• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata could be coming to Switch

Draugoth

Gold Member

A journalist who correctly reported details about an upcoming Nintendo Direct appears to be suggesting that a Switch version of Nier Automata will be revealed during the presentation.

Last week, Nacho Requena, the editor of Spanish games magazine Manual, correctly predicted that a Nintendo Direct was scheduled for June 28, and that it would mainly focus on third-party games.

And on Monday, the Switch maker confirmed plans to host a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase this Tuesday, offering roughly 25 minutes of information on upcoming third-party titles.

blacktout

Fuck yeah. I've been waiting for this for years. If it is announced, that will do a lot to make up for the disappointment of it not being a "true" Direct.

Also, I'm not going to doubt this dude again, having already been humiliated once, lol.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Problem was a weirdly expensive GI solution, so if that got re-engineered it should be quite doable.
Remember the initial fixes on PC all involved tweaking this in order to fix stutters.

Barakov

Another streaming port?
paul dano GIF by BBC First Australia

The Switch 2.0 really needs to come out.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Game is not a looker beyond 2B herself so I was expecting it, but it's unoptimized to the hell and back, I couldn't finish it on a low end PC that could run everything I wanted at decent framerate because it was just too pixelated and at 40fps, even with the optimization mod. I was only one chapter left, I think playing it that way ruined the game for me because I'd like to play something like it these days but not it... I'm waiting to play the prequel first so maybe I can play automata again, was such a good game, it's a shame the game was left with no care for PC players

Buggy Loop

Unless they somehow reoptimized the thing, even on PC beast machines, it's still a fucked up port that scales horribly on hardware.

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

Sentenza

This is your chance to experience how fucking overvalued this game really is.

Be ready for hours of your time spent beating presumably-autistic trash-bin-shaped droids in brown and repetitive city environment, brown and repetitive desert environment or green and repetitive forest environment with PS2-tier vegetation.

But the worst offender is arguably that to get to the "true ending" you have to go through it several times, each one a bit more boring than the previous one, and WHAT'S EVEN WORSE at some point you are forced to give pause to play as a scantily clad hottie that never quits for a second flashing their panties (the only real pleasure the game has to offer, really) and are forcefully put into the role of the soyboy shouta that follows them around like a pet.

Well, on a more serious note a lot of people seem to love this one a lot, so maybe it will be your thing. For some reason.

Last edited:
Have some standards fellow appreciator of bootaes.

No Way Reaction GIF

I do. I have gameplay standards not graphics standards. As long The gameplay is great I'm fine. Btw even if this game is coming to Switch I'm not buying it due to having played it on Steam. I love the gameplay, Story and characters. The graphics were just fine to me, nothing great

Why are you so triggered lol

:p

Last edited:

Holammer

Digital Foundry guys will milk this, they just looooove to make impossible Switch port videos.
Add some speculation how it'll run better on Switch 2/Pro later.

kiphalfton

Not sure how Automata runs so crappy to begin with, considering it's not that much better looking than Bayonetta (which runs fine on all systems... except PS3). Only thing I can think of is the open world maybe?

In any case it will probably really suffer on switch. Too bad since along with Kingdom Hearts, I'm sure switch would benefit from having some action RPG's on it. But not if it's not a native port.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

This is your chance to experience how fucking overvalued this game really is.

Be ready for hours of your time spent beating presumably-autistic trash-bin-shaped droids in brown and repetitive city environment, brown and repetitive desert environment or green and repetitive forest environment with PS2-tier vegetation.

But the worst offender is arguably that to get to the "true ending" you have to go through it several times, each one a bit more boring than the previous one, and WHAT'S EVEN WORSE at some point you are forced to give pause to play as a scantily clad hottie that never quits for a second flashing their panties (the only real pleasure the game has to offer, really) and are forcefully put into the role of the soyboy shouta that follows them around like a pet.

Well, on a more serious note a lot of people seem to love this one a lot, so maybe it will be your thing. For some reason.
NimG5Ls.gif

Javthusiast

Banned
I do. I have gameplay standards not graphics standards. As long The gameplay is great I'm fine. Btw even if this game is coming to Switch I'm not buying it due to having played it on Steam. I love the gameplay, Story and characters. The graphics were just fine to me, nothing great

I am not triggered my friend, I am just memeing like most of the time.
James Franco Flirt GIF

SSfox

I LOOOOVE THIS GAME but in original PS4 the game wasn’t exactly running so well, I cant imagine how well it will run on Switch, unless they put significant time to it.

Even with "time" it can't and won't run well on Swootch.

Shifty

Methinks the anime avatar doth protest too much.

900p on the original PS4 with some dips as well.

Gonna be really hard for me to believe this will run well at all. I don't even have a drive to play it on Switch but if this somehow makes NieR more well known to people and increase its popularity and allow the game to have sequel then I'm all for it.
Might be a cloud game. Ran bad on PC too, running it native 4k60fps with high settings was a struggle with a gtx 1080.

kubricks

TBH the game's environment isn't that complex at all, I can see it working on Switch if they put in the effort optimizing it. Of course there will be downgrade but if they can maintain 30fps it might be worth it.

This is a great game, absolutely, but technically the game is not very impressive and remember being extremely disappointed with how the PC version ran at the time. The framerate was fine but the game had graphical issues such as extreme pop in, especially when using MSAA, and overall the game just felt like it was released unpolished, pretty much like how all FromSoftware games are really. I will be very interested to see how this looks and runs on the Switch because even on powerful hardware the game didn't exactly impress visually. I would imagine that the Switch version will have a lot of compromises to the visuals in order to run at 30 fps on its low-power hardware.

Top Bottom