the Capital. Until that time, best of luck battling all of the fearsome Yokai in the Tengu’s Disciple and crafting a unique build that best suits your own playstyle. As many of you are well aware, you’ll need every advantage you can get to take on the menacing enemies lurking in the distant past. So, stay strong and stay safe out there samurai!
Gematsu

00_Zer0

Steam release when? :(
Was this confirmed to come to the PC like the first one? I've never heard anything about it. As far as I know it's Playstation exclusive. Tecmo has spotty PC support so maybe it won't come to PC after all.

Bought on PS4, played it a fair bit, really enjoyed it, but now I'm just going to wait for the PC release. Probably won't be happening until after all the DLC release, tho. That said, this DLC does look neat.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Was this confirmed to come to the PC like the first one? I've never heard anything about it. As far as I know it's Playstation exclusive. Tecmo has spotty PC support so maybe it won't come to PC after all.

It'll come to PC around the same time as the 3rd DLC arrives, same as the first. A PS5 update should be out sooner though, although objectively all it means is that they'll simply remove the 30fps cap on the "Quality" performance setting. Nioh no doubt could run 120fps, it'll have the headroom, but I believe the fist game was capped to 60 even on PC so there might be engine/logic limits still in play.

Kusarigama

There's already a thread on this, may be mods can merge this.

Edit: The threads have been merged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom