• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni-Ko-Nuni developers Level-5 recruiting for brand new RPG

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/level-5-recruiting-staff-for-brand-new-rpg-project
Source: https://www.level5.co.jp/recruit/career/new/

Ni no Kuni developer Level-5 is recruiting staff to work on a “brand-new RPG” project currently in development, the company announced.

The following positions are currently available:

Game Director
Producer
Programmer
Planner
3D Character Designer
3D Character Motion Designer
3D Map Designer
Effect Designer
User Interface Designer
Test Player (Part-Time)
Details about the project were not announced.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Hopefully they have a character designer that creates something closer to Rogue Galaxy and as far away as possible from the awful Ni No Kuni II. That prince catboy kid is easily the worst main character design in years.

anthony2690

Banned
Hasn't the mobile phone mmorpg game literally just saved these guys? I am sure I read online recently it made more money than Pokémon go in its opening week or two.

Insane stuff.

sublimit

Banned
Is Ni Ko Nuni a good game? Never played it.
The first one has great story and characters,great art direction but suffers from clunky combat and a stupid Pokemon mechanic that forces you to grind.

The second one has a much better combat but kinda mediocre story and characters.It also suffers from some stupid RTS battles that unfortunately some are mandatory to finish the game. Art direction and music are good but not on the same level as the first one.

In general the first one feels more like a unique collaboration between Ghibli and L5 and the second one feels more like a typical (but solid) L5 RPG.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Yessssss. Anything from the Ni no Kuni team is welcome and day 1 for me. 1 was fantastic. 2 was a bit different but still amazing.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
meh they have gone down hill. WOuld lkove to see them prove me wrong with their next game though.

borborygmus

Is Ni Ko Nuni a good game? Never played it.
It's actually legit terrible if you look past the graphics. One of the worst I've played. Every single mechanic is bungled, and the content is stretched extremely thin and isn't even compelling, at all, beyond the intro.

Last edited:

Fbh

It's good that they are looking for new Talent.

Recent Level 5 games have looked and sounded great, but almost everything else about them is sub par

Top Bottom