• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Sunday Ticket 2016 pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

2016 online streaming pricing (for non-students)

fngzijr.png

https://nflst.directv.com

2015 pricing for comparison:

Directv-prices-08-10-15.png

DirecTV is expanding the availability of NFL Sunday Ticket for college students. Last year, students at most 4-year colleges could subscribe to the standalone football streaming package — without any satellite service required. This season, DirecTV is opening it up further to include to everyone at 2-year institutions as well. Only out-of-market games are permitted for streaming; you won’t be able to watch anything being shown on a local CBS or Fox channel. So if you're attending college in close proximity to your favorite team, this won't do you much good.

Students pay $24.99 per month versus the $49.99 that you can pay if you’re not in school and live someplace where you’re unable to receive DirecTV satellite service. That includes "areas within various metropolitan cities" and buildings "verified as unable to receive DirecTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals." It's somewhat broad, but you can check availability for your address here.

Also new this season: Sunday Ticket is coming to the Apple TV. It’ll be available on Apple’s latest, fourth-generation set-top box.
You can also stream DirecTV’s package (which includes the Red Zone Channel) on Chromecast, Playstation 4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/28/12311924/nfl-sunday-ticket-directv-streaming-apple-tv

Glad they got rid of that middle tier from last and just combined the two together into the $49.99/month plan.

For those who had the online streaming version of Sunday Ticket last year, how did you like it? Was the streaming quality good? A lot of buffering? Thinking about getting it this year to watch it on my Xbox One and just wanted to get some opinions.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
For those who had the online streaming version of Sunday Ticket last year, how did you like it? Was the streaming quality good? A lot of buffering? Thinking about getting it this year to watch it on my Xbox One and just wanted to get some opinions.

The streaming is quite reliable. I watched it on Xbox One, PS4, and even my phone a few times and never had any major issues (except when I tried to switch over during a game between devices, in which case you really have to log out or there's a bit of a delay before you can log in on the new device again). My only complaint I guess would be that even when the connection seems completely good the video quality's not that great. Kinda like a mediocre local HD feed I guess? Not terrible, and not artifacting or SD quality or anything, but just not crisp. Didn't really bother me though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
$75 a month is fucking ridiculous.

But thanks to the NFL being crack to many people they justify the price point.

It is pretty bad but then again I buy a UFC about once a month and that's like $60 so if I get four games I really care about a month for $75, and access to every game, it's not that horrible. But I guess comparing to PPV prices is sort of moving the goalposts :p.

Am I reading it wrong though -- isn't the Max price actually less than last year? yay?

bozeman

I discovered late last season that my brother's cable login got me access to the Redzone app on Xbox One, so I'll try that again this year. If my local cable company didn't put NFL Network/Redzone into their highest tier or if the league got realistic about their streams, I'd gladly come out of pocket for Redzone alone. It's so good, especially since I don't have a team I specifically root for.

Ok, I was just talking about canceling cable with my wife and I was wondering what my options to watch football were come autumn.

So... I don't have directv and have a PS3 and 4. Am I able to order this to watch the NY Giants in a NY Giants market?

entremet

Ok, I was just talking about canceling cable with my wife and I was wondering what my options to watch football were come autumn.

So... I don't have directv and have a PS3 and 4. Am I able to order this to watch the NY Giants in a NY Giants market?
No. Blackout rules apply. But they should be on free tv for you anyway.

Consider SlingTV.

bigkrev

No, but attaching an antenna to your TV should get you the games

Balb

Are the Sunday Ticket streams on par with the TV broadcasts delay-wise? I remember trying MLB.tv years ago and being annoyed by how much of a delay there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom