• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World Championships: NES Releases July 18th

Draugoth

Gold Member

The Nintendo World Championships return with a twist! Take on over 150 retro speed-running challenges in Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition, launching July 18th on Nintendo Switch.
Ng0gOlR.png

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That's cute. Thought at first it would be some freebie like the Tetris or F-Zero online stuff, but I guess I'm wrong.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I guess there will never be a nes remix port for switch then.

I just find a shame the cartridge don't work.

Krathoon

I remember there being an AVGN episode about this. Like the cartridge for this is rare.

Last edited:
Another filler title for 2024, we need that June Direct.

Also this is an odd way to announce it haha
July 18 is way too close to wait to announce it til the June Direct. And clearly nothing else is coming til August/September at the earliest.

Also, I mean, clearly it’s not a premium AAA $60 release.

Last edited:

Woopah

July 18 is way too close to wait to announce it til the June Direct. And clearly nothing else is coming til August/September at the earliest.

Also, I mean, clearly it’s not a premium AAA $60 release.
I meant that I think they are saving the exciting announcements for the June Direct, which is why we've only got filler games recently. Sorry for the confusion .

tkscz

Honestly, as a kid who watched a rerun of the 1990s competition, I always wanted to know what it was like, so maybe I'll buy depending on price.

00_Zer0

It's NES Remix pretty much, but I'm down. Cool deluxe edition.
Hopefully they bring the Remix series back though or integrate remix type challenges, because from what I see these are all vanilla challenges found in their original games with their original characters. Racing to an exit door in Metroid, as Samus really? 🥱 Saving grace might be leader boards if you're into that sort of thing, but the mini challenges shown thus far seem mundane.

bender

What time is it?
I'll have to pay scalpers price for the Japanese version. That Joy-Con looks awesome. US Special Edition kind of sucks.

GNETzXcXAAALGrz

bender

What time is it?
Is there a way to order the JPN version? Are those Famicom controllers functional? If that's the same price, I may go in on that, it's terrific.

Sounds like it requires a Japanese shipping address and you'd need to switch the region on your NID.

Top Bottom