• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube TV Wins NFL Sunday Ticket in 7-year deal

Pejo

DirecTV is out, YouTube is in. This is a lot more convenient for me personally. I tried Sunday Ticket with DirecTV years ago, it was a huge pain in the ass.

Looks like it's still got local blackouts which fucking sucks for cord cutters, but it's a step in the right direction. You don't have to sub to YouTube TV though to get it. Wonder what they're going to do with pricing.

Starting next season, under the seven-year deal, NFL Sunday Ticket will be available on as an add-on package on YouTube TV and on a standalone, à-la-carte basis on YouTube’s recently launched Primetime Channels (which doesn’t require a subscription to YouTube TV). YouTube didn’t announce pricing for Sunday Ticket. For the 2022 season, DirecTV’s Sunday Ticket plans started at $293.94.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Ugh
Watch as it's part of a forced bundle with Youtube Red Premium for Windows Live! YouTube TV's Base package Premium Plus $64.99 + $189.99

Pejo

Ugh
Watch as it's part of a forced bundle with Youtube Red Premium for Windows Live! YouTube TV's Base package Premium Plus $64.99 + $189.99
It's in the article that they're offering it a-la-carte. Price wasn't announced though, so you might still be close.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Ugh
It'll be more than that, one of the sticking points the NFL and Apple came to blows over apparently was NFL has a price minimum for the service and Apple wanted to include it as part of the general apple tv subsciption. NFL felt that would devalue the brand and broadcast partner relationship. Apple also didn't want to have any games blacked out. NFL said no.

Expect it to be 199+

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
It's in the article that they're offering it a-la-carte. Price wasn't announced though, so you might still be close.
Probably as I stated because, 'Oh well you want live in market games? Then you'll have to get Youtube TV.'
They will milk this for everything it's worth

TransTrender

Gold Member
It'll be more than that, one of the sticking points the NFL and Apple came to blows over apparently was NFL has a price minimum for the service and Apple wanted to include it as part of the general apple tv subsciption. NFL felt that would devalue the brand and broadcast partner relationship. Apple also didn't want to have any games blacked out. NFL said no.

Expect it to be 199+
Oh yeah, I was expecting $189.99 per month

At least Apple actually asked the right question and didn't want any blackout game. I don't like Apple but that was a very pro-consumer move right there.

Pagusas

Elden Member
NFL RedZone is better than Sunday Ticket
Not really comparable. Most people get Sunday Ticket because they want to watch ALL of their favorite team's games, not to watch every single game on sunday. I live in Dallas, I'm a Packer fan. My only options for watching Packer games when the cowboys play at the same time is to either 1. Pirate a game stream, 2. Go to a sports bar or 3. Buy Sunday Ticket. Money isn't an issue to me, but the NFL for the last few decades has made you have to go through DirectTV/buy a satalite dish to do it, even though there is 0 reason to force that. I refuse to put a dish on my house just for sunday ticket.

1 very good thing to come out of all of this at least, regardless of who won the bid, is that DirectTV/Satellite TV will finally die.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

I have other means to watch, but I am curious what the price tag will be. I don't care much for the forced black outs for locals while paying for such a large some.. I briefly read the article, I guess big get for YouTube TV.

Top Bottom