• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo goes bundle crazy(Rumor)

littlewig

Banned
This is from themagic-box forums, the guy posted the Nintendogs DS bundle couple days before Kobun Heat did, so I guess he knows his stuff.

Anyway, he says there will be a GC bundle with the new pokemon game, Pokemon XD. It will retail for 99.99

There will be another new DS bundle with Mario Kart. It will include a RED (looks really nice according to him) DS any retail for 149.99. This will also include a mario kart skins for the DS. The only way to get the red ds will be with this bundle, apparently.

And lastly, in November there will be a Mario Party 7 Bundle. This will include the GC, MP7 and an extra controller for 99.99. Similar to last years MK bundle.

Again, this is only from him, I haven't seen this news anywhere else.

And lastly, in November there will be a Mario Party 7 Bundle. This will include the GC, MP7 and an extra controller for 99.99. Similar to last years MK bundle.

:lol

Killer app!!

Re-buy your Cubes, it begins again!

Nester

Smiles and Cries said:
Bundle Animal Crossing with a White DS please :)

just bundle something with a white DS

I love the way you're thinking here.

Though my wife would prefer it bundled with a Pink DS so she doesn't have to rebuy Nintendogs or import for one.

Unison

littlewig said:

That's an insanely good deal, or at least it would be if the included GC had component outputs.

aparisi2274

If that red DS that you get with MK is the same one I saw in Japan last week, that'll be cool. Its a nice deep red color...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bogg said:
Fuck i hope the Mario Kart+Red DS bundle is true.

I could see them doing it, it would go off in America (maybe) and really kickstart the online thing with a huge userbase. I hope they do it. I want to play a lot of people for a long long time.

DEO3

littlewig said:
There will be another new DS bundle with Mario Kart. It will include a RED (looks really nice according to him) DS any retail for 149.99. This will also include a mario kart skins for the DS. The only way to get the red ds will be with this bundle, apparently.

Will this be the same red DS that was bundled with Jump Super Stars?

Joe

i want a ds, i want mario kart but the only way im gonna use a red ds is if its given to me for free.

bumpkin

littlewig said:
This is from themagic-box forums, the guy posted the Nintendogs DS bundle couple days before Kobun Heat did, so I guess he knows his stuff.

Anyway, he says there will be a GC bundle with the new pokemon game, Pokemon XD. It will retail for 99.99

What are these "skins" about, anyway? Are there pics anywhere of them?

littlewig

Banned
bumpkin said:
What are these "skins" about, anyway? Are there pics anywhere of them?

I'm assuming it's like the Pokemon XD skin in the GC/Pokemon bundle. It's basically a sticky you put on your system. I'm guessing the theme will be Mario kart.

Personally, I think skins are pointless and make consoles look tacky.

Koshiba

What's this about a deep red DS? Or is it just the same fisher-price toy red? This could be interesting. Maybe I'll have to get this instead of the Nintendogs bundle. :lol

DEO3

SnowWolf said:
What? JSS wasn't bundled with anything.

I thought this one was?

red.gif

Or was it just released on the same day?

littlewig said:

This one, at least, is true. I was talking to a manager friend at EB yesterday and this was revealed at the recent EB conference and they have a SKU for it.

Memles

Argh! I'd love to pick up a nice MKDS bundle, but I would rather not have a Red DS. Depending on pictures I'll see what it is like, but $200 CDN for Mario Kart and the DS is pretty good.

Zeo

Banned
Man, I'd buy a 2nd DS if there was a red DS/MKDS bundle. The red/black is awesome.

But I really hope Nintendo gives you ACTUAL game cases with Nintendogs: Best Friends and Mario Kart DS, instead of the folder that the Hunters demo came in. A demo, I can understand, but come on.

Granted, I'm sure the GBA Cover thing at Snackbar-Games will be updated with one for the bundle games if they're folders, like they did for Hunters, but still.

polg

maybe they could do MK, Red DS AND Rumordongle...
that would assure them big sales and a big online userbase...

Dav2k said:
:lol

Killer app!!

Re-buy your Cubes, it begins again!
Seriously, though, $100 would be the price of one new game and two controllers... that IS like getting the system free if one was actually considering getting those things otherwise...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Memles said:
Argh! I'd love to pick up a nice MKDS bundle, but I would rather not have a Red DS. Depending on pictures I'll see what it is like, but $200 CDN for Mario Kart and the DS is pretty good.
Not when you consider the strong Canadian Dollar, $150 US = about $176 CAD at the present rate. :(

cvxfreak

These bundles all sound good. Mario Kart should especially be a hit for the DS, and Pokemon XD should do well also.

Still, Nintendo might as well drop the price and offer a standalone system for $79.99 as well, if they're gonna dodge a loss on the games, or in MP7's case, a controller, too.

Kroole

If the MKDS bundle comes to EU, then I guess I'll have to buy myself another DS. My little lazy blue pixel is starting to get on my nerves:)

Jonnyram

CVXFREAK said:
These bundles all sound good. Mario Kart should especially be a hit for the DS, and Pokemon XD should do well also.
Are you gonna get a new DS?
I'm waiting for things to quieten down here so I can get my wife hooked on DS games, then get a new unit for myself ;)

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
Are you gonna get a new DS?
I'm waiting for things to quieten down here so I can get my wife hooked on DS games, then get a new unit for myself ;)

...don't give me ideas. =(

*would love a red DS*
Oh yeah, Japan sure gets assraped when it comes to bundles. =(

polg said:
maybe they could do MK, Red DS AND Rumordongle...
that would assure them big sales and a big online userbase...

Thats just what i was thinking ...would be a great set for sure.

hell i might even buy one...and i want a White DS as well :p ....and a DS SP ..haha ><

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Seems kind of dumb from a profit standpoint to include a new game like Mario Kart in a bundle, but I guess this is a good way to introduce wi-fi and to get the system out there this holiday season.

Memles

Fuzzy said:
Not when you consider the strong Canadian Dollar, $150 US = about $176 CAD at the present rate. :(

Indeed it is, but Nintendo did a Canadian MSRP change sometime in 2004, since we saw Nintendo first-party titles shift to $59.99 instead of $69.99. I'd expect not to see a change with this bundle.

If the colour is right, I'm picking up this bundle, especially if Nintendo makes it $180 CDN

Hi! Just bumping because the Mario Party 7 thing is true.

DID YOU KNOW? MARIO PARTY 7 BUNDLE PUTS 80 NEW MINI-GAMES AND A GREAT VALUE ALL IN ONE BOX

Oct. 10, 2005

Seven proves to be an extremely lucky number for fans of the popular Mario® Party series. Mario® Party 7 launches Nov. 7 and can be purchased separately at an MSRP of $49.99 or as part of a special bundle. The bundle includes a Nintendo GameCube™, two controllers and Mario Party 7, all at an MSRP of just $99.99. If purchased separately, these items could cost more than $175.

Each copy of Mario Party 7 also comes packed with the Nintendo GameCube Mic, which accepts voice commands to control the action in some of Mario Party 7’s 80 new mini-games. And for the first time, up to eight players can compete at once in a family-friendly video game that plays like a virtual board game.

The Mario Party series has sold more than 5 million copies, putting it in the ranks of the most popular video game franchises of all time. Mario Party 7 features all of the favorite characters from the Nintendo universe, including two new playable characters, Dry Bones and Birdo, and will be one of the best deals of the holiday season.

Deg

Banned
I'll buy MP7. MP6 was rubbish sadly. Hopefully its as good as MP5.

Is Mario Kart DS online 16/8 player?

heavenly

CVXFREAK said:
Still, Nintendo might as well drop the price and offer a standalone system for $79.99 as well, if they're gonna dodge a loss on the games, or in MP7's case, a controller, too.

BorkBork said:
Seems kind of dumb from a profit standpoint to include a new game like Mario Kart in a bundle, but I guess this is a good way to introduce wi-fi and to get the system out there this holiday season.

Nintendo said don't worry about it, the Brain Training games are taking care of the tabs.

Birdo is playable? Our little transvestite has come a long way. :lol

Bundling the mic with MP7 too... are they going to include 2 player mic games in MP7, or are they just going to shove a duplicate on Mario Party 6 owners?

AniHawk

The Mario Party series has sold more than 5 million copies, putting it in the ranks of the most popular video game franchises of all time.

Isn't that number kinda low? Shouldn't it be more like 8-10 million?

EDIT: Oh, they probably mean just NA. I did some quick research, and MP1-5 were at a combined total of 11 million WW by the end of 2003.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
Isn't that number kinda low? Shouldn't it be more like 8-10 million?

All the N64 ones sold over a million in the US and Japan, so 7 Million right there.

The GC series is like at 4 or 5 Million.

Jewbacca

Banned
littlewig said:

We already got the XD bundle in the back at target Ill check the price tomorrow :D

AB 101

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Bundle Animal Crossing with a White DS please :)

just bundle something with a white DS

I am getting kind of tired of white. Thanks Apple.

White, IMO, is the new age beige.

Top Bottom